Newbie request for help with settings for dash cam.

Anker doesn't seem to publish this rating for some reason...

All I can tell you about my Anker Astro E4 is that it uses "Samsung Grade A cells (Lithium-Ion) & premium microchips". 500+ recharge cycles.

All I can tell you about my Anker Astro E4 is that it uses "Samsung Grade A cells (Lithium-Ion) & premium microchips". 500+ recharge cycles.

The cells inside these battery packs are the 18650 Li-ion batteries used in laptop computers for many years. These are seeing more and more uses in consumer electronics such as flashlights and chargers such as the ones we're discussing. Almost 7000 Panasonic NCR18650A batteries are used in the power packs of each Tesla S sedan. It's funny but there is really no such thing as a "Grade A" battery cell; this is really just a silly sounding marketing phrase, sort of like "grade A eggs". Then again, there are many, many cheap Chinese 18650 batteries on the market that have poor reputations for safety and reliability so perhaps the term "Grade A" isn't really that far off as Panasonic and Samsung make some of the highest quality ones on the market. My guess is that the cells in the Anker Astro E4 are the Samsung 2600 mAh ICR18650-26F (5 of them), although since I don't really know the exact size of the Anker charger it might use (4) 3250 mAh versions of this cell to achieve the rated 13000 mAh.

The cells are actually graded, this is correct but not something that is normally used in any advertising

The cells are actually graded, this is correct but not something that is normally used in any advertising

That's interesting. I wasn't aware of this. Are there good and bad batches of the same battery that get released?

Edit: Let me rephrase that. Not bad batches but "B" grades.

Quality is a result of material choice, I have a friend in the battery business but they only use A grade Samsung cells for their product

I've always wondered what the difference was between the Panasonic NCR18650B and the NCR18650A
Does this A/B designation have anything to do with what we are talking about?

I've been a customer at B&H since 1974 when they were a little hole in the wall full of cardboard cartons behind a counter down on Warren Street.
Off topic, yes it's grown quite a bit. Preferring local to mail order and my love of photography, I can usually find what I need there.

Off topic, yes it's grown quite a bit. Preferring local to mail order and my love of photography, I can usually find what I need there.[/QUOTE

B&H is an amazing resource. Love the place.

Last edited:
This is starting to sound very close to battery geeks from the candle power forums.

Where has that Ultimate Battery Spreadsheet gone...

Back