Newest firmware for DC?

The Dod i manage to make it work only as an external display. I can't stop the recording from the app in order to access the memory card and copy the movies.

@alexsoll ran through some basic features using the DOD app and didn't seem to have problems, maybe just something you're missing from the process

Reactions: Mtz
The Dod i manage to make it work only as an external display. I can't stop the recording from the app in order to access the memory card and copy the movies.

@alexsoll ran through some basic features using the DOD app and didn't seem to have problems, maybe just something you're missing from the process

When i push the button to stop recording i get a message like "wait, camera is busy" and nothing happens. The recording is still active so i can't acces the files. I've read something about it, it seems for some it works, for other not. No clue what to do.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I got my DC about 3 weeks ago and it has v1.15 on it. Works just fine. Any future improvements are much welcomed and appreciated! ;)

I found a bug. I connected my dash cam with Novacam app. It stuck and only after reboot i was able to record again.

I found a bug. I connected my dash cam with Novacam app. It stuck and only after reboot i was able to record again.

what phone is a 'SM-G935F ' and what version of Android are you on?

does it do the same if you use the DOD app?

Samsung S7 Edge with 7.0 Android. With DOD is ok, but i can't stop the recording and acces the files.

maybe my question wasn't clear

this problem you found, did it occur on earlier camera firmware version also?

maybe my question wasn't clear

this problem you found, did it occur on earlier camera firmware version also?
I never tried Novacam untill now. I was looking for sth to acces by wifi the files on the dash cam.

I never tried Novacam untill now. I was looking for sth to acces by wifi the files on the dash cam.

ok, so that same problem may have been there previously, thanks, just wanted to be clear on what you had tested

Thank you for listening. And please, develop that app that can allow us to transfer the files from the dash cam by wifi. It will help a lot.

WiFi is not being advertised as an official feature. (See that last link) WiFi was left enabled since basic functionality works via a few 3rd party mobile apps. It will take some time before an official WiFi app is made available and WiFi is mentioned as being a feature on the product listing pages.

I know it can be hard to estimate but would you have a ballpark range of when this app may be completed? Something like 6 months, or 1 year?

I know it can be hard to estimate but would you have a ballpark range of when this app may be completed? Something like 6 months, or 1 year?

I'll be back in China next month, should have a better idea after that

that is only suitable for very minimal use, the files are too large for it to be a practical method of transfer for regular use

Because of the transfer time or because it would stress / overheat the transceiver in the camera?

I have no need to connect the dash cam to my phone, but I've been toying with the idea of using WiFi to transfer files to my desktop computer. But as you point out, the files are quite large. I wouldn't want to overstress the transceiver.

The only advantage to using WiFi would be not having to reformat the card after removing it from the camera and reading from it in the computer. I noticed that recommendation in the manual. Reformatting is not a big deal, so it's not worth stressing the camera over if this would be a problem using WiFi. But if the only concern is the transfer time, I might give it a try.

Richard

I dont think it stress the transceiver in the camera, but its just they are of such a slow standards that transfer times are much higher then the actual recording times, so it take longer to transfer the 3 minute file than it took recording it.
If a camera have wifi i always have it on along with the screen too for my testing in relation to heat endurance, its a worst case scenario but as long as you can have the wifi on all the time and ditto LCD screen, then i test it cuz there are some that would do it though i personally see no reason to do so.
Newer cameras ( action ) do seem to support the faster 5.8GHZ bands, so things are moving in the right direction for sure.
This are one of the reasons i hope i get my hands on newer action cameras like the SJcam SJ8 pro that are claimed to support 802.11n.

I am not quite sure if it is the dashcam manufactures that go cheap and put in slow wifi modems, but i dont think that's the case.

No doubt things are getting smarter and smarter,and that's often not something i like, but at least as long as you can turn off the damn wifi i will be okay.

yeah just too slow to be practical, camera needs to be powered on so if leaving it in the car the power draw needs to be taken into consideration, having it on for hours at a time isn't generally a good thing for the car battery

Back