Next base 422

jontyhorn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I bought a nextbase 422 and have it hard wired. I can’t figure out if I have a gps signal or not. The time and date set automatically without me doing anything. In the settings I have gps stamp on and speed stamp on. The recordings however show no speed or gps and in the app it says the recording doesn’t contain gps data. How do solve this?

you might have to turn on speed stamp in the menu ?
Not familiar with these, but speed stamp are generally on by default in the systems i have tested over time, but none of them was a nextbase camera.

Cheers for the reply. The speed stamp setting is turned on, the recording says there is no GPS data so I presume it isn’t locked to a signal

Does your car have a heated athermal windscreen

In that case check and clean the terminals between cam and base. If that doesn't fix it then you may have a dud base.

I haven't checked but if the cam has a mini USB port then use that temporarily to bypass the base, that'll determine one way or the other.

Cheers, I tried that and got nothing. I did however tilt the dashcam up so it was pointing the sky and I got a signal. Left it for 5 mins there to hopefully get a lock but as soon as i tilt it down so it points at the road I loose it. E7C20C91-0986-457A-BB0C-325E3A1DD8BA.jpeg7CD57215-BB05-423F-AE0D-5EE61E60A6BD.jpeg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H 422GW 1
T 422GW 4
Tariq007 422GW 2
B 422GW 10
M 422GW 9
Back