Next Viofo Cam

Hi sone .. I don't normally do that, and just go with the flow. I apologise for pointing out that you should be using spaces in your writing.

Some people will be offended .. some people will appreciate the help in improving their English writing.
I didn't know which way it would be taken, so I decided to delete it, shortly after writing the post.

Apologies once again

Have a nice Day :D

Last edited:
Hi sone .. I don't normally do that, and just go with the flow. I apologise for pointing out that you should be using spaces in your writing.

Some people will be offended .. some people will appreciate the help in improving their English writing.
I didn't know which way it would be taken, so I decided to delete it, shortly after writing the post.

Apologies once again

Have a nice Day :D
I am not offended..but people do understand me or my writing here.Again...english is not my first language, but I cant remember my school teachers ( english language teachers ) , teach me to put a space behind/after a comma or a dot(at beginning of a sentence,before first letter of new sentence).In my opinion thats hairsplitting. One other thing I have to mention is that in my language we dont put spaces after comma or dot, so maybe I was making mistake unaware of it.
Best regards, have a nice day too. :D:cool:

Interesting story

This is your lucky day .. not only do you get information on Dash Cams on DASHCAMTALK ... you get the BONUS of assistance with your English writing skills.
You hit the Jackpot, Man ... Haha

Noticed you used some spaces in your message above .. and some dots like I do. Dots are Not correct English writing but no one complains .. so must be ok, and not annoy other people.

As Dashmellow said - Your writing is easy to understand as it is .. only with a little change here and there .. you will appear more like English Gentleman as well as Serbian.

I will see you around the Forum .. and of course, it will make me happy Aussie if you use more spaces in future messages/posts. Your call .. so it is up to you whether you are happy being OK English writer or improve and become Good English writer.

Cheers .. Have a nice Day .. tomorrow as well. :D

Noticed you used some spaces in your message above .. and some dots like I do. Dots are Not correct English writing but no one complains .. so must be ok, and not annoy other people.
Please do it properly and use three dots ... not just two :cautious:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

...and emphasise your "Not" using bold or underlined text, not a capital letter :whistle:

:D

@Nigel

Yeah .. look, thanks for that

next..

ps. Where's the ''Unlike'' button?

Last edited:
@Nigel

Yeah .. look, thanks for that

next..

ps. Where's the ''Unlike'' button?
Some people never listen!

You are still using 2 full stop characters instead of the single proper character "…" - Unicode character 2026.
There is also Unicode character 205E "⁞" for vertical use.

:sneaky:

Everyone has the right to think what they want :)). That comparision is not fair because a119 is not at full power so people will see that video and say wr1 is a step up when its not true.

There's no evidence of what settings were used for the cameras. Just because it's on Youtube at 1080P doesn't mean it was recorded in 1080P. Only way to know for sure is to ask the poster and if it was recorded in 1080P ask him to up the resolution in a new test.

It clearly states that both videos recorded at full hd 30 fps.

It clearly states that both videos recorded at full hd 30 fps.
Videos recorded in same resolution and WR 1 videos looks better than A119's video. How that isnt a step up?

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Videos recorded in same resolution and WR 1 videos looks better than A119's video. How that isnt a step up?

^ Some nice work there, sone :D

Moon v1 has had a Firmware Update as well. Moon v2 now comes with ''...'' instead of ''..''

Makes all the difference ... runs a whole lot smoother now ... Harmony has been restored, which is good. ;P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other Dash Cam news... I'm hangin out for the launch/arrival of the WR1
Will probably wait to hear some feedback from buyers ... as well as more Day/Night Video footage and Reviews, especially with regard to the Wi-Fi and the App.

Last edited:
^ Some nice work there, sone :D

Moon v1 has had a Firmware Update as well. Moon v2 now comes with ''...'' instead of ''..''

Makes all the difference ... runs a whole lot smoother now ... Harmony has been restored, which is good. ;P
Are you sure its my credit for that, updates or dots/full points/periods??

Are you sure its my credit for that, updates or dots/full points/periods??

As they say around here when receiving a compliment ... 'It is a Global effort' ... Hahaha.

Well,now you see, you were pointing to my mistakes but clearly you've had one of your owns and you needed someone else to point at them for you.

[emoji2] [emoji6] [emoji41]

^ Yes .. we call it 'What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander' over here in Oz.

Let's keep focussed on maintaining our new improved versions of ourselves ... and not falling back into our 'old' models.

*All this can be captured on your new Viofo WR1 ... If you had one. <---- On-Topic content. lol

Last edited:
Everyone has the right to think what they want :)). That comparison is not fair because a119 is not at full power so people will see that video and say wr1 is a step up when its not true.
I recorded at 1080p for both cameras just to not modify with a software resizer one of the videos. Also resizing can affect video quality and if I recorded at 1440p and downscaled to 1080p and the A119 video was looking bad, then people could blame the resizer. Of course 1440p can offer better image but for a first comparison video I wanted to record in same conditions.

I received the second firmware version yesterday and I made a night recording with white and orange street lights because I wanted to judge the white balance:
Sorry about date from the video, it is 12 hours later. I will update later the youtube video with original sample download link.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ok. You are right but if you set a119 to record in 1440 like most people do wich one do you think has the better footage?

Thanks for the video Mtz. Night footage looks good to my eyes.

Last edited:
Crunchtime folks

Ok ... What would you buy as a rear Cam - A119, A119s, WR1, DDPAI M4+ ... or pay the extra and get a Street Guardian ?

Ok. You are right but if you set a119 to record in 1440 like most people do wich one do you think has the better footage?
You and other people need to understand some delicate things:
- it is not easy to do the right comparison of two videos. Some people will have both cameras and will not make correct comparisons and one thing is because of resolution. Some of them will take the 1440p of A119, downsize to 1080p then reencode again when doing the comparisons. In this way (combined with a poor software used) they will destroy the A119 image just because of two encodings. When I am uploading to youtube I can not explain to people that I am Mtz and I was encoding videos from 12 years ago so they can trust my videos. So I recorded both videos at 1080p just to not let somebody think that I was encoding the A119 video two times.
I am encoding with avisynth script and H264 encoder.
- it is not easy yo build a reputation and always to offer correct videos. All my uploaded videos are correct, using correct and same settings of the cameras. Of course I can make a video comparison of A119 and WR1 with 1440p recording by doing at the same time the resizing and the encoding so the A119 video will be not affected in any way but I considered the first comparison video to be both at 1080p.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have no problem with the way you made the comparision, i only wanted to disagree that wr1 is a step up in video quality from a119 given the fact that a119 can do 1440 and wr1 cannot. I will probably buy wr1 and give up my a119 even if wr1 has a lower video quality just to have the other features it offers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W WR1 48
W WR1 0
Yooshaw WR1 3
J WR1 4
J WR1 5
Back