Nextbase 312GW problem?

I'm using a Sandisk ultra class 64gb and it's been working fine for around 7 months or so now, thinking of upgrading to the 128gb Sandisk ultra soon for my NB 412GW

any nextbase issue I'd contact Tiffany asap!

I bought YET ANOTHER replacement for a nextbase cam today, a 101 with the dreaded lets make up our own date and time thing, despite car being used every day, oh well throw that one in the drawer with the other 5 ha ha

Hi @tabetha

What date/time is it resetting to?

Can I ask where you purchased this from 101 Go? This isn't being manufactured anymore, it has been replaced with the 112 Go.

I bought YET ANOTHER replacement for a nextbase cam today, a 101 with the dreaded lets make up our own date and time thing, despite car being used every day, oh well throw that one in the drawer with the other 5 ha ha

I have to set my 312gw to GMT +1 to take into account daylight saving time

Yes @chatman this is normal, the satellites are set to a universal GMT.

They don't observe British Summer Time so when the unit attains enough satellites it automatically adjusts the time to GMT unless you've set it to your particular timezone.

The thing is plagued with problems and what's worse is that Next Base will do everything they can to squirm out of having to honour their warranty.

I bought mine in December and initially it was great, but since then I've had issues with recordings being corrupted, image being corrupted, sound corruption and now I have a bootloop where it starts up, records for 3-5 seconds then restarts.
After several emails of Next Base trying to blame it on Firmware (Was working before...) and getting me to charge it in home for some reason they're now saying that they do not support the seller I purchased from (Amazon). Why does that matter? It's their product, it's under warranty, but they're just not honouring it.

Anyways, rant over I'd advise anyone looking at this cam to stay clear. If you're within your 12 months warranty and it goes wrong then there's a chance you'll be SOoL. I'm now going to replace our 3 Nextbase cams with something more credible.

Hi @Largoh

I am really sorry that you're frustrated with your 312GW, I would like to clear up some confusion here if I may.

We certainly do not do anything to squirm out of warranty repairs, we have been liaising with you for ten days (since the 2nd August 2017) where we responded each day to try and get what you're experiencing resolved.

It has become clear that it isn't a problem we can remotely help you with and the unit will need to be returned unfortunately.

It's not a case of not supporting the seller, the discount seller you purchased from handles their own 12 month warranty. You still have one and are able to return it to them for a complete replacement/refund, each individual retailer has a slightly different process and this is reflected in their discounted price, however the fact still stands that you have a 12 month warranty with our product. Even after 12 months we're still here providing support and assistance from out UK Technical Support centre.

We're on hand everyday to diagnose faults and hopefully rectify quickly, in the event it can't be we can arrange repair/replacement or direct you to the place where you can obtain a repair/replacement.

Please accept my apologies if the seller you purchased it from didn't respond to your expectations, I have passed this onto the relevant department for review.

Regards

Last edited:
It's not a case of not supporting the seller

May I ask which Amazon retailer it was purchased from? If you bought the unit from iZilla or Velocity you will need to contact them directly as we do not support them with our warranty service.

This quote is taken from an email you guys sent to me.

Either way, I'm not going to argue with you in someone else's thread. I just want to make people aware of what they're getting in to by purchasing a Next base product. It has problems just like most other products out there, but my experience in dealing with you has been terrible. As you said, it's taken 10 days and I've still got this useless pos sat here waiting for a solution. At this point, I'm going to cut my losses and find something else.

The thing is plagued with problems and what's worse is that Next Base will do everything they can to squirm out of having to honour their warranty.

I bought mine in December and initially it was great, but since then I've had issues with recordings being corrupted, image being corrupted, sound corruption and now I have a bootloop where it starts up, records for 3-5 seconds then restarts.
After several emails of Next Base trying to blame it on Firmware (Was working before...) and getting me to charge it in home for some reason they're now saying that they do not support the seller I purchased from (Amazon). Why does that matter? It's their product, it's under warranty, but they're just not honouring it.

Anyways, rant over I'd advise anyone looking at this cam to stay clear. If you're within your 12 months warranty and it goes wrong then there's a chance you'll be SOoL. I'm now going to replace our 3 Nextbase cams with something more credible.

Which memory card is the cam using (make, model, size, speed class)?
Have you tried a different memory card?
Is the camera losing date/time?
Is the camera on its manufacturer-supplied power supply or some other power cable?

Which memory card is the cam using (make, model, size, speed class)?
Have you tried a different memory card?
Is the camera losing date/time?
Is the camera on its manufacturer-supplied power supply or some other power cable?

I'm using the Transcend 32 GB Premium Class 10. I've tried A SanDisk Ultra 32gb too, same result with both.
No date/time loss.
Using the manufacturer supplied power cable.

I'm using the Transcend 32 GB Premium Class 10. I've tried A SanDisk Ultra 32gb too, same result with both.
No date/time loss.
Using the manufacturer supplied power cable.

And the cam worked fine for a few months but recently started misbehaving?
Did you do anything, change any settings or install new firmware coinciding with the problems?

And the cam worked fine for a few months but recently started misbehaving?
Did you do anything, change any settings or install new firmware coinciding with the problems?

That's right. It was working mainly fine. Some video corruption, some strange audio corruptions but for the most part it was fine.
Absolutely nothing changed, no settings nor firmware. I was on 4.5R and at the request of Next Base I upgraded to 5.4R after I contacted them about the issue.

That's right. It was working mainly fine. Some video corruption, some strange audio corruptions but for the most part it was fine.
Absolutely nothing changed, no settings nor firmware. I was on 4.5R and at the request of Next Base I upgraded to 5.4R after I contacted them about the issue.

Sounds like a hardware problem, something you probably can't fix yourself.

I'm surprised that Nextbase cams are available from certain sellers yet Nextbase aren't interested in supporting their product.
Maybe @NextBase Tiffany can clarify why Nextbase won't support products from certain sellers.

I knew it was a hardware issue from the start. It was obvious to someone technically minded like myself.

I was also surprised at their response as they initially seemed very helpful and fast to respond while I was jumping through the hoops of 'Try this', 'Now try this'.

The response you'll likely get is something about 'discount sellers' having their own process etc. Rights are with the seller etc.
Sounds to me like this advertised 12 months warranty doesn't exist and that they rely solely on the Consumer Rights Act.

Of course, I'd love to clear this up.

Some retailers prefer to support the Nextbase warranty themselves, other retailers prefer Nextbase support to assist customers if and when support is required.

This has no affect on your Consumer Rights in anyway, the retailer @Largoh has used should be offering a replacement unit as they are entitled to one based on the fault we've identified and the date of purcahse.

Hi,
I have a 312gw and it fails to record almost half of the time it is on, missing up to 40 minutes at a time. I currently have a sandisk 32 gb sd card and have ordered the Transcend premium based on the above recommendations. Hoping it will solve this problem as it has missed 3 important incidents which is proving quite useless. Does anyone have any other suggestions to what the problem may be?

@Largoh with absolutely all due respect, @NextBase Tiffany is really trying to help you with plenty of suggestions of things to try to get your cam working.

Occasionally there are times where people will have products (and not just dashcams) that give them literally no end of trouble from day one, and it's actually no real secret that I'm personally not a fan of nextbase dashcams, but while you have a bad product in this instance, and you've only had it since December, take it back to the manufacturer. It is their absolute responsibility for them to either refund or replace it with no questions asked within the first 6 months if faulty, and in the next 6 months they must be given the chance to attempt to repair it for you and if they can't, they should still then be able to replace or refund. that's our law and its a helpful one.

@NextBase Tiffany is giving you plenty of courtesy here... something a lot of companies/manufacturers genuinely don't (and legally don't have to)

Hi,
I have a 312gw and it fails to record almost half of the time it is on, missing up to 40 minutes at a time. I currently have a sandisk 32 gb sd card and have ordered the Transcend premium based on the above recommendations. Hoping it will solve this problem as it has missed 3 important incidents which is proving quite useless. Does anyone have any other suggestions to what the problem may be?

That doesn't sound right @Orla, how often have you been formatting the SD card?

Are you on the latest firmware version?

It might be worth calling in to our technical support centre on 02920 866 429 or email support@nextbase.co.uk .

Back