Nextbase 312GW problem?

That doesn't sound right @Orla, how often have you been formatting the SD card?

Are you on the latest firmware version?

It might be worth calling in to our technical support centre on 02920 866 429 or email support@nextbase.co.uk .

@NextBase Tiffany I format it quite regularly as I am constantly checking its progress. I have called the technical support and they advised me to update the firmware which I done quite a while ago but it made little, to no difference to the situation. As I said above, I have ordered the new SD card and it is due to arrive Wednesday, which I will then try out and see how it works.

Ah great - What version are you on at the moment?

OK - please keep me/us informed as it shouldn't be missing sections as you're describing.

Currently on version 4.0. will do thanks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - I need help setting get up the wife feature on the 312gw please. Could someone possibly talk me through it properly?

I've downloaded the app, and I've turned the wifi on, and it gives me the SSID and password screen.

It says I'm connected, then nothing

I must be doing something wrong but I can't work out what

Welcome @DragonCaz

That sounds right: when you go onto the App can you see a Live View?

What phone do you have?

Yes, I can see live view, but only when I'm sat in the car right by the side of it. It comes up as saying that I need to press 'mode' to exit the wife set up page, and it's then it seems to disconnect.

It's a Motorola G4

Yes the Wi-Fi is only there to transfer files to the optimum distance is 1.5m away.

If you stay in the car can you transfer a file?

No, I can't transfer anything (when sat in the car with the camera about 6cm away).

As I said above, as soon as I exit the wifi settings, by pressing 'mode', it disconnects.

Don't click mode - you need to leave that Wi-Fi screen on to have the Wi-Fi active.

It might be worth calling our Technical Support Centre on 02920 866 429 for us to go through each step with you.

If you like private message me your number and a good time to call and I can call you.

Hi all.

I'm new and a google search led me here.

I got a nextbase 312 with a 32gb sandisk card and it stops recording on almost every journey. Its driving me nuts!

Anyway your helpful thread above suggested the brand of SD card and as a test I brought the camera quality down from 1080 to 720 as I thought the write speed may not be fast enough on the card and after 1 day and several journeys it seems to be ok

I will order the suggested SD card and put it back to 1080 when it arrives to see how it goes.

This is the reason I love a good forum, thanks all

Mark
I have a Nexbase hd duo from the start it would stop after ten minutes, then the next day it would not turn on, I returned it to Halfords they rang nexbase who said replace it. The new HD Duo ran perfectly for 4 hours, then the next day it began shutting down then restarting on its own. I have changed the SD card & reformatted but it still runs for only ten minutes then stop one minute later it will restart with out any

lp from
I have a Nexbase hd duo from the start it would stop after ten minutes, then the next day it would not turn on, I returned it to Halfords they rang nexbase who said replace it. The new HD Duo ran perfectly for 4 hours, then the next day it began shutting down then restarting on its own. I have changed the SD card & reformatted but it still runs for only ten minutes then stop one minute later it will restart with out any input from me. I have been on the Nexbase Website to update the firmware but when I click on the firmware all I get is pages of code.

Yesterday I contacted Nextbase through their online contact. I informed the gentleman there that the Firmware download on their site was not available from their site. He promptly
made the firmware update available to me. Once loaded the camera has now worked as it should for the last two days. thanks to the good offices of their help line.

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me.....

I am using a nextbase 312GW and threw a 32 gb sd card into it, everything was going great for a week or so and then all of a sudden it started bringing up an error

“SD card error please format card”

I have formatted the card numerous times in the camera and tried to use it after doing so and same error kept popping up.

Anyone able to help me? The memory card is brand new brought from an electrical store so that should not be the issue but it’s all very strange.

Thanks for any help!

What is the make and model of the card you are using?

So the memory card is made by platinet, it’s a 32gb one so should be fine.

Like I said it worked perfect for about a week then all of a sudden just stopped.

Any help greatly appreciated.

So the memory card is made by platinet, it’s a 32gb one so should be fine.

I wouldn't be so sure, dashcams are about the hardest product to accommodate when it comes to memory cards, I'd try a good top tier brand name card instead, your errors are consistent with poor memory card quality

Back