Nextbase 522GW-Non Responsive and No Help From Support(phone or email)

MichaelR

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had the Nextbase 522W for about 2 months and have had only problems from the start. I had it installed with Best Buy where I bought it. It worked fine for about a week. No customer support from Best Buy, except they would offer me a reinstall at their installation shop.

So I contacted Nextbase UK via email, and have tried all the suggested actions they told me to do-still, by the next morning the phone had once again disconnected from the dash cam. The only way to reconnect it was to do a reset and start all over. The next day overnight, it returns to being disconnected.

So, I have no solution to that matter.

THEN, with the hot summer hitting Seattle...I had it set up mostly fine ONE day. When I returned to my car after work, it was unconnected again, the dashcam was extremely hot and the cab cam/screen only showed a red frame...not working. AND, the forward screen is not recording but rather shows the scene as in "jerky" motions...like when you get a bad wi-fi stall on your PC....its in jumpy frames... The cam continues to be in a heated hot status...until I brought it into the house today. Now, I cannot hit the red button on the screen and get it to record-and the settings buttons remain in ON position.

After the last email and action suggested from Nextbase, when it didn't work, I have yet to hear back from them. That was 3 days ago. They had been consistently on the ball of response before. So I tried the phone number. 45 minutes of being on hold with a message saying , "You are number one in the order of callers. You are next" for 45 minutes.

Anyone have an idea what I might do? How does one get technical service in the US?

I've had the Nextbase 522W for about 2 months and have had only problems from the start. I had it installed with Best Buy where I bought it. It worked fine for about a week. No customer support from Best Buy, except they would offer me a reinstall at their installation shop.

So I contacted Nextbase UK via email, and have tried all the suggested actions they told me to do-still, by the next morning the phone had once again disconnected from the dash cam. The only way to reconnect it was to do a reset and start all over. The next day overnight, it returns to being disconnected.

So, I have no solution to that matter.

THEN, with the hot summer hitting Seattle...I had it set up mostly fine ONE day. When I returned to my car after work, it was unconnected again, the dashcam was extremely hot and the cab cam/screen only showed a red frame...not working. AND, the forward screen is not recording but rather shows the scene as in "jerky" motions...like when you get a bad wi-fi stall on your PC....its in jumpy frames... The cam continues to be in a heated hot status...until I brought it into the house today. Now, I cannot hit the red button on the screen and get it to record-and the settings buttons remain in ON position.

After the last email and action suggested from Nextbase, when it didn't work, I have yet to hear back from them. That was 3 days ago. They had been consistently on the ball of response before. So I tried the phone number. 45 minutes of being on hold with a message saying , "You are number one in the order of callers. You are next" for 45 minutes.

Anyone have an idea what I might do? How does one get technical service in the US?
Add on: I wish there was a way I could post the thread of communication I have had with Nextbase UK tech support. It would make the scenario more clear perhaps.

Post here, in the dedicated Nextbase area.

They do monitor their own area :

Back