No Recording for days

1/7 sound strange, i myself and one more had 1/1/2020 as the defaulting date, but of course i am not 100 %it was the same firmwares, and some times thing sneak into those

I had a near accident, and when I checked today, the timestamp was 1/23/2020. There was a 43 second video of me driving back. All other (older) videos seemed to be a year old. I'm thinking the date is resetting and not overwriting the older files?

Last edited:
O :eek:
I think the SG guys need to do something for you, clearly there seem to be a deeper issue.
Ill highlight Jon just to be on the safe side.
@Street Guardian USA

BTW Threadripper powered here( Gen 1 12 core ),,,,, CPU not supporting win 11, though i have no plans going there before i am out right forced to.
My X399 Aorus extreme MOBO did get a updated bios a few weeks ago, but thats just pertaining to some things needed for win 11, still i did the update. :)

Did you receive a replacement updated DR power supply? You ordered the DR long enough ago you might not have it. I’m happy to send a new power supply to try even if you’re not sure. Send a private message, email or open a support ticket with your details.

I did not. I restarted our conversation about it.

I was hoping there would be a firmware fix that was alluded to in this post.

PM received, an updated DR power supply is on the way. Only a handful of early customers had a problem. I thought I contacted everyone to receive one in late 2020. We've only been shipping the DR with updated power supplies for over a year now.

Me and another guy had some issues too, in my case only if the car had been parked for over 18 hours ( using 1 hour parking guard on the timer )
Then the DR would have reset to the default time.
But then me replacing my 2012 car battery in 2020 fixed that problem for me, even if the old battery dident show any signs of aging.
It have been a while since i looked the the DR memory card as it quickly became my go to camera, more so than the zenfox - viofo and what not cameras i have been sent to beat on since then, they taken up much more of my time.
Testing SG cameras have always been pretty uneventful for me, so a pleasure to deal with.
Ill yank the DR memory card tomorrow, i have not used parking guard on the system for a while as i have tested that on other products and i just to that with 1 camera at the time.

So what is the fix for this? Is some sort of new powersupply needed? I had ordered my unit on 6/2020.

I have my DR video-out connected to my dash and on at few occasions (first time I noticed was right after an accident!) I noticed that the video displayed from the cameras is being shown but the flashing red recoding light on the screen is missing and the date/time on the video doesn't update, meaning that something is frozen and there is no recording in progress. Worse, the button/microphone dongle is still flashing red, misleading the true status of the recording. Only fix is to press the reset button the unit. I rotate my SD cards so it doesn't seem to be specific to a problematic card.

So if someone is not able to view the screen to check for the red light or the date/time and since the button/microphone dongle is not reliable in indicating actual recording, then the only way to know it's working is to listen for the startup chime. And if it stops recording mid-drive, there is no way to tell.

Last edited:
So what is the fix for this? Is some sort of new powersupply needed? I had ordered my unit on 6/2020.

I have my DR video-out connected to my dash and on at few occasions (first time I noticed was right after an accident!) I noticed that the video displayed from the cameras is being shown but the flashing red recoding light on the screen is missing and the date/time on the video doesn't update, meaning that something is frozen and there is no recording in progress. Worse, the button/microphone dongle is still flashing red, misleading the true status of the recording. Only fix is to press the reset button the unit. I rotate my SD cards so it doesn't seem to be specific to a problematic card.

So if someone is not able to view the screen to check for the red light or the date/time and since the button/microphone dongle is not reliable in indicating actual recording, then the only way to know it's working is to listen for the startup chime. And if it stops recording mid-drive, there is no way to tell.

Please open a support ticket. We’ll send a new power supply

I have a problem with my sggcx2pro+ that seems similar to this. All of my recordings stop around the 49 second mark, regardless of the length of the recording loop (1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes). I've tried tried using a new memory card and I've tried changing firmware versions (1.31 and 1.32).

The only time it records a full length video is if the car's off.

Thanks for your help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
runar SG9663DR 8
Back