Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com

Cammer: "I have cameras everywhere."

Crasher: "Yeah I know. You reverse." (Still insists)

It's possible crasher eased off the brakes while looking at his passenger, and never notices his car moving forward until the impact. (so assumes driver ahead put it in reverse) Either way his fault obviously.

Last edited:
Hate these type of people who try to scam people, there's a mentality like this out of the old USSR states, particularly from the southern USSR, close to the middle east.

I know I've rolled backwards on a slight incline, thinking my handbrake was on, but caught movement out of the corner of my eye and reapplied the brakes quickly enough, so these things can happen.

But if a knock happens, and you haven't got the handbrake on, surely you should realise it's your fault right away? After all it makes no sense for someone to actively reverse in to you in that situation.

I know I've rolled backwards on a slight incline, thinking my handbrake was on, but caught movement out of the corner of my eye and reapplied the brakes quickly enough, so these things can happen.

But if a knock happens, and you haven't got the handbrake on, surely you should realise it's your fault right away? After all it makes no sense for someone to actively reverse in to you in that situation.
^^+1

some people simply cannot accept that they possibly made a mistake and will stubbornly try to place the blame on someone else. more proof: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/i-turned-he-didnt-boom-update.13018/

some people simply cannot accept that they possibly made a mistake and will stubbornly try to place the blame on someone else. more proof: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/i-turned-he-didnt-boom-update.13018/
Heh. Even if you had gone forward (but stayed on your line) he would have still hit you! The same stubbornness that made him refuse to stop going forward was shown in court.
I had a vaguely similar thing happen to me yesterday. A guy thought he had the right to overtake me and cut in front of me where two lanes merge into one. He only backed down when a traffic island blocked his way. Some people's brain capacity can't see beyond what they want/need to do.

somewhat ironically, there's one simple phrase that solves almost EVERY problem for both racing drivers and normal street drivers:

LOOK AHEAD!

It's the first thing they tell you in race driving school and in defensive driving. if you can look beyond the end of your hood/bonnet, things suddenly get much easier and your driving gets better because you can actually see what's coming and take appropriate action before anything becomes a problem.

for autocross (the type of racing i do), you shouldn't be looking at the next cone, you should be looking several cones ahead because the one right in front of you is already too late to do anything about. go to 30:16 in this video of kart racing and you can see how i'm looking way past the current turn and setting up for the next one (and/or a pass).

and in street driving, don't look at the car in front of you - look about 10 cars ahead. you can see brake lights or turn signals coming on and start slowing down earlier, or maybe in the case of your recent moron, a MERGE AHEAD sign, along with a bunch of vehicles actually MERGING...

i know, i know... it's a crazy concept, but it works. too bad the morons will never change...

Yes there was a merge sign. But I was in a van and we had stopped at lights (he was behind me/to the right, in the black car) and some people think because they are in a faster vehicle they have an automatic right to overtake, even though they don't actually have the opportunity to accelerate faster or have a gap to go in to.

Warning - lots of swearing. Not my proudest moment, but he had absolutely no reason to expect me to back down to him, and I couldn't bring myself to do so.

The incident is after the lights. He had the cheek to honk at me for not letting him in front.

Last edited:
at first i thought you were referring to the silver hatch (vauxhall? whatever it is, it's not sold stateside) because of how he came up on your right at the light, well after the merge sign. either way, the lane seems like it could have easily been 2 lanes if it weren't for the bike lane - at least up to the bollard that finally stopped Mr. Ego...

Yes, it's a typical London street where they have "improved" it by stealing space from motorists and putting artificial obstacles in place. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't keep chopping and changing from 2 cars wide to 1 car wide and back again.
I had no argument with any of the other drivers. Was perfectly happy to let the silver car go ahead at the lights - somebody had to get the edge, and I don't go looking for stress when I can just take it easy.
But after that - the merge in turn principle takes over. Some merge signs specifically state this, but sadly most don't.

I would assume a car that have a high lift jack strapped to it, would be able to shrug off such a minor collision, but maybe the owner havent gotten around to installing those ARB fenders.

My friend had a simmilar thing going on not long ago, the car was parked curbside, but as soon af my friend got really close in his Dodge ramcharger the parked car suddenly tried to make a 180 deg turn, resulting in my friend T-bone the car.
The guy ( with same accent ) allso tried to hustle my friend, but that was the wrong guy to try that with, and so the guy left with dents in his side when my friend offred to call the cops.
Same day my friend phoned and said i will never ever again forget to put the little camera in my car. :D

Truth be told my friend is really good at finding these dumbasses.

Yes there was a merge sign. But I was in a van and we had stopped at lights (he was behind me/to the right, in the black car) and some people think because they are in a faster vehicle they have an automatic right to overtake, even though they don't actually have the opportunity to accelerate faster or have a gap to go in to.

Warning - lots of swearing. Not my proudest moment, but he had absolutely no reason to expect me to back down to him, and I couldn't bring myself to do so.

The incident is after the lights. He had the cheek to honk at me for not letting him in front.

I was in EXACTLY the same position. The guy had the cheek to follow me for miles, trying desperately to overtake me. At one point, I had to stop at a junction & he jumped out - so I jumped out as well. As soon as he saw the size of me, he got back in his car.
Of course, he phoned my boss to tell him how I forced him into oncoming traffic! He also said he was going to report me to the police.
Strange how he didn't wish to leave his details on the answering machine. Also strange how he didn't report the incident - but I kept all footage from that morning for ages.
I didn't post it to YT as I didn't get his reg, & unlike this clip, the car didn't even get far enough forward to make it onto my camera!

I was in EXACTLY the same position. The guy had the cheek to follow me for miles, trying desperately to overtake me. At one point, I had to stop at a junction & he jumped out - so I jumped out as well. As soon as he saw the size of me, he got back in his car.
Of course, he phoned my boss to tell him how I forced him into oncoming traffic! He also said he was going to report me to the police.
Strange how he didn't wish to leave his details on the answering machine. Also strange how he didn't report the incident - but I kept all footage from that morning for ages.
I didn't post it to YT as I didn't get his reg, & unlike this clip, the car didn't even get far enough forward to make it onto my camera!

You should've had rear cam installed :)

You should've had rear cam installed :)
Work's vehicle so not an easy task.
In any case, my boss could see that I'd left enough room for the car just ahead to pull in (and my headlights flash to let him know he was clear to pull in) so as far as he was concerned, the matter was closed. As he said, there is plenty of warning that his lane was expected to filter into my lane, I'd played my part by allowing the car in front of the idiot room to pull in, we can hardly be blamed for his stupidity - HE might expect a dirty great big bus to stop in a live lane to give HIM priority but the rest of the world doesn't concur.

All that said, I would dearly love to install a rear cam - I often see amusing & stupid stuff taking place behind me

Hello I was actually in the car when this happened ( I was the one laughing.) To prove it I can tell you where it happened and the events leading up to it.

So this is what happened. I was walking with a friend back from school where my dad picks us up. Then we were talking about 'how's school' and stuff like that, when I felt the car nudge forward. I looked behind me, and well, you saw what happened...
This took place in Melbourne, Australia but to be cyber safe I'll keep the exact location for myself.

I agree. But I wonder what the other people in the car were thinking? Maybe that they could get free insurance?

I agree. But I wonder what the other people in the car were thinking? Maybe that they could get free insurance?
it's called a scam. another variation is that people will reverse into you while sitting at a red light then they claim you rear-ended them. only a good witness (one not in either car) or a dashcam will save you in that case.

Back