Not able to get GPS data to show up in Dashcam Viewer software (question)

snacksthecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC (front), Mobius (rear)
I have GPS enabled in the camera settings and see the little green bars on the screen. When I load up the movie files into Dashcam Viewer, the player doesn't pick up any GPS data. I've not tried other players yet. Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

I'm uploading a raw .mov file now if anyone would be so kind as to take a look. I'll post a link once it's finished transferring.

once you upload a raw file we'll have a look

try another file as well, I recall there being some issue with Dashcam Viewer where the GPS info won't show if the first file in a group of files has no signal

are you using the Windows or Mac version of Dashcam Viewer?

Wow, don't I feel like a dummy! I only started plugging in the GPS a few days back, so when I load the whole card worth of video in Dashcam Viewer, I guess it's picking up the early files w/o GPS data like you mentioned. I tried loading just a single file and it's working beautifully now.

Does this failure to load GPS info when the first file has no GPS data also apply to Registrator Viewer? I also noted the same thing happened to my past 2 days of daily drive in Registrator Viewer.

I mount the GPS on passenger's side of dash. It is sitting at the edge of a speaker on the dash. I hope the speaker is not playing havoc to the GPS signal because last week I was able to get GPS signal on two days.

Speaker shouldn't have any effect, if you've had it unplugged at all make sure the GPS plug is fully inserted

...I recall there being some issue with Dashcam Viewer where the GPS info won't show if the first file in a group of files has no signal...
This is true. Even if the first file has GPS data it must be there at the very start of the recording. IOW, if the signal is picked up 45 seconds after recording starts no GPS data is recognized.

Speaker shouldn't have any effect, if you've had it unplugged at all make sure the GPS plug is fully inserted
Thanks jokiin, you are right again :D This afternoon I tried to push the GPS plug harder and it snapped into place in its socket, it is receiving GPS info again.

I just had a customer call me today saying GPS wasn't working. They also didn't plug it in deep enough. (*click*) problem solved :)

Back