Not sure if a dashcam exists for my requirements

nambi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm looking for a Dashcam with WIFI and GPS.

I want standard features of the cam but I'm looking for a cam that has GPS and will record / monitor my fleet when in use.

When the driver, drives the vehicle back to the company the wifi will connect to the office and download the logs / driving logs for vehicle tracking.

Does a camera like such exist?

Any information would be helpful thanks.

The DDpai M6+ has GPS built-in, includes trip tracking and has WiFi. If you create the same WiFi network (SSID and password) on all the cameras, you could download the tracking any time the vehicles were in the yard using the cellphone app. The logging is seven days worth of logs. The camera will accept a 128 GB microSD card, which allows about 24 hours of recording before it overwrites files.

I don't know of any dash cam that automatically connects to your WiFi network and downloads the logs.

Many cameras have wifi and gps but auto download feature is something that needs to work out.
There are few like Autobot that auto downloads certain clips to phone running the app.

I doubt a reliable solution that fulfils your requirement exists. The reliability of the wireless connection on most of the dashcams that offer WiFi connectivity is mediocre at best, as of now.

You're more interested in tracking where the driver was, and speed, than have dashcam capability?

Even the commercial tracking equipment is not so accurate. I'm a trucker in the US, and have suffered through 3 various systems. :)

The 'cam' capability for small fleets pops up as a question here, off and on. There's probably no simple way to use off the shelf consumer stuff that isn't tamper, and foolproof.
(If you are worried about your drivers speeding, screwing off, etc.)

It's possible to get 8-12 hours or more of video coverage via some simple dashcams, but dealing with the files is going to be a nightmare. I'd still attempt it. Camera coverage will cover your arse in some accidents, and answer some annoying questions, in others.

Hi @nambi
We have something very similar to your requirements but not the same.

Basically our camera (www.JooVuu-X.com) can connect to your home WiFi network. You can then use the PC program to view and download footage (including GPS etc).

Our GPS logs are built into the video files however and the WiFi would need to be turned on by the driver or yourself.

Cheers,

It is better to let the camera work under client mode, but most of Wi-Fi dash camera only support work in AP mode.

Thanks for all the replies I like the DDPai M6+ I think this one will do mostly what I need.

Back