Other use of rear view camera

Peter60

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Besides connecting to dashcam, what else can the rear view camera be used for?

20210308_071818.jpg

It has some infrared LEDs on it, you could use it as a photon drive to make your vehicle slightly faster...

Any usage you can think of, besides dumpping it, this is surplus camera.

@Peter60.

Many members here on DCT find side facing (and rear) cameras to be indispensable. Personally, I wouldn't be without one (two actually plus the rear), especially when parked.

Try perusing this THREAD

or perhaps THIS LINK and see some examples.

As for your particular spare camera, I don't know how well it might perform as a lateral facing camera but it would definately work.

Last edited:
As for your particular spare camera, I don't know how well it might perform as a lateral facing camera but it would definately work.
as it's a 'surplus camera' I suspect he has nothing to actually connect it to, they don't work standalone so I don't know that he can make use of it

as it's a 'surplus camera' I suspect he has nothing to actually connect it to, they don't work standalone so I don't know that he can make use of it
Yeah, I've been wondering about that since I saw the original post as he hasn't really made it very clear. I've been thinking perhaps it is an interior camera that he simply isn't interested in using for that purpose, hence the suggestion.

Back