Padwanjoe & JooVuu X Cam Beta Unit 2 and Production Unit

Padwanjoe

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Shadow GT680W; Mobius B Lens, JooVuu X, A119
Hi to all ! The video was recorded with the new beta X Cam unit with the Sep 25 FW. The video settings: 2560x1080, 29.97 fps and 15 Mbps. App set the bitrate at High (S.Fine). The other image settings are default ones. I think the colors are a little to strong when compared to the reality. Enjoy!

Here is the youtube.com link:

Here is the mega.co.nz link: mega.co.nz/#!RwFAWZYK!A2d4Nm8j…bNYHR4L8nN3S7k3yxqhLy9g04

I also let the camera recording for 8 hours last night using the above mentioned settings. In the morning the X cam was lukewarm and keeping it in hand created no discomfort.

All the best!

The beep you hear right after the underpass is GPS getting connection again after the tunnel.

Hi @kamkar1 and thanks for info. I know what it is but I choose not to display the speed on video. Friends know why ;).

Hi to all ! The video was recorded with the new beta X Cam unit with the Sep 25 FW. The video settings: 2560x1080, 29.97 fps and 15 Mbps. App set the bitrate at High (S.Fine). The other image settings are default ones. I think the colors are a little to strong when compared to the reality. Enjoy!

Here is the youtube.com link:

Here is the mega.co.nz link: mega.co.nz/#!RwFAWZYK!A2d4Nm8j…bNYHR4L8nN3S7k3yxqhLy9g04

I also let the camera recording for 8 hours last night using the above mentioned settings. In the morning the X cam was lukewarm and keeping it in hand created no discomfort.

All the best!
Nice video

@jokiin i dont think you can disable that GPS sound alone, but there is a disable beep in the APP that i assume will disable all sounds from the camera.

Same goes for the LED lights.

Hi. Yesterday my X Cam recorded a video right after a 3 cars accident. It appears that one car wanted to turn left on continuous line and was hit from behind and pushed in another car on the opposite lane. The video was recorded at Full HD @ 60fps and was edited.
Here is the youtube link:

Hi does anyone have any night footage they could post? Ideally from a minor road with normal street lights (not a motorway with very good lighting)

Most footage I have seen is from day footage.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks kamkar1

Oh decisions decisions! Are the issues you mention big? Is it ready to launch yet?

Thanks

The biggest issue relates to a 'bitrate' issue which I can't blame on anyone but myself sadly. Basically there was some miscommunication and they implemented 'variable' bitrates rather than static bitrates, this will be easy to fix in the next update.

@kamkar1 may disagree but from a modify perspective all of them are pretty easy. Our major problem is money haha.

Dan

Right now as the current APP and firmware work together it is not somthing i would put to marked, but this small issues come and go and have done so to a latge degree thruout the weeks of testing.
Some APPs and firmwares have been playing ball good, and some new firmwares have worked best with a older APP and vise versa.

But all this will be ironed out before release, i am sure if we hit a snag Dan will put off release if need be.
When customers get the X cam they should be able to use it 100% and set it up as they please.

The biggest issue relates to a 'bitrate' issue which I can't blame on anyone but myself sadly. Basically there was some miscommunication and they implemented 'variable' bitrates rather than static bitrates, this will be easy to fix in the next update.
That's a very quick fix with AFTool assuming it works with the X firmware - just load it up and go through the motions to get to the bitrate editor and just change the type flag from 3 to 1 which will change it from variable to constant :)

That's a very quick fix with AFTool assuming it works with the X firmware - just load it up and go through the motions to get to the bitrate editor and just change the type flag from 3 to 1 which will change it from variable to constant :)

@kamkar1 wanna give this ago?

I have been thinking about it, but for now i dont dare to mess about in there.

Really should leave it the engineer as it can impact recycling, could test the IQ though if that's important

Hi. I received my Production Unit of JooVuu X Cam two days ago. Thank you very much Dan @JooVuu!
The WiFi connection with my Samsung S6 Android 5.1.1 and JooVuu App 0.109 was mainly stable during the setting of the X Cam (it was only lost once when trying to switch from portrait to landscape in live preview).
Here are my findings:
- easy set the main settings and the video settings of Mode 1 and Mode 2;
- take pictures and start video recording from App Main Window and also from Live Preview;
- access the Gallery to play the recorded videos;
- although the date was : DD/MM/YYYY the files are saved on the MicroSD Card Kingston 32GB Class 10 as MM/DD. In the video the date is correctly embedded.
- there is no cracking noise in the first video recorded after starting the car engine;
- the leds are now bright and easily visible;
- the last recorded file is playable on PC;
- the GPS worked even is not attached to the windscreen.
Here is my latest underpass video sample taken this morning:

Back