Joovuu X cam footage

Best way to describe it is "CHAOS:eek:" I hate to drive in Denmark of the same reason, the only good thing is there got stick shift:cool:. There is a lot of police working on write ticket out:(, so the government can get the finances in balance. There are not coming any money in, by going for the real crime, you got you insurance:(:(.

Here in Australia we could never adapt to what you guys do.
Not a surprise, Was the most you people not "rebellion;)"

Last edited:
What is this madness...trailers and caravans left on the side of the street. Bollards out in the road. Cars parked in opposite directions on the same side of the road. Bicycles everywhere. Roads clearly marked. Most cars are four cylinder. You live in an awesome country @kamkar1 and seeing daily life there where you live is great. Here in Australia we could never adapt to what you guys do. I thoroughly enjoyed your video and the camera works well.
:)

As the sun set i make my way home from my little sisters house.

Camera record in 1080p/60 - S-fine IQ - bitrate 23600 kbps.
My sample can not do the 180 degree image flip, so in post this is flipped 180 degrees using Movie maker wich mean the file uploaded to youtube is just 1080p/30.

This clip is 35 minutes long for your enjoyment or torture if you like, i think the time of day is a valid one to test to see how cam handle transition to night when the sky in the footage is still bright.
And i think the xcam can be tweaked a little more in this regard.

Again great vision. I do think Joovuu X will be a winner. I envy your participation in testing. Unique perspective looking out from car as I found myself leaning in the chair to move car to Australian left hand side of the road. No torture watching as your country side there looks not unlike many parts of Australia.

Nice. Clip looks good even at speed. Look like camera is a contender.
Camera is very steady. Can you post a picture of how it's mounted in your car?
Without dash reflection, shots look so much better.

Last edited:
I was surprised by the quality of the footage and thought ...wow, great I might get one.

Then I clicked in and realised it was filmed with the camera mounted externally which increases quality far more than people realise and will give a mere gt680w arguably better footage than a panorama.

My external gt680 now has a 2mm piece of glass over the lens to make it watertight and the quality drops a lot just with that, but at least I get no reflection distortion of an internal mount.

having the camera external is great, if it can be suitably mounted, not always easy to come up with a practical solution

Since it was possible with this camera i thought it is best to have it on the outside, cuz as mentioned those pesky reflections in the windscreen do take avey from the footage making it harder to evaluate.

I allso have a daytime video of the same trip in the other directioon, but in post it became pretty pixelated ( blocking ) both on the road just in front of the car where a lot go on, but allso the bright blue sky.
Looking at the upside down raw footage the blocking is not there, or at least not as bad.

The suction cup holds fine on the dotted area inside on my windscreen, but same place in my sisters Ford focus the camera wont even hold on for 5 minutes.
Allso on the outside it hold on fine, i was a bit naughty yesterday and did 90 km/h on these 80 roads, and it seem like my DIY ducttape safty harness is not needed.
xroof.jpg

If some one could make a roof antenna with a camera in the base, my car would be ideal for that as you can see.

Last edited:
Since it was possible with this camera i thought it is best to have it on the outside, cuz as mentioned those pesky reflections in the windscreen do take avey from the footage making it harder to evaluate.

I allso have a daytime video of the same trip in the other directioon, but in post it became pretty pixelated ( blocking ) both on the road just in front of the car where a lot go on, but allso the bright blue sky.
Looking at the upside down raw footage the blocking is not there, or at least not as bad.

The suction cup holds fine on the dotted area inside on my windscreen, but same place in my sisters Ford focus the camera wont even hold on for 5 minutes.
Allso on the outside it hold on fine, i was a bit naughty yesterday and did 90 km/h on these 80 roads, and it seem like my DIY ducttape safty harness is not needed.
xroof.jpg

If some one could make a roof antenna with a camera in the base, my car would be ideal for that as you can see.
Nice job :)

I should allso mention the 6-7 hours between the 2 recordings was made, the camera just sat there on my windscreen baking in the sun.
Upon arrival to my sisters house i just took out the SD card to evaluate the footage on her laptop and to make sure i had somthing.
Due to the unique issues i have with my preproduction sample its hard for me to rely too much on the possibility of connecting camera and tablet via wifi, or at least make setting changes on the fly.

Here is some true 1080P/60 footage taken from inside my car using the DIY CPL filter for the daytime footage, and no CPL filter for the sunset and evening clips.

https://mega.nz/#!ihJCkATa!H2ou1STwDC_hlTCUVy-RMrNEzvCKnXbWXRIzOpNEMw4

Sunset footage in urban area
https://mega.nz/#!yhQECSTY!tBycGjJXJ8Q4S0cKvaDGUN7CmWtNO6AuQJmKlLS8j90

40 minutes later it have become darker in my home town which like most Danish towns are moderately lit at night.
https://mega.nz/#!XxpBWQAR!lNnMoeS0M0IOqhIl4xLbJFujXzDTY1Fn_Mwwlf1z8fE

Sorry about my banged up windscreen, i have been clawing at if for a fjew winters now.

The filter work good. Much improved from your first test. Night time light flare also look good.

One interesting point I noted from that video - that small white hatch was in front of you for the entire >1 minute, yet at not one instant I was able to see its number plate clearly. Too much reflection kills it :(

We're working on decreasing this via firmware but most likely this is because of where it is mounted which is probably down to us and the mounts we provided. We've just released a new updated firmware with improved IQ tweaks, dewarp increase and a few other bug fixes so this may help. The IQ will be improved drastically over the coming days/weeks so please watch all the footage with 'this is only beta footage' in your mind.

Cheers,

Dan

yeah licenceplates here are pretty reflective, this is a problem for all my cameras.
Allso the camera is highere on the outside mounts, but not much, around 5-6 inches i think.

@JooVuu When camera going on the marked, will it come CPL filter? I think the workout that Kamkar1 has done, show an improvement to the video quality in sun light.
I assume it will be possible to get an GPS, that work with the unit.

@JooVuu When camera going on the marked, will it come CPL filter? I think the workout that Kamkar1 has done, show an improvement to the video quality in sun light.
I assume it will be possible to get an GPS, that work with the unit.

We're working on three accessories at the moment. The CPL filter is the highest priority. We should have that at launch or shortly after launch and will be available as a cheap accessory.

Cheers,

Dan

Back