Joovuu X cam footage

@kamkar1 I just saw you car on the street. I can see it's not only X cam you testing;)
OlYallerIVCameraDrHerbie.jpg

well dont get too exited, seem like the camera dident wanted to keep the 1080p/45 setting i selected for it ( and i did a test recording to verify it took to the camera )
So my recording became 720p /25 FPS and 1 big file ( had 3 minute selected )

Anyway i will UL it anyway, was past the Drive thru to test microfone, and i have to alter my latest statement, it is not as sensetive as i hoped for.
But listen for yourself when i get to the drivethru, ordering was fine but when i get to the window to pay and get my stuff you can hardly hear the wery cute little girl there and i had my window all the way open.

Here is about 1.2 Gb video with the fuzzy microfone and all, bitrate is only 8000 kbps.

Am experiemnting with older APP as i upload / type.

I have no SG footage to compare, when i took out the 64 GC card of the SG8665GC yesterday the card was dead, i can see it for a while on comp, but when i try to go on it or format it it dissapear from my view.

3 time in a couple of months i have to rma one of my 2 64 Gb kingston cards :(:rolleyes:

Just been testing the 3 august APP, and it seem to work fine with all resolutions beside the 2 largest one, bitrate allso seem to be S-fine as largest res is 2100 kbps bitrate.

I just need to charge a little juice on my tablet, and then i am off to do a little proper night time in town footage for you guys.

EDIT: only MAX res and 1080p/60 is around 2100 kbps, so i will just test those 2 for you footage hungry guys tonight.

PS. dont expect your world to crumble, i think there is still gains to be made in regard to night time performance.

But we will get there i am sure, first we leran to crawl,, then we walk a little, and then we become older and jump intoo the nice sports car mom and daddy paied for,,,,,, okay maybe not that end of town yet :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, I enjoy it a lot . Much has changed in Randers, but I still recognize a lot. What happen to the automate on the corner 2:09. It's gone:(. I have been on all of the roads, you have been driving. 13:58 remind me about a old girlfriend:) Did you finish you burger before fished uploading the video. You have been fast.

O yeah it was only a 6 minute upload, and then X minutes for the google servers to convert to ther stuff.

High speed cable is goooooooood ( as Bruce say in Bruce the allmighty )

Now you know where i live, and at the ned you can even see my IP camera have gone into night mode and fired up the IR light :D

I could get 300/100 mbit here, but thats still too expensive to get.

3 time in a couple of months i have to rma one of my 2 64 Gb kingston cards :(:rolleyes:
Wow and there are people who only criticize Sandisk and promote Kingston :rolleyes:

I never had any problems with either, but suddenly my kingstons ( 64 Gb ) cards start acting up, the last one i RMAed whent into read only the 2 time i used it, only managed to get a handfull of Gb on it.

Thankfull i just get a new kingston card at the counter in the shop no questions asked, but that might change if this keep up.

EDIT: i have just recovered my 64Gb kingston card, and it have locked up much erlier in my drive that day so i think there might be a hickup in the beta FW, i better inform the maker of my camera.

Last edited:
Okay here we go with a little night time in town footage, please remember this footage from beta gear.

First we have the 2304 x 1294p / 30FPS -2118 kbps bitrate recording of me driving around in my home town, i am sorry for the dirty windscreen, when things have matured even more i will do new runs with the camera outside on the car.

RAW: https://mega.co.nz/#!b9Jl2T4S!x0ORSiiYniv7CHXQnP7YpFqUelGmhOWRC9yLQNzFBkk

And then the 1920 x 1080p / 60FPS - 2000 kbps recording.

RAW: https://mega.co.nz/#!S0IiUKrZ!JgL55niO5WnmzZm1w36K5rJFdwsGmn_mOlkir3pVwvQ

The files became a "hefty" 2 Gb on average as the 3 minute files i selected in settings dident take to the camera.

I dont think these bitrates are S-fine yet, but i will keep my aye out for this and uodate with new footage as needed.

I will try to get some daytime ( sunshine ) footage later in the day ( 4 AM now ), torn between using my CPL filter or put camera on outside of car.

OBS : Right now youtube is not done chewing on the 2304 x 1294p / 30FPS -2118 kbps footage so its just 1080p right now

Last edited:
Okay here we go with a little night time in town footage, please remember this footage from beta gear.

First we have the 2304 x 1294p / 30FPS -2118 kbps bitrate recording of me driving around in my home town, i am sorry for the dirty windscreen, when things have matured even more i will do new runs with the camera outside on the car.

RAW: https://mega.co.nz/#!b9Jl2T4S!x0ORSiiYniv7CHXQnP7YpFqUelGmhOWRC9yLQNzFBkk

And then the 1920 x 1080p / 60FPS - 2000 kbps recording.

RAW: https://mega.co.nz/#!S0IiUKrZ!JgL55niO5WnmzZm1w36K5rJFdwsGmn_mOlkir3pVwvQ

The files became a "hefty" 2 Gb on average as the 3 minute files i selected in settings dident take to the camera.

I dont think these bitrates are S-fine yet, but i will keep my aye out for this and uodate with new footage as needed.

I will try to get some daytime ( sunshine ) footage later in the day ( 4 AM now ), torn between using my CPL filter or put camera on outside of car.

OBS : Right now youtube is not done chewing on the 2304 x 1294p / 30FPS -2118 kbps footage so its just 1080p right now
Nice job :)

:eek::rolleyes::( Add 0 to the bitrate for +1 decimal :oops: seem like i was a little too fast, ot this is most exelent footage for a 2000kbps bitrate

Here is a little daytime in the 2304 x 1294p / 30FPS resolution, at this ammount of light the bitrate is around 14000 kbps, so i am pretty sure this is not S-fine setting, or the values in there just havent been set in stone yet.
I will try some static testing later with the 3 different IQ settings to see what is what.

PS. Here i am using my DIY CPL filter.

RAW: https://mega.co.nz/#!K0RkyCTJ!obJoqsxxREzwgNOtCYtJu-p7tyEN4RfkZY06Wa4euDY

RAW: https://mega.co.nz/#!y0BQwBjS!U4Fu__fxX97HysmfjRR4DvcB6niRi2c1ffhnS-5Mw3o

I did not get to do 1080p /60 as i upgraded FW today, and move up to latest APP, and that did not go down well with my sample.
I will have to experiment more on this tonight.

Okay boys.
Here is the bitrates as they stand today after my houres long session with the x cam and my tablet.
Do remember this is still beta stuff i am pounding on.

2560 x 1080p / 30 fps / S-fine 11353 kbps / Fine 11340 kbps / Normal 9061 kbps ( wierd low numbers compared to 2304 x 1296p / 30 fps )
2304 x 1296p / 30 fps / S-fine 21215 kbps / Fine 17618 kbps / Normal 14470 kbps
1920 x 1080p / 60 fps / S-fine 17615 kbps / Fine 15173 kbps / Normal 12822 kbps
1920 x 1080p / 45 fps / S-fine 9397 kbps / Fine 7914 kbps / Normal 6296 kbps ( low compared to 1080p / 60 fps )

1920 x 1080p / 30 fps - HDR / did not record, camera ramained on the previous setting ( 1980p / 45 fps )
settings & preview page clearly indicated camera set to 1080p / 30 - HDR. ( will test tomorrow if WDR beeing ON in settings made HDR not work )

1920 x 1080p / 30 fps / S-fine 11984 kbps / Fine 9853 kbps / Normal 10021 kbps ( Normal is strange maybe VBR in play )
1280 x 720p / 60 fps / S-fine 9086 kbps / Fine 7743 kbps / Normal 6414 kbps
1280 x 720p / 30 fps - camera did not want to record in 720p / 30 FPS, it recorded in the previous setting ( 720p / 60 fps )

Recorded static against a lit white wall, no changes between the different resolutions.

Hi. I updated the firmware to the 6 august version with no problem. Now, all resolution can be used and the bit rate has increased. I attached a media info file of a full HD video taken at 60 fps. Here is a sample video taken roughly in the same area as the first one:

Attachments

• FullHD - 60fps.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi. I updated the firmware to the 6 august version with no problem. Now, all resolution can be used and the bit rate has increased. I attached a media info file of a full HD video taken at 60 fps. Here is a sample video taken roughly in the same area as the first one:
Nice job

A fjew pictures grabbed from a drive today.
xpiger.jpg

Sgpiger.jpg

xkaner.jpg

Sgkaner.jpg

Both cameras on experimental firmware !

Sharp and clear vids, never seen better. I think I'm going to like this cam when it goes to retail :D

Phil

Judging by the looks you are driving a dad car, not a porsche or lamborghini:rolleyes:
Interesting differences between sample images, on some areas SG is better but in some areas X is better.

@kamkar1 are those screen shots with our current beta? or which version was it on

Current beta - we've started to really focus on the IQ now. Still not what we want in terms of quality but definitely moving in the right direction so gotta keep plugging a long.

Cheers,

Dan

Back