Pal NTSC Question

Teck

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,

when i choose Setting -> Frequency : PAL what will be the FPS in 1080P Mode?
The Setting doesn´t change to 1080P 50, it shows 1080p 60 on the OSD.

PAL and NTSC are analogue video specifications, the setting should only effect the analogue video output on the USB connector.

Since I do not have any analogue video equipment, I have never tested this feature.

If the sensor keeps running at 30/60 fps for the normal digital video then I'm not sure how it produces 50Hz PAL output. I guess that since PAL only actually has 25 full frames per second, the small amount of jitter from selecting the closest frame is not very noticeable? If that is the case then it would be best to use NTSC if you can for your analogue video to avoid any jitter, plus get a faster frame rate.

Hi,

when i choose Setting -> Frequency : PAL what will be the FPS in 1080P Mode?
The Setting doesn´t change to 1080P 50, it shows 1080p 60 on the OSD.
In Git2 fps really doesn't depend on selected TV mode. (In my Xiaomi in PAL mode I have 25/50fps, in NTSC - 30/60fps). To avoid flickering on LEDs etc. you have another option in menu where you can choose 50/60Hz frequency

We noticed this and checked with Novatek before, didn't get a satisfy answer, will check further in future.

I checked my files today.
Setting in git2: Frequency 50Hz TV Mode: PAL
OSD said: 1080P60
MediaInfo said:
BitRate/String : 27,9 Mbps
Width/String : 1 920 Pixel
Height/String : 1 080 Pixel
DisplayAspectRatio/String : 16:9
FrameRate_Mode/String : konstant
FrameRate/String : 60,000 FPS

He expected to have 50fps, which is a wrong expectation. Any fps is good for PAL or NTSC.

I remember that I had a camera which was recording at 50fps when I selected PAL even my intention was only to have PAL output for AV out. I don't want any record at 50fps because in actual digital era the fps can have any value no matter if PAL or NTSC. If I am in PAL land which is supposed to be 25fps this means I cannot watch a 120fps or 240fps video? Not!

The only connection today for PAL and NTSC should be only for analog video out, framerates should be not affected because is wrong.

enjoy,
Mtz

What are you trying to do?
For what is the setting Frequency 50Hz when the output file doese not have 1080P50Hz.
I think, when i switch the setting to 50Hz the camera should record in 1080P50Hz and NOT in 1080P60Hz.
I want to buy this camcorder Sony AX53.
The Hz changed when switch between PAL and NTSC.
Code:
Videoauflösung
XAVC S 4K: 3.840 x 2.160/30p (NTSC)/25p (PAL),
XAVC S HD: 1.920 x 1.080/60p (NTSC)/50p (PAL)
Why not change to 50Hz in gitup when i select 50Hz under frequency. That makes no sense!

that's 50Hz, that's a power rating, if your local electricity supply is 50Hz you set this to stop flicker in the video from mains powered incandescent lighting (LED lighting will still flicker as it runs at a higher frequency)

PAL/NTSC menu settings relate to standard definition analogue video output

frame rate (FPS) and frequency (Hz) are two different things

Reactions: Mtz
frame rate (FPS) and frequency (Hz) are two different things
Both are Impuls/Picture per second.
Now i understand the setting PAL and NTSC is only for analoge video output. Thats ok.

But how will the setting 50Hz frequenzy in setting menu in git2 affect the flicker reduce without change the FPS? I dont get it.
Every camcorder/handycam set the FPS to the value that have the power grid in that land (NTSC/Pal).
Use Pal in handycam: 1080P 50FPS
Use NTSC in handycam 1080P 60FPS
In my opinion, that is the way to reduce flickering from lightning. Maybe im wrong with that?

Sorry about my english. Have to take some lessons :p

the flicker setting is independent of the frame rate

the only reason I could see for wanting 1080p50 is for ease of editing if you are mixing it with other 25fps or 50fps source material and need to keep it the same

if being used standalone there is no benefit really

Again, i dont understand why a handycam change the FPS to a value that is the frequency of the power grid.

U got it jokiin, i want to edit my videos from my git2 (60FPS) with the videos from my AX53 (Pal50FPS).

Again, i dont understand why a handycam change the FPS to a value that is the frequency of the power grid.

it's a simpler way to do it

U got it jokiin, i want to edit my videos from my git2 (60FPS) with the videos from my AX53 (Pal50FPS).

the only real reason to use it

Why not set your AX53 to 60fps? (What it calls NTSC even though NTSC is an analogue specification, not digital.)

Why not set your AX53 to 60fps? (What it calls NTSC even though NTSC is an analogue specification, not digital.)

I would certainly suggest that going forward, for any existing footage he has that he still wants to make use of he'd need 50Hz but in the long run he's better off making the switch

I really want 1080p50Fps!
@gitup: is there a chance to get this in the next Firmware ?

Back