panaorama II and panorama IIS?? is there a difference?

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
just looking around at this thing researching it and I see both panaorama II and panorama IIS, is there a difference between the 2? I cant work it out, can someone tell me what the difference is??

just looking around at this thing researching it and I see both panaorama II and panorama IIS, is there a difference between the 2? I cant work it out, can someone tell me what the difference is??

The II is the original, the S is the new matt black housing with metal support ring for magnetic CPL option. (bottom line is II, S, have the same lens and camera hardware/sensor inside)
The S is sometimes called the 2S or IIS (just a marketing thing)

I just noticed a panorama G, now this is identical tot he panorama 2S but with inbuilt GPS, is that correct?? so if we wanted gps this would be the one to get??

G also has a new improved Smart Touch capacitive screen. (Feels like a smart phone). Older touch screen was touch impact. (Had to press in harder)

G also uses a standard T-peg mount instead of U-bracket bolt. The G mount has 360 degree ball/swivel action

so basically its the newest version? if I wanted to get a panorama I would get the G version?

With of the Panorama models more reliable for everyday use?
Also good under the Hot Sun and Cold weather plus good in Parking Mode.
Thx.

The new G is quite nice with friendly easier to use upgraded smart-touch capacitive screen. The new 360 swivel mount is easier to aim off to the side as you drive by scenes. Built in GPS means no long wires. It's also just as heat resistant as the S.

Last edited:
The new G is quite nice with friendly easier to use upgrade smart-touch capacitive screen. The new 360 swivel mount is easier to aim off to the side as you drive by scenes. Built in GPS means no long wires. It's also just as heat resistant as the S.

Thanks for reply.
I know that...)) But question is With one is more reliable. S or G?

360 swivel is good addition option but my camera will be on 3M mount aimed to the front only.
External GPS NOT a problem for me it's it's not blinking..)
At this point I need dashcam that just work 100% of the time problems free.

From what I know S have GPS bugs with time correction and GPS some time not receiving signal. Any LEDs or indicators on external GPS module, that will blink at will be visible at night?

Daylight savings is not a bug it's a missing menu feature. Good news is It's on the firmware enhancement roadmap. The work around is to simply offset time zone by one extra hour and correct time will be set. There is no LED on the new slim GPS module. Status is displayed on the screen. Green GPS icon means you have signal.

Cool thanks.
Video quality and sound S vs G is same, correct?

Last question how close is GPS on G to windshield vs S model with old mount?
Any pics G vs S mounted on windshield?
Regularly I'm hiding dashcam high behind a back mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
I've read this post already. ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back