Panorama 2S issue

ambientech

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 2s intermittently screws up saving a file. When I try to play it back it will be blank with no sound and much smaller file than it should be. I have it set to five minutes so when it does this I loose a full 5 minutes of recording. I am using this card https://www.amazon.com/gp/B009SK57ISI am running v1.12.06 18Mbps firmware. Would love to figure out a way to fix this issue, with my luck it will be the file I need and I will get screwed.

My 2s intermittently screws up saving a file. When I try to play it back it will be blank with no sound and much smaller file than it should be. I have it set to five minutes so when it does this I loose a full 5 minutes of recording. I am using this card https://www.amazon.com/gp/B009SK57ISI am running v1.12.06 18Mbps firmware. Would love to figure out a way to fix this issue, with my luck it will be the file I need and I will get screwed.

The new Panorama II, S, & G firmware added exFAT file system support for >32GB cards (64GB, 128GB, 256GB).
exFAT is fine for some cards, will error with others. The recommendation is to still manually format any card over 32GB to FAT32, if you experience any problems on exFAT
Follow this guide and you'll be good to go:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...32-format-formatter-tool-utility-how-to.3693/

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried formatting it to FAT32 and it still did it, maybe even more often. I switched back to exFAT using SDformatter from sdcard.org which from what I understand the best. The cam is in my work van and it is left on for a full 8 hours a day so the card gets fully overwritten every day. It is intermittent as in today it will do it but next three day's it won't. If it was a format issue I would think it would be pretty consistent.

Do you have a second SD card you can use as a test to confirm something isn't intermittently wrong? (test might not account for that)

All I have are 2gb cards and it would overwrite the screw up before I could check it. I have had bad sd cards but none acted like this. They consistently failed while this is erratic. I was planning on getting a larger card anyways so I will just order another. What 128-256gb cards are recommended ?

Ok good plan
Transcend, Lexar is good. There are limited choices on 128/256 though so you can try any that you find a good deal on really. Just make sure it's full size SD and not microSD with SD adapter.

Looks good if that's the best deal on transcend. Doesn't need to be the high speed version. Standard Class 10 is fine

What about PNY or Transcend and Lexar batter and safer?
Based on Customer reviews from Amazon some of the PNY sd cards are knock-off.
PNY 128GB Elite Performance 90MB/s SDXC Class 10 Flash memory Card (P-SDX128U1H-GE)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B008PO5CSI

Last edited:
I've had one other customer show me the PNY 128GB. Seems to be the current best bang for the buck if it's not a fake. I look forward to someone trying it out soon if we don't get to it first.

I've had one other customer show me the PNY 128GB. Seems to be the current best bang for the buck if it's not a fake. I look forward to someone trying it out soon if we don't get to it first.

do you know ( & can publish ) whom it was bought from?

I've read a ton of strange problems with Sandisk in Cams reading over DashCamTalk since early 2013. I would be cautious on Sandisk unless they got their act together finally.

i know my experience with sandisk. never had one fail on me in anything--i use sandisk in phones, DSLRs, full frame video cameras with zero issues. i dont expect to have any in this product.

today i recorded about 8 hours of straight video on the card and im playing it back now. i guess i will be the first to go on record on this forum and brag how amazing sandisk is... ;)

From my experience Sandisk is great for phones, tablets and ok for canon DSLRs, but when it comes to Dachcam not that great.
I have my share of problems Sandisk in DOD, Vico-tf2+, some times memory card just not found after hour of recording or day.
My understanding that Sandisk have weak spot for heat.
Now I use only Lexar or Transcend.

In addition my friend photographer also told me that he had recently lost files from two Sandisk cards during shooting on two different Canon DSLR's and now he is using Lexar or Transcend.

Back