Panorama II - CMOS vs Exmor

GTAA

Reaction score
Country
Canada
About to purchase the Panorama II, I see two different ones listed - one stating 'CMOS' the other 'Exmor'. In laymen's terms what is the difference, is the Exmor worth another $30?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/181249487120
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/190817325112
Edit: When shipped will there be anything that clearly marks a difference (on the sealed box and / or unit itself in case it's taken out of hte box for shipping?)

Last edited:
About to purchase the Panorama II, I see two different ones listed - one stating 'CMOS' the other 'Exmor'. In laymen's terms what is the difference, is the Exmor worth another $30?
The difference - in the absence of a memory card. Both Sony's Exmor
Car BlackBox PANORAMAII Full HD Sony Exmor 2.7" LCD English Russian Firmware 32GB = C $209.54
Car Black Box PANORAMAII Full HD Sony CMOS LCD English Russian + (No SD card) = C $237.26

both ads show the Panorama S rather than the Panorama II so best to clarify which model they have with the seller

@alexsoll Thanks, some of the searches I came up with were a little misleading, wasn't sure if there was a different lens / internals.
@jokiin I'll do a little searching, figure out what the differences are between the S and II, also which one they are offering.

@alexsoll Thanks, some of the searches I came up with were a little misleading, wasn't sure if there was a different lens / internals.
@jokiin I'll do a little searching, figure out what the differences are between the S and II, also which one they are offering.

little difference, from memory the S has the blue LED on the front which there is an option to turn off in the firmware and the II can use a CPL filter, other than that I believe they're the same, personally I'd want the Panorama II if it were me

Thanks I was reading the thread outlining the differences when I noticed your reply! Do you know offhand what systems their editing software supports (PC / Mac)? If no Mac support am I able to grab the raw .mp4 file right off of the sd card for editing in alternate software, or is it 'locked' into another format before extraction?

there's no editing software, just viewing software

you can manipulate the files in your favorite editor though, they're industry standard H.264 files, no issue there

Thanks I was reading the thread outlining the differences when I noticed your reply! Do you know offhand what systems their editing software supports (PC / Mac)? If no Mac support am I able to grab the raw .mp4 file right off of the sd card for editing in alternate software, or is it 'locked' into another format before extraction?
John, a forum member here, created a dashcam viewer software for mac. It now supports the G-sensor and GPS data from the Panorama II.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-viewer-for-mac-and-windows.4356/

Last edited by a moderator:
little difference, from memory the S has the blue LED on the front which there is an option to turn off in the firmware and the II can use a CPL filter, other than that I believe they're the same, personally I'd want the Panorama II if it were me

At the moment "shpkorea" sells Korean version of Panorama S where it has front blue LED ( can be turned off ) and wider lens surrounding. But unfort korean version dont have metal ring built in into wider lens surrounding shell, so it can not use Finevu CR-500HD CPL filter, as eBay listing says. Or buyer has to install himself that ring with double-sided tape.
Soon there will be out a western market edition of Panorama S with metal ring built in into lens surrounding shell that can accommodate Finevu CPL filter.

Back