Panorama II - time is 1 hour behind

fessa

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shows incorrect time - it's off by 1 hour. Timezone - New York. Not sure what triggers it - I set the time correctly - it worked for 1 day, then the time changed and now it's 1 hour behind. Firmware - 1.12.06 - but I had the same problem with the one of previous firmware versions as well.

The only "uncommon" thing I did today - formatted SD card as G-sensor sensitivity was too high and I had too many false alerts.

Is it a known issue? I remember such problem about a year ago, but it was reported as fixed...

is it summer time there, do you have a summertime offset? camera doesn't do this automatically, you need to set the timezone an hour off in this case

@Pier
May be it will be good idea do add time issue and fix to FAQ.

I think that it is best to separate or add optimal FAQ description for Panorama 2 / S and Panorama G for future use:

Agree but for S with GPS module only, ones without GPS work just fine.

Here's what I posted on the FAQ thread:

The current Panorama firmware doesn't have DayLight Savings Time correction. (1 hour offset)

Daylight Saving Time (United States) 2014 began at 2:00 AM on
Sunday, March 9
and ends at 2:00 AM on
Sunday, November 2

Between these dates all owners of the Panorama G or Panorama II, S with GPS attached should act accordingly.

If you live in California (Time Zone -08) Set your Time Zone to -07 instead.
If you live in New York (Time Zone -05) Set your Time Zone to -04 instead.

You can use normal time zone come November 2

This isn't needed in Asia of course.
DjnwhPf.png

thank you all for the replies.
I suspected DST to be the root cause, but as I failed to find this in the FAQ, decided it should be something else.

thank you all for the replies.
I suspected DST to be the root cause, but as I failed to find this in the FAQ, decided it should be something else.

I planned on adding this to the FAQ awhile back, thanks for the reminder to get the word out there! It's in my shipping FAQ I email out with orders

Okay. I updated the FAQ title and added in this information.
I'm only going by suggestions to add to the FAQ or "common" questions I see pop up.

I thought it was common knowledge that if the time is incorrect, you just alter your timezone +/- 1.

common knowledge and common sense don't always go hand in hand

My Vote is to dump day light savings time all together in the USA as a country, but apparently it saves "heaps" on electric bills. (like my Oz slang I threw in there?) ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back