Panorama Q's

ivanhoe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gentlemen and Ladies,

First of all I would like to thank all those who recommended the Panorama camera to me, it arrived yesterday and today was the first run, and in all honest it sees more than I do in low light, excellent recommendations guys, thanks.

I do have a couple of questions though, first of all is about attaching it to the car windscreen, I have noticed on both this and my elcheapo that using the suction cup quickly loses suction in the cold weather and as here in Oz we are coming into winter I was curious as to how others out there prevent their cameras from falling and getting smashed.

My second question is for Panorama owners, during the trials today the camera emitted three rapid beeps then after a pause another three rapid beeps and it did this about six times in a twenty minute trip, I have looked in the manual but failed to see anything about this "alarm".

Any thoughts anyone?????

Thanks again

Do you mount on dotted area behind rearview mirror or on clear glass of windscreen ?

Beeps are usually a g-sensor activated. Turn off or set to lowest.

Last edited:
Thanks for your rapid response and tip Niko, I usually have it mounted behind the rear view mirror on a "tinted" area...should I try on the bottom of the screen???

Thanks again

Thanks for your rapid response and tip Niko, I usually have it mounted behind the rear view mirror on a "tinted" area...should I try on the bottom of the screen???

Thanks again
U R welcome.

"Tinted area" ( from factory ) usually consist of dots ( sort of sunshade ), and its very hard to keep suction mount there. Try lowering it down to clear windshield area, or you may try my DIY:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...-wind-shield-by-using-cap-from-pringles.5198/

alternatively, if it came with a 3M tape mount, that will work well on the dotty area. It does on mine

+1 what Niko said, lower/remove G-Sensor setting & needs to be sucked to pure glass only. (no dotted/tinted area)

If it's a tight fit, There is a 3rd Party 360 Degree Ball Socket 3M/Suction combo mount available as well.
http://roadcam.ecrater.com/p/20173355/roadcam-rcpano2s360-suction-cup-3m
53ae3d6a21408_336922b.jpg

This 3rd party one has a slightly smaller base/diameter as well.
Here is a comparison photo
YAH8iypl.jpg

3M is the way to go long term unless you need to remove it often.

Last edited:
My second question is for Panorama owners, during the trials today the camera emitted three rapid beeps then after a pause another three rapid beeps and it did this about six times in a twenty minute trip, I have looked in the manual but failed to see anything about this "alarm".
Look back over your footage. If you see a lot of files in the "Event" folder, then as Niko said, it's the g-sensor registering a hard knock. The latest firmwares have adjusted the sensitivity a fair bit.
I've also heard three beeps when I start up the camera with no memory card. So again, just review your footage and make sure you don't have any gaps in your video which could be a fault with the memory card.

Suction cup being clean can help too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back