Panorama S FIRMWARE UPDATE Request Thread (Do Not Flash New 2015 S Units with OLD 2014 firmware!)

Hello you have the SGZC12SG (aka Panorama G before Street Guardian took over). This thread is for the Panorama S and is not compatible. I'll send you a PM (primate message).

So much sellers, so much buyers for Panorama S and still not one single video sample with new IMX322!!! Do you keep them for yourself? Do you want to surprise your buyers? Or the footage is so bad? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well than, what is the point for selling the Panoama S, an older camera, with external GPS (not so easy to instal as Panorama G) at the same price?
For example, i want the Panorama S for the night footage with that purple color (v1.12.03). With this firmware, Panorama S have better footage at night than Panorama G.
Is there anyone who sell the older Panorama S?

Well than, what is the point for selling the Panoama S, an older camera, with external GPS (not so easy to instal as Panorama G) at the same price?
For example, i want the Panorama S for the night footage with that purple color (v1.12.03). With this firmware, Panorama S have better footage at night than Panorama G.

if you have that purple tinge you always have it, you can achieve the same using VLC for playback and adjusting the gamma to expose detail

So much sellers, so much buyers for Panorama S and still not one single video sample with new IMX322!!! Do you keep them for yourself? Do you want to surprise your buyers? Or the footage is so bad? :)

There is no IQ difference between ALL Panorama series that uses IMX322 or IMX122 ( except some earlier FW with purple background colour at night ).

Below are videos from Panorama S, IMX322, FW 1.15.02

Night Raw / original videos you may download from HERE

Panorama S has few advantages over Panorama G series:

1. it is smaller in size and if comparing original accessories ( suction mounts ) S vs G, - the S has smaller "footprint", but of course G has more options of aftermarket mounts. For me personally I dont like most dashcams mounts, so I always do my own. But that is up to end user to decide which mount design he / she prefers.

2. If you dont want GPS data being embedded into video, then on Pano S you can pull out GPS antenna from the unit and there will be no GPS speed on the video recorded. On Panorama G you can not disable GPS speed, so the speed data will always be on video.

Panorama G has it's own advantages over S model, so there is a personal choice in which favour to go.

If you want Pano S with IMX122 where you can use any older FW ( incl 1.12.03 ), I have few left.

From IQ point of view, there is no difference.

Thank you for answers and video samples!
Hope i can buy an older one from you soon, before you sell them all, niko :) .

Thank you for answers and video samples!
Hope i can buy an older one from you soon, before you sell them all, niko :) .

I usually dont sell them, I mean I do not advertise them up for sale. I try to keep one pcs from each production as a "souvenir" or "family relic" ;)

Please send me PM with the latest firmware, bought my Panorama S from shpkorea on ebay in March 2014

that model is not supported, you'll need to contact shpkorea about it
Or maybe it is Panorama II. All I know I tried all the firmwares here and they worked perfectly. Currently I'm using v1.12.06 15 mbps.

Last edited:
Or maybe it is Panorama II. All I know I tried all the firmwares here and they worked perfectly. Currently I'm using v1.12.06 15 mbps.

Panorama 2 can not use a CPL filter. Panorama S has wider / bigger lens surrounding with metal ring where you can attach magnetic CPL filter.

Panorama 2 can not use a CPL filter. Panorama S has wider / bigger lens surrounding with metal ring where you can attach magnetic CPL filter.
As usual you were correct. I checked this morning and I have Panorama S with this s/n: SFH13511440 and bigger lens and also have CPL filter on it.
Can I use newest firmware v1.15.01 20141224 1430 (15Mbps) on this camera?

As usual you were correct. I checked this morning and I have Panorama S with this s/n: SFH13511440 and bigger lens and also have CPL filter on it.
Can I use newest firmware v1.15.01 20141224 1430 (15Mbps) on this camera?
In theory you can use.

- Prior 2013/2014 IMX122 based Panorama S/G units can use 2015 firmware though no problem.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...nits-with-old-2014-firmware.8566/#post-113967

But in practice it is hard to guarantee new FW upgrade will go smoothly if its from local Korean market stock ( it may go well or not ), at least I have not tried this and can not guarantee.

To avoid risk to brick your dashcam, best if you contact seller so he can provide a correct firmware for your model in regards to s/n and manufacturing date.

In theory you can use.

- Prior 2013/2014 IMX122 based Panorama S/G units can use 2015 firmware though no problem.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...nits-with-old-2014-firmware.8566/#post-113967

But in practice it is hard to guarantee new FW upgrade will go smoothly if its from local Korean market stock ( it may go well or not ), at least I have not tried this and can not guarantee.

To avoid risk to brick your dashcam, best if you contact seller so he can provide a correct firmware for your model in regards to s/n and manufacturing date.

Thanks again for your help.
I send an email to shpkorea and I'm waiting for an answer.
No matter what answer will be I would be glad if you can send me firmware because I'm willing to risk with it.
Brick it or not all the people will have some useful informations :)

In theory you can use.

I received answer from shpkorea and he confirmed me that I can update this firmware. Would you be so kind to send me firmware.

I received answer from shpkorea and he confirmed me that I can update this firmware. Would you be so kind to send me firmware.

what he should do if he goes to the trouble of confirming that is actually send you the firmware

what he should do if he goes to the trouble of confirming that is actually send you the firmware
of what trouble we are talking about. camera is out of warranty, camera is mine, im willing to risk with it. he doesnt have anything with me. he was just nice to check and confirm that my camera is made before dec 2014 (bought it in may 2014.)
my final question is will someone send me firmware or not. if not i would like to know why.

Back