Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.01 (memory manage fix = Stability improved) Rear 12Mbs/15Mbs Obeyed

I've FINALLY got my X2 hardwired in for parking mode and it seems to work great!

Can I suggest a couple of additions in a future update?
1) when it changes from parking to normal recording, can the car logo change to a red recording dot? I have a right hand drive car and can just see the left hand side of the screen poking out from behind my rear view mirror and it would be useful to know that it's recording at a glance. Perhaps have a toggle for right/left hand drivers to change the location of these icons?
2) a fast forward and rewind button on the playback screen? Somebody wanted to view some of my footage in the car and I had to wait for the very end of a 2 min clip to see the thing I wanted to view

1) I'll add it to the list, but SM won't have innovation development cycles for awhile. His other engineer will continue bug squashing though.
2) Another good suggestion

A work around could be to get a microSD card reader with OTB connection. (if you have an adroid device) They also sell small boxes you can pop memory cards into and access all files via iOS/Android mobile app.

I have a USB OTG setup I keep in my centre armrest but I was in a bit of a hurry and we wanted to view both the front and back footage.... Its fiddly trying to get both cards out and then mounting and unmounting them etc

1.02.02 Beta just arrived to fix the Beep On/Off settings to Obey.
We'll test it a few days and post once we confirm it's ready for public.
(minor change/update so we can fast track this one)
pnG1Mxtm.jpg

What voltage setting should I use for parking mode? I have it set to off at the moment, but my auto electrician said I don't need to worry as it's a brand new car and the battery should be able to handle it. @reverend, you're probably best suited to answer this one as you live not too far from me I believe

12.4v is the recommended setting. See post on page one of this topic

I confirmed 11.8 voltage will cause problems. Only use 12.4 at this time. It will cut closer to 12.1 after the loss.

What voltage setting should I use for parking mode? I have it set to off at the moment, but my auto electrician said I don't need to worry as it's a brand new car and the battery should be able to handle it. @reverend, you're probably best suited to answer this one as you live not too far from me I believe
I've got to admit I've been using 12.1V mate but as they're saying it could be causing the random lockups I'm going to up it to 12.4V while Sungmoon fixes the code :)

To be honest at the 12.1V setting you can tell the car battery is lower as things like the leaving home headlights function stops working when the threshold has been breached. The car has always started - the one time I had a problem was when I had the function set to the lowest setting and I really did struggle to start the car.

I'm running a Yuasa Silver car battery which I got new from Halfords probably within the last six months - maybe a bit longer than that but I can't remember exactly now.

Strange issues today. Started with getting in the car, checked screen operation, and everything fine. 5 mins into journey screen was blank with no response. Turned off ignition, still nothing. Restarted engine, camera started up.

Later noticed the rear camera not recording parking. Normal operation ok and front camera ok but rear parking was a no go.

I also tried turning off the beep. It said off but still beeped.

Repowered, re-formatted but no change. Will try redoing firmware update.

Here are my own personal recommended defaults:
(your needs may vary)

X2 Defaults:

>>Parking Mode
G-Sensor - High
Parking Movie Quality Brightness & Bitrate - HIGH for all
Parking Time - OFF
Motion Det - Middle
Power - 12.4
Rear - ON

>>BEEP - ON

>>>Menu
Record Minute - 2 Minute
Driving G-Sensor - Low
Driving Movie Quality Brightness & Bitrate - HIGH for all

>>>>Setup
Language - English
Time Zone - (-08)
LCD Standby - 30 Sec
LED Setup - Off
Speaker - Middle

I get the message "not found firmware in rear card" I've swapped the cards (F&R) and get the same message.

I get the message "not found firmware in rear card" I've swapped the cards (F&R) and get the same message.

This rarely happens now and again, @reverend just over came that a few versions ago last year. I had 1 other customer it happened to as well. The fix was to unplug power, plug back in, format cards in the X2, eject, copy files to cards, update. If it still fails keep unplugging power, and quickly try again.

OK, neat trick, thats fixed it, back up now with the latest version, thank you.
Its still not recording parking on the rear camera though. The rear camera setting is on in parking mode

Be sure to format the cards again in the X2 after the firmware update. What make/model/size cards are you using? (both identical?)

You just received your X2, was rear recording as expected at first? (in both driving and parking mode) I'm not aware of your particular problem. Try re-seating both cables. Since flashing the firmware twice in a row fixed the mute bug, you can try that as well.

Ok done all that, still no joy, but I can reproduce this in realtime.
If i sit in the car in parking mode and wobble, it sets off the shock sensor and records and the count increases by one. If I change to the rear camera view, the record section is still green and the count is still zero. I can't get the sensor to activate while looking at the rear camera at all. As soon as I change back to front, it works.
When I check the cards, still nothing in parking files for the rear.

That's a new one I'll have to ask the developers. Did rear work the first day you received it? Did you use my recommended default settings above? Does rear record while driving Normal?

Yes it has worked. Yes it works in normal record and on events. I tried it at factory settings in Korean and in English, then with my settings and with my settings but default memory allocation. I didn't try it with all your settings listed above.

Yes it has worked
I'm doubting myself now. Normal definitely has and I remember checking movement sensor, but I can't recall a definite shock only rear record while parked.

Movement parking mode still tests ok but I have that turned off.

Last edited:
Okay so going from 1.01.09 > 1.02.02 and the firmware stalls at the end. Disconnect power and power back on and it's still running the old firmware. Tried it again and nothing. Any ideas?

Also don't try doing firmware updates using a mac, it never works. I think the X2 is looking for .ELF in capitals which make defaults to lowercase.

Back