Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.01 (memory manage fix = Stability improved) Rear 12Mbs/15Mbs Obeyed

Interesting. I wonder, is anyone else able to replicate my rear parking mode issue?
Movement off
Shock on
No rear record or file storage in parking mode, but fine for front camera.

Jon confirmed earlier it was a bug, I think.

I just tested like yours and I can confirm it happens to mine as well.

I normally have motion set to on. It's best to have both "on" unless you have a very good reason not to have one or the other. Having motion "on" acts like a back up to record if case your vehicle is hit in either front/back and if for some reason the Gsensor doesn't pick up.

I think I have the same issue as @NZDashcam as well. Just want to confirm that if one camera detects motion then both cameras will record what they see?

Another question about the battery cutoff..... How long should it take the battery to get back up to where it should be if it's triggered the cutoff? I'm just sitting in my car checking out some settings and footage and after about a minute of being in parking mode it shuts off. I'm only driven about a mile each way to and from somewhere this morning

Beta 1.02.03 was just sent to me.

We are testing internally and will release after the usual power user private forum team helps confirm all is well. (so stand by)

-Rear Parking mode camera recording fixed
-Driving/Parking transition stability improved

VON3X4Sl.jpg

If you want to help beta test early send me a PM, but as usual we prefer to quality it before posting the public link for general use.

Another question about the battery cutoff..... How long should it take the battery to get back up to where it should be if it's triggered the cutoff? I'm just sitting in my car checking out some settings and footage and after about a minute of being in parking mode it shuts off. I'm only driven about a mile each way to and from somewhere this morning

The camera has no battery which explains the quick shut down.

Beta 1.02.03 was just sent to me and as usual, we prefer the quality before posting to the public with the link for general use.

I just had to edit that.........Cudos to all involved.

Maybe we released 1.02.02 too early. Can you try going to 1.02.01?

Sorry haven't had a chance! Maybe I'll wait for .03

Perhaps mention the whole .elf vs .ELF issue to SungMoon? Otherwise Mac users are going to continuously have troubles trying to upgrade the FW.

Had this issue earlier while viewing a parking video. The amount played increments, but the time remaining stays at 1 second. Not a major bug, I know, but it's there nonetheless

52b40fd91cd1af8eeec9cdebd28f24d3.jpg

52fb10b62622a974be39544185dfa551.jpg

Strange issues today. Started with getting in the car, checked screen operation, and everything fine. 5 mins into journey screen was blank with no response. Turned off ignition, still nothing. Restarted engine, camera started up.

Later noticed the rear camera not recording parking. Normal operation ok and front camera ok but rear parking was a no go.

I also tried turning off the beep. It said off but still beeped.

Repowered, re-formatted but no change. Will try redoing firmware update.

I ran into this issue this morning after updating to 1.02.02 firmware. As you said, everything was working fine until about 5-10 minutes into the journey. When I tapped the screen it was unresponsive and I had to power cycle it. Could not reproduce it on my drive back home from work.

Sorry haven't had a chance! Maybe I'll wait for .03

Perhaps mention the whole .elf vs .ELF issue to SungMoon? Otherwise Mac users are going to continuously have troubles trying to upgrade the FW.
I've not come across this problem and I use a MAC. All my files remain in CAPITALS

Beta 1.02.03 was just sent to me.

We are testing internally and will release after the usual power user private forum team helps confirm all is well. (so stand by)

-Rear Parking mode camera recording fixed
-Driving/Parking transition stability improved

VON3X4Sl.jpg

If you want to help beta test early send me a PM, but as usual we prefer to quality it before posting the public link for general use.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...mera-recording-fixed-stability-improved.9612/

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange issues today. Started with getting in the car, checked screen operation, and everything fine. 5 mins into journey screen was blank with no response. Turned off ignition, still nothing. Restarted engine, camera started up.
Unfortunately I got this again today, this time on 1.2.3

See if you can experiment with different settings. If you're confident your battery is strong enough, Turn low voltage monitoring Power setting off, and then use Timer set to 24 hours instead. (just as a test for a few days)

Back