Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

That's a brand we don't have over here but I think Sungmoon recommended those to @AlvinDj - all he can do is put the pressure on SM for a fix in that case!

I've noticed stability is definitely better for me on FAT32 for sure - the combination of 1.02.05 and the 64GB Lexar cards formatted as FAT32 is working well for me.

What does the X2 format internally, FAT32 or ExFAT?

Up to 32Gb cards will be formatted into Fat32. 64Gb and above will format into exFat.

From more and more posts, currently FAT32 is the recommended filesystem for all capacities but the X2 formats ExFAT for 64GB and larger. It is recommended to format the cards periodically and I rather use the X2 to perform the function because majority of the time I don't need to save any files and don't require pulling the cards.

SM either needs to make the ExFAT filesystem as stable as FAT32 for larger cards because the X2 formats ExFAT for larger cards or the X2 should be changed to FAT32 internally formatting for all capacities.

Back