Panorama X2 GPS

NZDashcam

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Dash Cam
Panorama X2, MiVue388
I have my GPS unit on the X2 stuck to my window. Its the correct way up, I put a small section of sticky pad onto the top side. But I'm still getting accuracy issues with speed and map overlays. The latter has me just north of the road I'm on. Speed wise its about 10kmh out.

Any suggestions?
My speedo on the car matched the speed sign.
Speed sign v GPS

C360_2015-02-10-20-37-08-337.jpg C360_2015-02-10-20-36-31-489.jpg

There are two GPS loggers now. Which one do you have? The new larger antenna enhanced GPS loggers arrived in the last week or so.

Cable is much longer so you can reach the dashboard down the A pillar and GPS antenna logo should face the sky now on the new one.
You can also stick against the window if you flip it upside down and move the sticky pad to the other logo side as an option. Antenna is bigger (a good thing)
rdr59vNl.jpg

I will update the product photos and information on all my sales channel product pages soon. (still shows the original one)

Last edited:
I just noticed the photo you have the last of the original loggers, try flipping it the other way around. Don't have it in the dotted tint area that can block the signal

I have the one on the left, but my unit only arrived last week, so must have just missed it. The short cable prevented a dash fitting in the SUV.
Which end is the antenna so I avoid putting a stick pad over it?

I'm wondering if it's placement - I had some random issues with that same unit and currently I'm testing it just tucked under the sunvisor and it's been much better.

Mine was also behind the black dots when I had issues with lag etc and drop outs - so far it's been much better just sat in the visor!

Sweet, I'll move the sensor over and see if that improves, although I'm tempted to get the new sensor.

Also at the beginning of the video you can hear vibration. I've checked this tonight and it seems that its on the unit itself but I can't locate it specifically. The bracket is secure and tight, but I can replicate it if I tap the bottom of the camera. The camera is not against anything. Does anyone else have this? It disappears on very smooth road surfaces - again you can see on the video. Any suggestions or experience may be helpful to help resolve.

Yeah mine is now tucked away in the drivers sun visor so it's over a foot away, seems much happier. I might have to pick up one of the newer style ones as I can hide that under the dash mat :)

As for that rattle noise I had the same - turned out it was something to do with the mount not sat exactly right - seems that one click of movement each way isn't quite right and it needs two to fully sit right - you should be able to tell from the angle.

Once it's sat properly flush make sure to really tighten the lock - it's much easier if you drop the cables out and then hold onto the other side while you spin the nut - the problem seems to have gone away since I've done that :)

seems that one click of movement each way isn't quite right and it needs two to fully sit right - you should be able to tell from the angle.
Are you able to expand on that a bit more rev? I don't have any movement with the bracket clicking as the nut is really tight. Or are you saying that I may not have it square?

It may be it's not really sitting square - it's hard to explain but it seems that the best angle I could find for mine resulted in it sitting slightly off, when I undid it to the point where it would move it seemed to sit higher on the right than flush.

Another thing to check is make sure those four screws holding the adjustment in are really right as they could be rattling too - mine was fastened up when it arrived and it was slightly loose.

Fingers crossed those two things should sort it. It's strange but it was a really constant rattling noise i had.

There does seem to be quite a few questions raised on the GPS Logger and its location. Given that my 'built in OE sat nav/ICE unit' has its GPS device fixed to the underside of the dash so is 'looking up' but covered by the dash and works perfectly well why cant the DC - GPS Loggers be hidden in the same way? (always assuming the cable is long enough)

Hiding them under the dash is no issue, I'd encourage that if the vehicle is suitable, just don't put it in close proximity to the camera itself, they come with a decent length of cable for good reason

Hiding them under the dash is no issue, I'd encourage that if the vehicle is suitable, just don't put it in close proximity to the camera itself, they come with a decent length of cable for good reason

Okay that makes sense but does that mean those camera's with a built-in GPS device are not as effective at location and accuracy?

Okay that makes sense but does that mean those camera's with a built-in GPS device are not as effective at location and accuracy?

external GPS does work better than internal, what hardware that's used has a lot of influence over how well the end result is though, some components are particularly noisy

Hey Guys... Can anyone explain to me why GPS takes so long to lock onto a signal when powering up ( cold boot ) ?
ATM it takes 5 -6 minutes to get a lock... Not good enough.

I have my antenna, in both cars, mounted top of windscreen facing the sky, away from any other electronic devices.
There are no metallic strips on the windscreens... nothing to interfere with them..

Yet, in both cars, it takes 5 -6 minutes to get a lock..

Is this normal behaviour ? If it is, it NEEDS to be addressed. I am doing 110kph on the freeway withing 1 minute of leaving home in the morning. Leaves 4 minutes to have an accident.

Note: this is from cold boot only.

Do you have the original small rectangle, short cord GPS (printed made in Korea) or the newly released square shaped, longer cord GPS? The new larger one has better gain and I've had customers report it's better.

I have my antenna, in both cars, mounted top of windscreen facing the sky, .

How you determine "facing sky" ? Do you have a slim-line GPS antenna with shorter cable or with "thicker GPS module" and longer cable ?

Man your quick... lol

I have the newer type with the long leads...

Cheers

Do you have the original small rectangle, short cord GPS (printed made in Korea) or the newly released square shaped, longer cord GPS? The new larger one has better gain and I've had customers report it's better.

:) you read my mind 100%.

Back