Panorama X2 GPS

I'll keep thinking, but shouldn't the GPS already be powered up from being in Parking Mode? It sounds like you have your X2 completely shut down while away.

Thanks for the link Niko.. My module is mounted EXACTLY as per 3rd image down from that link.
I have tried facing it the other way but same result... in both cars.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll keep thinking, but shouldn't the GPS already be powered up from being in Parking Mode? It sounds like you have your X2 completely shut down while away.

As per my original post, this only happens from cold boot (shutdown)... not parking mode.

Do you have any other GPS dashcam devices to see how fast they lock as a test? (or did you have anything before the X2) This will help judge and rule out if you have another interference going on. When testing make sure the X2 is powered off so the CMOS doesn't cause interference and skew the results.

As per my original post, this only happens from cold boot (shutdown)... not parking mode.

So, after 5min cold boot you turn off car engine ( X2 goes into parking mode ), then after few minutes you start a car engine and gps lock immediately, right ?

Do you have any other GPS dashcam devices to see how fast they lock as a test? (or did you have anything before the X2) This will help judge and rule out if you have another interference going on. When testing make sure the X2 is powered off so the CMOS doesn't cause interference and skew the results.

I use to have a Cammsys CL-100B prior to this and it locked onto GPS well within 1 minute...
Same cars... same mounting locations.

So, after 5min cold boot you turn off car engine ( X2 goes into parking mode ), then after few minutes you start a car engine and gps lock immediately, right ?

Thats correct... Problem only from cold boot... from Parking mode GPS locks on almost instantly. Once locked on, it stays locked.

Last edited:
I use to have a Cammsys CL-100B prior to this and it locked onto GPS well within 1 minute...

Thats correct... Problem only from cold boot... from Parking mode GPS locks on almost instantly.

Maybe an button-battery inside GPS mouse is getting weaker and after overnight parking its drained empty, thats why it takes 5min from cold start to recharge and then lock GPS signal.
I might be wrong, not sure how particular GPS mouse exactly works on more deeper technical level. Just my thought.

Both devices are brand new... only had them a few weeks and has been behaving this way since day 1.

no probs..

have done more testing myself:

- From cold boot and not driving ( staying stationary) GPS never locks on
- From cold boot and start driving , GPS locks on after about 5 - 6 minutes
- From parking mode GPS locks on instantly
- From losing GPS signal if going thru a tunnel, recovery is about 15 seconds when coming out the other end of tunnel.

cheers

no probs..

- From losing GPS signal if going thru a tunnel, recovery is about 15 seconds when coming out the other end of tunnel.

cheers

I tested a bit indoor by the window. Cold lock was < 4m, Warm lock was <30 sec (both old original slim GPS, and new larger GPS)
Niko just tested his, and has faster results.
I'll have an X2 with me next time I drive to San Francisco through the tunnel.

no probs..

cheers

what sort of vehicle do you have, make and model?

I am running one cam in a Toyota Hilux, and the other in Holden Commodore VE .

The last few days i have tested again, with the GPS antenna facing the other way sitting on the dash.
GPS signal is picked up much faster now, usually 30-50 seconds from cold boot. From tunnel exit or parking mode is pretty much instantly.

Now, i have found another interesting issue... I am noticing speed spikes when i know for certain my speed was steady at the time. I am seeing going from 70kph down to 50 kph and up to 90 kph in a matter of seconds for no obvious reason.

Note, i am currently running 1.02.05 BETA.

Compare registratorviewer and dashcamviewer to see if spikes are shown in both. What about the hard coded speed number value in the video?

Back