PAPAGO GoSafe 350 1080P suddenly thinks it is connected by a data cable

• Thread starter Deleted member 85187
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 85187

My dash camera has been connected for years and worked perfectly. However, it stopped working last week and went into data transfer mode. It has a USB cable plugged into a USB/Cigarette lighter plug. At first I though the Dash camera had failed, but I plugged it with a short two foot cable and it worked, so I assumed it was the cable and bought a new one that is 11 1/2 feet long. It worked, but it was about 3 feet to short. I ordered a longer cable and now it is back into data mode. The cable is a charge only cable, and I also put on a dongle to change a data cable to a charge only cable. I also used a different USB/Cigarette lighter plug. Neither connection works, so it appears to be either a cable length issue, or the Dash camera has actually failed, or some sort of issue with the cigarette lighter socket. It's very bizarre. Any advice about what might be wrong? Has anyone else had this happen? If you think it is time to buy another Dash camera, I'll likely be looking for advice here shortly.
Thanks for any assistance you may have. Robert

Back