Parking Battery-Power Station, 3X capacity and 3X cheaper than dedicated options + extra functionality

Not a good idea, it takes about 1 hr for the River2 to charge from 0 to 100% using AC input, that is about 300W or even 360W as shown on attached image.

because it will discharge your car battery very quickly

but in the APP, you can limit on how much you want to charge it by i think (my device isn't connected to WIFI so i cant check)
so limit it to 150W and you'll be fine

because it will discharge your car battery very quickly

but in the APP, you can limit on how much you want to charge it by i think (my device isn't connected to WIFI so i cant check)
so limit it to 150W and you'll be fine
The dash cam batteries including power stations should never be charged from the car battery.
PS should be powered from ACC triggered source only, when the car engine is running and alternator provides the power, so it will never discharge the car battery.

If AC input can be adjusted in the App, (I guess you can select different input current) then you can try to charge from AC outlet.
I would start at the lowest setting, and gradually increase it. In any case, I would limit the charging to 100-120W out of outlet to have some margin.

Make sure AC outlet turns off, with engine off.
In my jeep it does, and also requires manual pressing the button to turn it on.

Thank you. I see you have some video demonstrations in this thread. Do you have a start to finish video tutorial with one of the battery packs? Want to show my dad, more of a visual person. Showed him this thread and he was like let me know when you finish reading all the pages and we can figure out the best route lol. I will continue reading for now. I was checking youtube but could not seem to find any such videos. Most are with the external battery packs from the major brands and the powercell.
All the videos I made are in this thread and two other threads for the LTO/LFP (DIY) batteries.
These are unedited, amateur videos, and also unlisted hence they are not searchable on YouTube.

Thanks. And yes, the ac outlet is only powered with ignition. I think I will just start simple and go from there. Currently I can get the black vue DR970X-2CH Plus at a good price from a friend that is changing to the thinkware u3000. If I understand correctly, the dash cam would be powered by usb and not the 12v port on the river 2? Is that because that port does not auto turn on if the battery is completely depleted on ignition? Any recommended cable for this black vue? I need it mainly for the parking mode.

EcoFlow River2 Bluetooth range is about 40-50 feet, maybe a bit more. I can reach the battery sitting in the car in the driveway from the living room couch in my house.

I would, however, discourage you from using the EcoFlow charging cord at charge rates that will exceed 100w. EcoFlow's car charging mode allows you to choose 4, 6, or 8A charge rates. 8A*13v = 104w of draw. This is fine. As you get to 135w, you're flirting with melting the end of the charging cord that plugs into the 12v utility outlet as I did. It is unclear whether this was beyond the charge rate of the cable, or whether the plug was not 100% inserted into the 12v utility outlet, but it melted for sure. I would not encourage solar charging mode if it's going to draw more than 100w.

Similarly, AC charging mode wants to draw over 300w. I would urge some caution here as well if using a car outlet. Be sure to check it's maximum rating before using in this manner.

Thanks. And yes, the ac outlet is only powered with ignition. I think I will just start simple and go from there. Currently I can get the black vue DR970X-2CH Plus at a good price from a friend that is changing to the thinkware u3000. If I understand correctly, the dash cam would be powered by usb and not the 12v port on the river 2? Is that because that port does not auto turn on if the battery is completely depleted on ignition? Any recommended cable for this black vue? I need it mainly for the parking mode.
EcoFlows 12VDC port has a physical button and will not automatically activate with ignition, unless you press the button or turn it on in a App, which is inconvenient.
Therefore, use either USB-C or USB-A port with USB-C to 12V or USB-A to 12V cable + original BlackVue hardwire cable to power the dashcam.
I am not familiar with the BlackVue, but the wiring principle should be similar to Viofo.
Check the details on wiring diagram and USB to 12V cables in the following thread:

I just plug the 970x straight into the cig lighter socket on my river 2

I just plug the 970x straight into the cig lighter socket on my river 2
Based on my research and the replies from others, that is not an issue. Its only if the river runs dry it will not automatically power up that port when a charge is applied. Not a huge deal if its in your hand reach but if its hidden in the trunk then its a tiny bit more effort. I may just have enough space under the center console for the new river 3 . Have to do some measurements to verify but the river 2 is definitely a better buy with the sale and warranty etc.

EcoFlow River2 Bluetooth range is about 40-50 feet, maybe a bit more. I can reach the battery sitting in the car in the driveway from the living room couch in my house.

I would, however, discourage you from using the EcoFlow charging cord at charge rates that will exceed 100w. EcoFlow's car charging mode allows you to choose 4, 6, or 8A charge rates. 8A*13v = 104w of draw. This is fine. As you get to 135w, you're flirting with melting the end of the charging cord that plugs into the 12v utility outlet as I did. It is unclear whether this was beyond the charge rate of the cable, or whether the plug was not 100% inserted into the 12v utility outlet, but it melted for sure. I would not encourage solar charging mode if it's going to draw more than 100w.

Similarly, AC charging mode wants to draw over 300w. I would urge some caution here as well if using a car outlet. Be sure to check it's maximum rating before using in this manner.

Yeah , I've switched to car mode as the solar mode runs HOT

Based on my research and the replies from others, that is not an issue. Its only if the river runs dry it will not automatically power up that port when a charge is applied. Not a huge deal if its in your hand reach but if its hidden in the trunk then its a tiny bit more effort. I may just have enough space under the center console for the new river 3 . Have to do some measurements to verify but the river 2 is definitely a better buy with the sale and warranty etc.
That was the case when I tested Necesspow PS, but it is not the case for the River2.
According to @Vortex Radar, the River 2 actually will auto power USB ports and provide power to dashcam in a 1 min or so, from the dead battery once the ignition is ON.
See the link to post.
I think 1 min delay is OK for a completely dead Battery, which doesn't happen very often.

That was the case when I tested Necesspow PS, but it is not the case for the River2.
According to @Vortex Radar, the River 2 actually will auto power USB ports and provide power to dashcam in a 1 min or so, from the dead battery once the ignition is ON.
See the link to post.
I think 1 min delay is OK for a completely dead Battery, which doesn't happen very often.

I think Stephen means the cig port that won't automatically restart as there's a button to turn it on
Usb ports don't have a button, so therefore automatically turns on

Yeah mines in the boot out of sight
I've got the pro model
Can you confirm if the pro model will turn on the usb port and or the 12 volt port automatically if it completely dies and you start the car to apply power to it? Or do you have to go to the boot and hit a button?

Last edited:
Back