Parking Guard Hardwirekit Released

Hi, I to bought the Nanoq (70$ at gearbest) which i my first dashcam.

Had it for 3 weeks and yes it is flaky sometime but it was cheap and small, swish it was even smaller.

Anyhow I hardwired it using the cable which support parking mode and it works! Uploaded a small Parking mode sequences.
The cables, red to permanent voltage (boot 12v outlet), yellow to ignition enabled voltage (mid tunnel 12v outlet) and black to ground.

There are many settings in the dashcam, some of them contradicting However I set:
Parking mode On, Parking para 1080 2 fps, Motion detection On

I used the latest firmware 20161226
The parking mode stays On and is not lost.
Once the dashcam lost its date, think it was after the car hadn't been used for a week or so.
The resolution changed from parking mode to drive after motion activated or ignition started.

Yes the micro cable is plugged into the dashcam body and No the GPS doesn't get any juice/voltage after this. Thinking maybe I can split the usb cable into two for an additional micro for the GPS?

As I said the dashcam is somewhat unreliable so you have to keep an eye on its recording which doesn't align with "install and forget". I see this dashcam as an entry level and have my eyes on the up coming DDpai x2 pro.

Cheers

Last edited:
As I said the dashcam is somewhat unreliable so you have to keep an eye on its recording which doesn't align with "install and forget".

Agreed on this. I had just received my Nanoq+ for a week. And through the time, I realized for several times my Nanoq+ doesn't even start any recording at all and only realize it in the middle of my driving. I guess there are some specific power signal pulse/pattern detected by it which might had caused it do detect or stuck at a false power detection state.

I bought one of these on ebay and it came with the latest firmware 2016.12.26
bugs? where to begin
"format required" error
camera does not start at random
camera does not record at random
camera reboots at random
camera goes into park mode at random
camera does not go into park mode at random
date resets itself at random

all in all what a great little camera! :rolleyes:

attempting to return camera and the seller suggest downgrading to firmware 20161117V1.0 that is one version before the the one that came with the camera... that firmware has even more bugs than the latest one.

My opinion this is typical Chinese piece of junk, I for one would like to read about 1 person who has had this camera work reliably.

Hi

After 2 more weeks the Nanoq has reached a steady state with no problems with its current configuration. The initial problems may have something to do with my discovery phase of the Nanoq features, stressing it. Yes the 720p60, whatever is over exposing but this I don't use. Std setting is 1080p30T set.

The motion detection in Parking Guard mode is also used generally so this I have disabled since I want the continuous recording when driving.

The hardwire control has a switch for 24v - no parking guard - 12v. I found when the switch is in between 24 and 12, the "no parking guard mode" power is available as provided from the yellow cable source. For me its from the 12 v tunnel console outlet. This is great and means I easily can switch the dashcam between normal and parking mode. In practice I'd switch on the parking mode with the power switch when the car is Not parked in my garage.

One last challange to get the gps supplied with power, since now the micro cable is plunged into the dashcam body itself, the gps doesn't receive any power. I need to find a micro cable split that gives two power ends - is that possible?

cheers

Last edited:
There is no need for a splitter. The GPS module should get the power from camera even when the USB is plugged to the camera.

Hi

You are probably right but I did this odd thing of switching around the camera in the gps shoe. This so I could get the camera closer to the windscreen and yes the gps still was able to create log files. That ended when moving the micro plug from the gps shoe to the camera body. Yesterday I plugged in an extra micro into the gps shoe and that made the gps to start logging again:) Today I ordered a splitter for 2$ to let me use one, hardwire power supply.

So when I was checking the gps log results I noticed that in parking mode, actually the camera used motion detection even if its turned off for normal driving - thats great. Now I read in the manual, this is what is written about parking guard, g-force and motion detection is always used.

Here we adjusted to summer time today. The time moved earlier but I haven't yet bothered to updating the camera but when I was scrolling through todays video, I think I noticed the time got updated by its self. Here again I could see in the manual it says the date and time is picked up from the gps, that's great. This little dachcam is starting to impress me.

Next we see how reliable the camera is, so far so good.

cheers

Someone can please tell me if the camera is supposed to switch on parking mode exactly when ignition power (red wire) is cut off?

Mine does not.

The parking mode icon stays grayed.

Camera keeps staying on and records regular video with motion activation (saturating my sdcard very soon)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9195 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi

For me that happend when the power cable was plugged into the gps shoe. The parking mode started to work when the camera body is connected instead of the gps shoe.

cheers

Thanks man, however i did plugged mine in the camera body, which powers correctly the GPS module, but wont switch to parking guard mode anyways.

At this point it looks necessary for me to check with a multimeter if signal to switch modes is properly given or not on pin 4 as it should be, and see what kit or camera is defective.

Thanks man, however i did plugged mine in the camera body, which powers correctly the GPS module, but wont switch to parking guard mode anyways.

what is the firmware version?

Someone can please tell me if the camera is supposed to switch on parking mode exactly when ignition power (red wire) is cut off?

Mine does not.

The parking mode icon stays grayed.

Camera keeps staying on and records regular video with motion activation (saturating my sdcard very soon)

Hey,

Looks like I'm late to the party but it seems like you need to swap the wires.
Red = Permanent Power
Yellow = Ignition
Black = Ground

what is the firmware version?
2017 - 04 - 25

Same issue, and the kit is wired correctly (red +12 permanent, yellow +12 under key)

Need to check what is defective, kit or CAM.

Hi. I had 0805 then 0903 and have 0903PLUS now with genuie hard wire kit. After I realized I swapped the wires (like others) then fixed the parking guard started to work. But I have many questions and issues with it...

"Parking guard" function is working, but after some days of use I had many problems:

- I didn't found how can I turn off the "motion detection" function in parking guard mode (menu setting 'motion detecion is OFF). Since I live in a city and parking in a parking lot, then 1 night later I had thousand of 20MB files on SD card. It's started to record every people and car. Is there any way to use G sensor only to start record?

- after a night and a workday on a normal 20°C day, the camera software "frozen".... I mean it stopped working and stopped to react any buttons. Watched the recordings it stopped working probably because overheating (there was a "TOO HOT" (or something similar) on the bottom right corner on video in a single (video)frame. Is there any way to NOT TO RECORD in parking guard mode but keep watching for g sensor signal to record?

- Now, I'm using it with Parking Guard off. The recording starting well when starting the engine, but never stops. Is it possible to automatically stop the recording when engine off? I installed it close behind the mirror, and it's hard to reach/control shut down manually. Accidentally alwas pressing the MUTE button...

By the way I really like the 0903Plus. ..except these problems...

@Rayman.Chan ?
@lacibaci ?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sorry about your problems. I've had too many issues with my 0903 - so it is now retired and no longer used. Similar problems plagued my 0906 sample so it is also retired.
My current setup is SG9665GC and Garmin 55.

Another (bigger) issue i have now :(

Still 0903Plus

I just realized I have no sound recording at all!
- Using genuie hardwire kit and wired correctly
- plugged the power into the camera itself
- GPS module working correctly
- tried to reset the camera (power+up)
- tried to reset settings to default
- tried different resolutions and settings
but no sound recording :(

I had an idea and tried:
- bring the camera home and used phone charger: sound OK
- used the hardwire kit as power source (in car) but without GPS module: sound OK

Any help and ideas are welcome
Thanks in advance

Hi, I to bought the Nanoq (70$ at gearbest) which i my first dashcam.

Yes the micro cable is plugged into the dashcam body and No the GPS doesn't get any juice/voltage after this. Thinking maybe I can split the usb cable into two for an additional micro for the GPS?

...I have exacty the same problem with the mini0905 dashcam. parking mode works only when the USB power cable is connected to the cam directly. Unfortunately the GPS function is lost in this case - it works only for some time (I guess there is a battery in the GPS mount). There is no power supply from the camera to the GPS mount.

It looks like the GPS mount doesn't transfer the parking mode signal to the camera and the camera doesn't supply the GPS mount with power.

Ideas:
- connect the missing cable (parking mode support cable) fromt the GPS mount to the camera
- remove the power supply from the GPS mount to the camera and put an additional ACC power cable to the mount
- just connect two power cables - one hardwire to the camera and one normal power cable to the GPS mount ( I worry something get's damaged with 2 power sources for the camera)
- is there another GPS mount which supports the parking mode?

Did someone try anything of this?
Ideas?

Last edited:
must plug to the camera body to active the Parking Guard function

the power connection works from GPS or camera body, for Parking Guard it must be on camera body.
This is main rule to have working Parking Guard mode.

Please check wire between GPS module and cam holder. It's very thin and could be damaged and not have contacts.
Kontaktai1.jpg
Kontaktai1.jpg
Kontaktai2.jpg
Some of users (and me) splitting GPS module from the cam (50-60cm) due it's interference. But it's another topics...

This is main rule to have working Parking Guard mode.

Please check wire between GPS module and cam holder. It's very thin and could be damaged and not have contacts.
Some of users (and me) splitting GPS module from the cam (50-60cm) due it's interference. But it's another topics...

So you think the GPS mount should get power from the camera? I read in another forum there is no power supply from the camera to the GPS mount - only from the GPS mount to the camera.
In my case - GPS and camera works when the USB power cable is connected to the GPS mount (just the parking mode does not work).
Parking mode and camera works when the USB power cable is connected to the camera directly (just GPS is not working any more).

the GPS mount can get power from camera body; the camera body can get power from GPS mount also, they are connected.

GPS and camera works when the USB power cable is connected to the GPS mount (just the parking mode does not work). ----- that is correct
Parking mode and camera works when the USB power cable is connected to the camera directly (just GPS is not working any more). ----- unreasonable

.... Parking mode and camera works when the USB power cable is connected to the camera directly (just GPS is not working any more). ----- unreasonable

Unreasonable, just like my issue with 0903PLUS. No sound recording when hard wire kit connected to camera body...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Mini 0903 / nano Q 3
leggo Mini 0903 / nano Q 0
Back