Parking Guard Hardwirekit Released

So you think the GPS mount should get power from the camera? I read in another forum there is no power supply from the camera to the GPS mount - only from the GPS mount to the camera.
In my case - GPS and camera works when the USB power cable is connected to the GPS mount (just the parking mode does not work).
Parking mode and camera works when the USB power cable is connected to the camera directly (just GPS is not working any more).

I solved this problem by connecting a second USB power cable to the GPS mount. Now everything works smoothly! :)

I have a hardwire connection to the camera -> parking mode works.
+ a USB power cable (power from cigarette lighter) to the GPS mount -> GPS works.

I don't know why GPS is not working correctly when the hardwire kit is connected to the camera without a 2nd USB power cable - I checked all connections - all fine.
I also get power from the GPS mount to the camera when the cable is connected just to the GPS mount.
Maybe there is not enough power left for the GPS mount to work properly.

However - for me the problem is solved - I am fine with two cables.
I am also happy to know the GPS does not get too much power when the car is parked - so all fine.

@Liamlond Have you experienced any problem with your mini dashcam because of your appliance?

Hi, I have the mini 0903 and this hardwire kit. I´m having a hard time trying to make it work.

I installed the kit giving power from the fuse box of the car. Yellow wire to battery, red wire to key, black to ground. micro usb to camera body. So every time I turn on ignition and start to drive camera records with no issues, and when I park the car and power off the car camera stops recording. Awesome. But parking guard does not work. With ignition off, If i try to manually switch on the camera, it wont turn on. That made me think I just need to modify the installation, so I also tried to put red wire to battery and yellow to ignition, but that only leads to camero not powering on when starting the car.

Can someone please give some support?

Best regards

Is your hardwire kit different from mine ?
According the direction Red cable must be connected constant power (As your said Battery)
So rest must be gone wrong ...
3634b3fdcfcb5a9f814f87b48b7dc707.jpg

I'de like to buy one of these (Parking Guard Hardwirekit for the nanoQ) from where (in europe) can i get hold of one?
Any part number i can look for?
If i'm not able to get one of these for my nanoq (from the manufacturer) could you recommend any other ?

Would this work in case i can't get hold of the one specified here ?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07D76YVR3

If I would tried before I prefer to using powerbank instead of hardwire kit.
It stops working in hotter conditions then doesn't start. I have to disconnect the connector to main unit.
And in parking mode when motion detect trigger it records normal video
So using powerbank and activate motion detection is another choice.

Early to bed, early to rise Makes man healthy, the wallet wealthy...

Ok guys i must say i am very disappointed for how i have been treated by the manufacturer:

I bought this nanoq mini 0903 in february '17 off amazon, s/n is X000KW1F9B. i bought also the hardwire kit
suggested in this thread.

The camera works great, except for one function: the parking guard.
When enabled, the parking guard pops a grey icon on the left side of the screen, and the icon stays green, never comes live, it happens on all the firmwares.

The camera parameters are to stay on all the time (no auto off) just screen off after 10s, motion detection, record loop 3 minutes and no timelapse. 1080 30 for recording, 1080 2 for parking guard.

But it never activates parking guard.

Checked the hardwire kit, and it works as supposed: turning ON the key it powers +5 VCC on pin 1, turning OFF the key it powers +5 VCC on pin 1, +3.3 ID on pin 4. Ground pin is pin 5.

I tried and mail for RMA, never received a reply, website is down, owner probably ran from pursuers, and I got completely left alone

Not even a proposal to return mine and change it for a better model (eg, 0906) for i would gladly pay the difference.

What should I do?

I have given up on the parking guard since you needed to power the dashcam using the USB port on the house. For me that disabled the gps. So now prefer having the gps powered. Instead I have noticed, if the car alarm is activated, that powers up the dashcam.

I did this recording but it was awhile back so I don’t remember the details. It may confirm your findings, I don’t know.

Anyhow I’m happy with the dashcam. For me it gives good quality recordings, day and night.

Rememberd my cam loses its time/date setting but that’s corrected after a while by the gps.

I see... seems kinda a rtc loss of power. And in your case, if you still want parking guard, you can work it around by splitting in 2 the usb cable, pne goes to the mount (to keep power and gps running) and the second goes to the cam body (to provide the ID signal, used for parking guard)

I cannot work it around, and yeah, still a good dash cam, but i bought it out of others for that function (mobile security cam in my house parking yard) :(

Nice video, that is the way it is supposed to work!

@viofo @Rayman.Chan : Can we please try and fix tis issue together? If you indicate me what are the points to check for the +3,3v parking guard signal i'll try to fix it by myself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Mini 0903 / nano Q 3
leggo Mini 0903 / nano Q 0
Back