Parking guard mini 0906

jp493484

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i purchased a mini 0906 the other day and had it hard wired into my car - a ford fiesta so that i can activate parking mode.
I know parking mode isnt turned on because it shows up greyed on my car but at the moment where i have it connected to my fuse box means its constantly running 24/7, doesnt turn off until you hold the power button. This means that parking mode doesnt turn off because i know it should turn on when the ignition is turned off.Ive checked online and the hardwiring kit most people get has the black red and yellow cable, my hardwiring kit only comes with the earth (black) and the red cable.. no yellow.
Is this my problem or am i missing something plugging it into the wrong fuse position with the wrong amps.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B0791BHYBW (hardwire kit im using) but i can get sufficient power to my dashcam because its constantly on.. both front and rear camera!

Please help!
Thanks.

The kit that you have purchased does not have the parking signal, which is the yellow wire. With your kit, if you connect the red wire to an “always on” fuse, the camera will not shut down unless you press n hold the power button for a few seconds or if car battery got drained.

You need to get a kit with parking mode yellow wire if you want parking mode to work.

Back