Parking mode 2nd battery

Michael J

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I will be purchasing a F800 Pro or F800 here in the next 1-1.5 months when my new car comes in. If I need to, will order the 800 pro from overseas and delivered back the US
Right now I have the F750 on the BMW X5. One of the big problems is the limited amount of time before it shuts off in parking mode because of the drain on the battery.

How does the F800 handle this?
How does the F800 Pro with Air update handle this?
Can you install a 2ndary gel car battery..would that help? How would that be wired? Just in series with the existing battery so it gets recharged by the alternator?

Hi Micheal J,
I take it your in the U.S., so for hardware (wiring to fuse box, battery, plus extra if you want, a good vender for support). My experience has been, given actual install and usage to go with:
As far as wiring is concerned, you hard-wire the primary battery to your fuse-box (cable supplied, also this is best charging option), there is also the regular cigarette cable option. And attach second battery if purchased (cable and connections already hardwired on the battery's) and use then use the spliced cable to the F800/ F800 Pro from the primary battery (make sure you order this version, as there is there regular version for use for any dash-cam etc.). Wired this way you have 1 or 2 battery's that provide power when your car is parked.
The F800 functions appropriately for any of the options you choose for "parking mode" using the method as noted. I have this setup with the exclusion of the second battery. The Vender is BlackboxMycar (https://www.blackboxmycar.com), and you can either buy direct from them or buy though Amazon. They also provide great support.

Last point of note to your reply, I looked at a couple of battery options and this product seemed the best for the application. To you question regarding charging, these are small and can fit under your seat (Velcro supplied). The battery(s) charges either via the supplied cigarette cable or, the hard-wire option (best) in about an hour or so of driving. A second battery should double your power time while parked. The dash-cam then only pulls power from the Cellink battery, leaving you a charged battery for your car. You can also set the cut off voltage and total record time while parked through the phone or desktop app.
I hope this helps with your question.

Back