Parking mode & iVolt Battery

rahaney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping you gurus can help me. I've just had front & rear F800 pros hard wired/installed with an external/extra iVolt Mini battery.

I think at the moment all it is doing is recording in a continuous loop. There are no other videos despite parking mode enabled and set to motion detection. Plus, am I meant to get a parking mode activated or some such message as I don't.

Is having the external battery negating the switch to parking mode?

For those who are having difficulty with the app - after set up by the installer I had to do a factory reset then use the USB micro sd adapter to set all my options on pc viewer. Since then it has played ball.

Thanks in advance

I have the Cellink Battery B instead of the iVolt. When I turn my car off, 15-30 seconds later, the camera will actually announce that it’s going into parking mode. If you’re unsure, turn your car off and wait a few seconds before exiting and you should hear it say going into parking mode.

Also, when I turn my car on, I hear it say ‘x number of motion detected, and x amount of incidents detected. Starting continuous recording.’

With the iVolt battery, how did you hook it up to the camera? Is the camera plugged into a cigarette adapter to the iVolt or is there a plug with wires hooked up to it? That could be your problem right there.

Lastly, make sure parking mode is enabled in settings. I believe it’s in a separate spot from the option for continuous or motion or time lapse mode. You have to enable parking mode for it to work.

Hi Nadhir, thanks for the response, no I've never heard any announcements re parking mode or number of incidents.

I had it hard wired by avrmobiles (not connected to the cigarette lighter in the dash), so I hope they've installed it correctly.

I have enabled parking mode in the options. Hmm, looks like I'll be making a call to avrmobiles. Is there any videos on how it should be installed, there's a manual which the installer used but it doesn't sound like it's correct.

Hi Nadhir, thanks for the response, no I've never heard any announcements re parking mode or number of incidents.

I had it hard wired by avrmobiles (not connected to the cigarette lighter in the dash), so I hope they've installed it correctly.

I have enabled parking mode in the options. Hmm, looks like I'll be making a call to avrmobiles. Is there any videos on how it should be installed, there's a manual which the installer used but it doesn't sound like it's correct.
I’m not sure then. I don’t have an iVolt so I can’t tell you about that. I have a Cellink and know that I have a plug that goes into the battery, then a plug from the battery into the car.

I’m not sure then. I don’t have an iVolt so I can’t tell you about that. I have a Cellink and know that I have a plug that goes into the battery, then a plug from the battery into the car.
Hi Nadhir, without wanting to start removing bits of trim etc - can I ask where you're external battery is mounted? Think the installer said the drivers footwell? Was going to turn the iVolt off to see if I get any other messages. Thanks

Hi Nadhir, without wanting to start removing bits of trim etc - can I ask where you're external battery is mounted? Think the installer said the drivers footwell? Was going to turn the iVolt off to see if I get any other messages. Thanks
I just have it In my trunk in a compartment. I put it in myself so I just threw it in one of the pouches in my trunk. There’s no need to remove trim. It’s either the battery or the way the battery is set up - or the cable used. Did you use the Thinkware hardware kit?

Yes, the official hardwire iVolt kit was used so I think it's the install that has gone wrong. I'll get avrmobiles back early this week.

Just to check when the ignition switches off within 30 seconds there's an audible message re parking mode and vice-versa when starting from it? (It is switched on in the settings)

Yes, the official hardwire iVolt kit was used so I think it's the install that has gone wrong. I'll get avrmobiles back early this week.

Just to check when the ignition switches off within 30 seconds there's an audible message re parking mode and vice-versa when starting from it? (It is switched on in the settings)
Yes.

Turn car on - during parking mode, Number of motion detected and x incidents were detected. Starting continuous recording now.

Turn car off - parking mode starting.

It says something along those lines within around 15-30 seconds.

Many thanks,
Just a last question - what parking settings have you found work best? Motion? Impact? Sensitivity?
Thanks

Many thanks,
Just a last question - what parking settings have you found work best? Motion? Impact? Sensitivity?
Thanks
I have mine set to motion. I’m not on a necessarily quiet block but it’s not busy enough to justify timelapss in my opinion. I normally have 10+ motion detections when I turn my car on but it’s not an issue plus time lapse can use more battery and space, depending on the amount of traffic your area gets.

I don’t know what you mean by impact but impact is always on whether you chose timelapss or motion. It’s technically timelapss & shock or motion & shock. They will both record normally and save a separate recording should the G-sensor sense any shock or impact to the car. I currently have mine set to Medium, though it will go off if I get in the car or close the door a little hard. I’d. Though as I can simply delete those and rather have my sensor a little more sensative than a little less and miss something.

Looking at the F770 forum this seems to be an installation issue depending which fuses have been used. Plus it's complicated by being in an Audi which still has power on when a door is open.

Unfortunately, the company can only come out now in the new year, so it's continuous or nothing ATM

Looking at the F770 forum this seems to be an installation issue depending which fuses have been used. Plus it's complicated by being in an Audi which still has power on when a door is open.

Unfortunately, the company can only come out now in the new year, so it's continuous or nothing ATM
Maybe they didn’t plug it into an ignition fuse or accessory fuse since it isn’t going into parking mode.
I have a BMW myself and that’s why I got a battery. Don’t want too much drain on my car battery.

Maybe they didn’t plug it into an ignition fuse or accessory fuse since it isn’t going into parking mode.
I have a BMW myself and that’s why I got a battery. Don’t want too much drain on my car battery.
There's several threads on the F770 sub-forum with similar issues, I definitely think its related to the piggyback fuse choice, I know more about it now so i'll get the iVolt disconnected, then make sure it goes into parking mode with the alerts, then plug the battery back in. Can I ask what Amp fuses you've used? I see 5,10,15,20 being used all over. Thanks

There's several threads on the F770 sub-forum with similar issues, I definitely think its related to the piggyback fuse choice, I know more about it now so i'll get the iVolt disconnected, then make sure it goes into parking mode with the alerts, then plug the battery back in. Can I ask what Amp fuses you've used? I see 5,10,15,20 being used all over. Thanks
I just plugged it into my cigarette lighter but when I read about it people were saying use 20A to play it safe.

that's the opposite of playing it safe, 5A max would be better
I’m not sure as I haven’t messed with fuses before and that’s why I have mine hooked up to the cigarette lighter. :p

Back