Parking mode and battery pack

cas-iel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone could help me out
I wanted to buy a B1W and a Beaudens LiFePO4 Power Station and have it set up to the rear side in my car.
Would I be able to use the PS efficiently, especially for its parking mode?

This should work well.
And how do you plan to charge the Beaudens? And what capacity do you plan to buy (380Wh, 240Wh or 166Wh)?
For B1W to work in parking mode, Power Bank with a capacity of 20,000 mAh and a power adapter with fast charging will be enough.
Although, depending on how often you drive and how long it takes to travel.

Power Bank with a capacity of 20,000 mAh and a power adapter with fast charging will be enough.
Depends a bit on the speed of the fast charging. Assuming a fairly normal 18W fast charge rate, then an hour of driving/charging per day will almost run the B1W for the remaining 23 hours. You need to choose your fast charge powerbank and fast charge charger very carefully if you want to get 24h coverage with a normal commute time. There are certainly USB power banks that can do it, properly fast car chargers are not so easy to find.

A Beaudens Power Station with 45W charge rate will only need a half hour charge per day to keep the B1W going 24/7, and your smallest option of 166Wh capacity will easily run the camera all weekend without charging.

Thanks for the replies!
The 166Wh is the only one available to me at the moment.

I thought about it a bit more and maybe anyone of you guys might have some suggestions or can direct me to a specific thread.
My car is a Subaru Outback and again I wanted that dashcam mounted on either side of my rear windows.
B1W was my first choice but got to looking into another cheap model like the Aukey DR-01 for the small factor (maybe not as discreet) and motion detection
AND also the Viofo A119 V2/V3 since I think I can make use of its specs and still be able to mount it how I want even with how angled those rear windows are.

Is there anything else that I should think about if these would be my options? Any problems I might run into?

B1W should be your ideal solution if you use it as a side dashcam. Its small footprint is easy to set up!

Is there anything else that I should think about if these would be my options? Any problems I might run into?
Agree with estore that the B1W will be much easier to position for the side mounting, it also has a significantly wider angle lens than a A119 V3, and for the side wider is better, and it will use very roughly half the power, so can use a powerbank half the cost.

The A119 V3 will have significantly better image quality, and I would happily recommend it for the front and rear, but it is unlikely to be necessary at the sides. The B1W does a pretty good job in the dark, the only big difference is the amount of motion blur when vehicles are moving, but that may not be an issue if you are parked and it is people rather than vehicles that you are worried about.

I don't know much about the Aukey DR-01, but I don't notice people recommending it, and the mount doesn't look a good design to me. It has the same image sensor as the B1W, and since I know the B1W does a very good job with that sensor, I doubt that the Aukey DR-01 would have better image quality.

The A119 V2 has a wider lens than the V3 and higher resolution than the B1W so from an image point of view it may be a good compromise, but for a side camera the B1W is definitely a better shape/mount, and if you are running several cameras 24/7 then the power consumption should be a consideration, for power the B1W wins.

Do consider the parking modes available, the A119 V3 comes with a selection in the menu, the B1W has several firmware choices, the choice may depend on what you want it to do.

Back