Parking Mode Beta Firmware

@viofo I've been running the beta firmware for a little while now and have found a bug with the parking mode. I am not running a hardwire kit.

Occasionally, the cam will engage parking mode while driving. I've managed to isolate this to a specific event - if the vehicle is stationary for about 90 seconds, parking mode will kick in as normal BUT if the vehicle then immediately moves, it will not exit back to regular recording mode. Thus, the remainder of the journey will be in parking mode.

I experienced a perfect example of this today. The cam was in regular recoding mode and I stopped at traffic lights for about 90 seconds. Just as the lights changed and I started to move away, parking mode engaged and remained that way until I arrived home, 20 minutes later.

It seems that if this very specific timing occurs, parking mode gets confused. However, I have experienced the issue on at least 3 occasions over the last week or so, so it is not as rare as you'd think it would be.

I'd be interested to know if any others have experienced this. Am I right in thinking @Harsh has noticed parking mode staying on when it shouldn't?

EDIT / I'm running version 1.4 which I downloaded on the 28th of September - so I understand this version is supposedly the one that fixed parking mode not exiting over 8Kmh.

As per what I've experienced it's not isolated to the car moving immediately after Parking Mode kicks in. Been times when I entered the car and drove off within 30 seconds but the camera didn't register the door closing or the speed going over 8 km/h, was stuck recording in time-lapse or low-bitrate mode.

As per what I've experienced it's not isolated to the car moving immediately after Parking Mode kicks in. Been times when I entered the car and drove off within 30 seconds but the camera didn't register the door closing or the speed going over 8 km/h, was stuck recording in time-lapse or low-bitrate mode.

That's very interesting. Is this happening while running the "fixed" beta released on September 27th?

@viofo I've been running the beta firmware for a little while now and have found a bug with the parking mode. I am not running a hardwire kit.

Occasionally, the cam will engage parking mode while driving. I've managed to isolate this to a specific event - if the vehicle is stationary for about 90 seconds, parking mode will kick in as normal BUT if the vehicle then immediately moves, it will not exit back to regular recording mode. Thus, the remainder of the journey will be in parking mode.

I experienced a perfect example of this today. The cam was in regular recoding mode and I stopped at traffic lights for about 90 seconds. Just as the lights changed and I started to move away, parking mode engaged and remained that way until I arrived home, 20 minutes later.

It seems that if this very specific timing occurs, parking mode gets confused. However, I have experienced the issue on at least 3 occasions over the last week or so, so it is not as rare as you'd think it would be.

I'd be interested to know if any others have experienced this. Am I right in thinking @Harsh has noticed parking mode staying on when it shouldn't?

EDIT / I'm running version 1.4 which I downloaded on the 28th of September - so I understand this version is supposedly the one that fixed parking mode not exiting over 8Kmh.

Same happening to my wife's car with 1.4 firmware. She does most driving in heavy traffic. I guess 3 wire kit will fix this ?

Same happening to my wife's car with 1.4 firmware. She does most driving in heavy traffic. I guess 3 wire kit will fix this ?

It certainly should as it would be reliant on the ignition status rather than motion of the car. I do hope the issue is fixed for those of us who prefer not to hard-wire though.

Thanks for confirming another example of this behaviour. :)

Reading the first post of this thread, I understand that parking mode uses G-sensor and GPS (if available) to decide when to enter and exit parking mode. So if you are using a non-GPS mount, the camera should rely only on the G-sensor to determine whether or not the car is moving. It's worth testing to confirm this is true.
Thanks for clarifying that. I thought I was in a A119 thread when I replied. oops

I have question regarding parking mode. I know there is a delay of about 6 seconds of no video for the 129 to switch from parking to regular driving mode. But what happens if it is in parking mode(time laps, low bit rate or motion detect) and it detects an event, is there a delay period and no video is recorded when switching to full bit rate and regular speed recording?

Im getting confused in some points of how this parking mode works.

I have the new betta FW and im using the low bitrate mode for parking. When im going to check my footage from overnight, i see a mix of a lot 10:00mins Files, 1.01min files and some 2.06Min files.

I belive the parking mode should work something like:

No motion: Keeps recording in 10:00min files.
Motion: Records a 1min file of the even and then proceds to record as normal in parking mode.

Now this is where my doubts start.

-Why do i have regular 2 and 3 min files? Im talking about 4 or 6 files with the exact same lenght besides the 10 and 1min.

- If you check this youtube channel (its mine https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIRA-bYVUKWpo601PXGi_Q ) on the last videos (arround 100 and something) you will find a mix of rain, night, day, cars passing by at night, cars passing by by day, cars pulling over way close to my car; people passing way close to my car; and stillness.
For some reason, i get short files when nothing is happening and i get regular 10:00 min files where the motion should have been activated as some people and cars pass way close to my car.

Is there a reason for this?

This makes me check every single sec of my footage. It takes arround 2/3 hours every day to check if anything had happened or was about to happen. Its very time consuming and inefficient. Also the 1 min files got stored in the same folder as the other ones. This allow them to be overwriten by any footage that doesnt contain any situation.

Im getting confused in some points of how this parking mode works.

I have the new betta FW and im using the low bitrate mode for parking. When im going to check my footage from overnight, i see a mix of a lot 10:00mins Files, 1.01min files and some 2.06Min files.

I belive the parking mode should work something like:

No motion: Keeps recording in 10:00min files.
Motion: Records a 1min file of the even and then proceds to record as normal in parking mode.

Now this is where my doubts start.

-Why do i have regular 2 and 3 min files? Im talking about 4 or 6 files with the exact same lenght besides the 10 and 1min.

- If you check this youtube channel (its mine https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIRA-bYVUKWpo601PXGi_Q ) on the last videos (arround 100 and something) you will find a mix of rain, night, day, cars passing by at night, cars passing by by day, cars pulling over way close to my car; people passing way close to my car; and stillness.
For some reason, i get short files when nothing is happening and i get regular 10:00 min files where the motion should have been activated as some people and cars pass way close to my car.

Is there a reason for this?

This makes me check every single sec of my footage. It takes arround 2/3 hours every day to check if anything had happened or was about to happen. Its very time consuming and inefficient. Also the 1 min files got stored in the same folder as the other ones. This allow them to be overwriten by any footage that doesnt contain any situation.

If you have no scratches or dents on your car, why would you check the footage??

Harsh, does the new 3 wire kit require the support of the beta firmware to kick in the parking mode flawlessly?

is Viofo going to release the official update on their webpage?
it is still showing the latest update is at V1.3 dated September 4, 2018...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 11.31.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 11.31.09 PM.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 14
If you have no scratches or dents on your car, why would you check the footage??

Because i do, and because sometimes you dont really get the marks, but you find stuff suspicious. For exemple, i've now caught 4 videos of towtrucks really close to my car.
I Found a guy looking inside my car and i belive he was trying to open it. That kind of stuff that you should pick it up with a motion sensor that doesnt really leave a mark but can make you be aware.

also sometimes you dont see the scratch right away. Only some days before when you by any change check that part of the car, or you go clean it. By that time, it can be too late to retrive the footage

Hi all,

Just installed an A129 duo kit, 3-wire hardwire kit with high-endurance 64GB Sandisk card. Flashed firmware to the 0927 beta. Cameras work well, parking mode works well.

Problem is that as the card approaches full, the camera shuts itself down. Upon restart it records for a couple of seconds and shut's itself down again. I did format the card after doing the firmware upgrade and after the problem first occurred. It works fine until the card approaches full again. It seems the looping writes are broken.

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thank you

Hi all,

Just installed an A129 duo kit, 3-wire hardwire kit with high-endurance 64GB Sandisk card. Flashed firmware to the 0927 beta. Cameras work well, parking mode works well.

Problem is that as the card approaches full, the camera shuts itself down. Upon restart it records for a couple of seconds and shut's itself down again. I did format the card after doing the firmware upgrade and after the problem first occurred. It works fine until the card approaches full again. It seems the looping writes are broken.

Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thank you
Is looping on in the menu?

Good point, probably forgot to enable it when I flashed the beta firmware. Struggling to get the dashcam to turn on and stay on (with or without the card installed). Formatted the card to no avail.

Just read the manual, but can't seem to find the paperclip reset procedure.....

Anyone, please?

the reset with a paperclip is only if the camera was locked up, go into the menu and reset the settings is what you want to do

Back