Parking Mode Beta Firmware

thanks for remarks !
so - updated wish list v22.1-10-2018:
1. For motion detection, before if no motion in 90s then enter parking mode, plan to change it to 3 mins;
2. Add 2/3fps option for time lapse;
3. Have option in menu for 2 wire and 3 wire hardwire kit, if 3 is selected and no power on ACC it starts in parking mode and not normal mode;
4. Add LowBitrare options 4mB/s;
5. Add value options for BT_ClickEvent = {Record Lock , SnapShot}, BT_LongClickEvent = {WiFiOnOff , ???} .
---
6. In park mode optionally power off GPS module (to reduce power consumption) (as idea?).
7. Replace data title format "dd/mm/yy" with "dd-mm-yy".
8. Add buffered parking mode if chipset can support it.

something i mentioned before; beep section to have beep when memory card issue only,
also :
Have a way during park mode to go into standby mode when parked at a known location, as soon as ACC gets power then back to normal recording.
You can store the location coordinates using the GPS and then set a diameter that the car is within, also having a delay timer that when reached will go into standby mode.
Menu option :
1 Standby mode : On/Off
1.1 Location 1 : Store/Delete
1.2 Location 2 : Store/Delete
1.3 Distance : 5m/10m/15m
1.4 Delay : 5min/10min/15min

when you park on your drive or garage over the weekend or evenings there is no point in it recording anything. Would be nice if the camera went into standby and not record anything till the ACC gets power and to start recording normally again.

when you park on your drive or garage over the weekend or evenings there is no point in it recording anything. Would be nice if the camera went into standby and not record anything till the ACC gets power and to start recording normally again.
Not everyone has garages!

I've the garage and in this case just switch OFF "bypass" mode on power controller (VicoPower, MagicPower).

I've the garage and in this case just switch OFF "bypass" mode on power controller (VicoPower, MagicPower).
but would be nice if the dashcam did it itself without user intervention, rules out if the driver 'forgets' to switch mode

Parking mode is already struggling to function reliably. I know @viofo asked for suggestions, but some of these proposals would make things really complicated to program, test & implement.

Daily reboots option if parking mode is enabled.

Everybody gets excited when asked what you'd like in the next version and we all list out nice to have's.
Other than the buffered parking, most of the other suggestions should not impose an overhead on the device, in some cases it would reduce the overhead.

Hey guys.
I see the GPS module on the A129 is now optional (takes off $10 if you opt out).
Would parking mode still work if you don't have the GPS module?

Hey guys.
I see the GPS module on the A129 is now optional (takes off $10 if you opt out).
Yes it will still work. You need to run the 3-wire hardwiring kit directly into your camera if you want parking mode to work as intended (triggered by the accessory wire). For all other general hardwiring kits and just plugging into your 12V socket you can power it through the mount or camera as this parking mode is based on motion.

Yes it will still work. You need to run the 3-wire hardwiring kit directly into your camera if you want parking mode to work as intended (triggered by the accessory wire). For all other general hardwiring kits and just plugging into your 12V socket you can power it through the mount or camera as this parking mode is based on motion.
I was planning on just using a power bank like Tpower Plus or a standard power bank to power it while in parking mode. So, without GPS (motion) this won't work?

I was planning on just using a power bank like Tpower Plus or a standard power bank to power it while in parking mode. So, without GPS (motion) this won't work?
That will work too. Parking mode has nothing to do with GPS. Parking mode works via motion and g-sensor.

Parking mode has nothing to do with GPS. Parking mode works via motion and g-sensor.

Reading the first post of this thread, I understand that parking mode uses G-sensor and GPS (if available) to decide when to enter and exit parking mode. So if you are using a non-GPS mount, the camera should rely only on the G-sensor to determine whether or not the car is moving. It's worth testing to confirm this is true.

How to enter and exit parking mode:

1. With 2 wires hardwire kit: Enter the parking mode after 90s no motion, exit the parking mode while there is a G-sensor detection or average GPS speed is >8KM/H.
2. With 3 wires ACC hardwire kit: Enter and Exit by ACC signal detection.

Firmware updated(0927):
.. 2. Low bit-rate recording mode changed to 4Mb/s to save more space.
With 256gb card VR estimated 50hrs of Parking mode recording. Wishes begin to come true...

Back