Parking Mode Beta Firmware

According to user feedback, we did some change for parking mode. We'd like to hear your feedback for new solution.
The new firmware support 2 wires and 3 wire with ACC hardwire kits.

There is 3 options under parking mode:

1. Auto Event Detection(almost same as motion detection): When a moving objects is detected while parking, a video is recorded for 60 seconds.
2. Time Lapse Recording(1fps, 5fps, 10fps): Keep recording in time lapse mode
3. Low Bitrate Recording: Keep recording in low bitrate recording.

How to enter and exit parking mode:

1. With 2 wires hardwire kit: Enter the parking mode after 90s no motion, exit the parking mode while there is a G-sensor detection or average GPS speed is >8KM/H.
2. With 3 wires ACC hardwire kit: Enter and Exit by ACC signal detection.

Firmware download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jGB1XE39zhWk-oU-k4IWOtYqNCXYrfu9

With the 3 wire ACC hardwire kit, does it have to be plugged into the dashcam or can it detect the ACC signal when plugged into the GPS mount?

With the 3 wire ACC hardwire kit, does it have to be plugged into the dashcam or can it detect the ACC signal when plugged into the GPS mount?

Camera won't detect ACC signal if powered through the GPS mount.

Reactions: Mtz
THIS IS WITH THE PREVIOUS BETA PARKING MODE FIRMWARE:

I am currently using the Beta 3 wire hardwire kit and have it set to 12.2V
Parking mode set to 5FPS
Parked the car (2015 Civic) at 17:30
Records fine till about 21:10 at 5FPS
Next file is at 30FPS then nothing until 1:30 then 3:30, 4:40, 5:40 all at 30FPS

I am guessing it's hitting 12.2V and stops and at those other times is a little bit above so it starts again.. just at the wrong framerate..

I will install the new beta firmware and will report back what/if anything changed

Checked out the low-bitrate mode. Bitrate is 5 Mbit/s, equates to 121MB for a 3 minute file. Roughly 24 hours on a 128GB card, nice!

5 Mbit appears to be enough for a static scene, can't really tell if it's recording in low-bitrate mode or at normal bitrate.

View attachment 41700

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1win6mBLjj9MTcLOcofqEMq2Khoy1UcFe

While recording in low-bitrate mode, looks like the G-sensor is on high-sensitivity. Camera switched back to normal recording mode and started a new file on closing the door.

That is correct, I had it plugged into the GPS mount and thought I might have screwed up the wiring.. Plugged straight into the unit and works fine.

While recording in low-bitrate mode, looks like the G-sensor is on high-sensitivity. Camera switched back to normal recording mode and started a new file on closing the door.
Did it switch back to low-bitrate again after another 90 seconds?

Thats gonna be a tight squeeze for both the power and rear camera cables... Last time i had the power connected directly to the camera it would turn off when i turned the car off and would have to manually turn it back on before exiting the vehicle...

Attachments

• IMG_20180914_100513.jpg
    IMG_20180914_100513.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 54
Low-bitrate mode continued.

3rd party hardwire kit (Vico Power Plus).

Clip starts with the camera recording in low-bitrate mode. Tried opening and closing the door but the G-sensor didn't activate normal bitrate recording. Got out of the car and tried again but the camera didn't switch to recording at normal bitrate. Thought GPS would do the trick but even after going over 8 km/h (1:20), the A129 kept recording in low-bitrate mode. Clip ends when I reached a signal and pulled the power cable after confirming that the camera had still been recording in low-bitrate mode.

Tried again once I got back, this time it worked like earlier in the day.

Took 7 seconds to switch from low-bitrate mode to normal recording (0:08). That's a big gap.

Low-bitrate mode kicked in at a long signal. Switched to normal bitrate on going over 8 km/h (0:18). 6 seconds gap.

Sure the gap is for a dual channel configuration but 6-7 seconds for a situation like above is unacceptable. Not a reliable solution/mode if the gap can't be reduced.

Last edited:
Sure the gap is for a dual channel configuration but 6-7 seconds for a situation like above is unacceptable. Not a reliable solution/mode if the gap can't be reduced.

Thank you for the videos. That recording gap is the only thing keeping me from picking up the A129. Hopefully they can at least reduce the switching time.

Thank you for the videos. That recording gap is the only thing keeping me from picking up the A129. Hopefully they can at least reduce the switching time.
If you get the hard wire cable when it's released there is no delay switching modes.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I don't see how powering it using the 3 wire hardwire kit would eliminate the gap?

I don't see how powering it using the 3 wire hardwire kit would eliminate the gap?
Because it never changes mode, except when you start/stop the car. You still get a gap when you turn acc power on/off, but not at any other time.

With the 2 wire kit, it may change from parking to normal mode on a g-sensor impact and then back when there is no movement, and both of those will cause a gap. Or if you sit at the traffic lights for 90 seconds and then again when you set off - just as someone runs the red light and hits you!

Last edited:
Makes sense. 90 seconds, G-sensor or GPS don't apply.

I guess there would be a gap if you use motion detection with the 3 wire hardwire kit and something sets off the g sensor and it switches to full recording but now with the low bitrate option I can't see why anyone would use motion detection.

If someone keys your car at least you will hear the scraping and then capture them walking away. If you use motion detection the scratching of the keys along your car wouldn't be enough to set off the g sensor so all the camera would pick up would be someone walking away from your car.

A 32gb card would still give you 12hrs of recording with low bitrate.

I guess there would be a gap if you use motion detection with the 3 wire hardwire kit and something sets off the g sensor and it switches to full recording but now with the low bitrate option I can't see why anyone would use motion detection.

If someone keys your car at least you will hear the scraping and then capture them walking away. If you use motion detection the scratching of the keys along your car wouldn't be enough to set off the g sensor so all the camera would pick up would be someone walking away from your car.

A 32gb card would still give you 12hrs of recording with low bitrate.

Viofo's post says that with the 3 wire kit, only the acc power will switch from parking to normal mode and back, so no you would not get a gap on the g-sensor, presumably the g-sensor will only lock the recording so that it is still there 7 days later even if the card has looped around a couple of times.

I think Parking Mode should be limited to the 3 wire kit. Why make a dependable solution and then just for the sake of options compromise on a DVR's main feature/purpose, which is to record reliably without any gaps.

If a customer wants to use Parking Mode, they get the 3 wire kit, simple.

Last edited:
Viofo's post says that with the 3 wire kit, only the acc power will switch from parking to normal mode and back, so no you would not get a gap on the g-sensor, presumably the g-sensor will only lock the recording so that it is still there 7 days later even if the card has looped around a couple of times.
Actually I was thinking of the old fps mode that recorded in full motion when g sensor was activated. This mode has been removed. So my post is redundant. So yes you are right.

I parked a car once in a public garage under the store, I had my A119s recording from power banks (no "parking mode"), and after I got home I found a scratch on a rear door from someone's car bumper. I checked the video, no G-sensor locked files, no scratching sound, just a car I had my car parked next leaving after moving back and force a couple of times. the same car that was already parked there when I parked my car next to it. and I had no proof. for a such event you need a side camera, or 2, those might help.

Back