Parking Mode Beta Firmware

Do you know what caused the sequence numbering system to change at 2018_0917_233258_012R.MP4? Also the alternating recording sequence of front then rear cameras is no longer consistent as the sequence number gets higher, problem? I also see some variations in the F/R set file durations and size as the sequence numbers increase maybe indicating some record mode switching?

There is 3 options under parking mode:

1. Auto Event Detection(almost same as motion detection): When a moving objects is detected while parking, a video is recorded for 60 seconds.
2. Time Lapse Recording(1fps, 5fps, 10fps): Keep recording in time lapse mode
3. Low Bitrate Recording: Keep recording in low bitrate recording.

Using this firmware set for Auto Event Detection and the 3 wire kit that I got for testing, cameras recorded ALL day today. Either it did not switch to parking mode or it just detected the rain outside.
If setting for Time Lapse Recording, do I also have to set Time Lapse Recording duration? Last time I did that it only recorded in 5 minutes intervals as I had it set for.

Time lapse should record continually while in parking mode and only stop once tge ignition is switched back on.

The event detection is easily activated by a tree moving in the wind or rain drops on your windscreen. If parked in the open you are better with low bitrate or fps. Motion detection is better for a parking lot where you won't get environmental activations.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Time lapse should record continually while in parking mode and only stop once tge ignition is switched back on.

The event detection is easily activated by a tree moving in the wind or rain drops on your windscreen. If parked in the open you are better with low bitrate or fps. Motion detection is better for a parking lot where you won't get environmental activations.

Looks like rain did it. We need sensitivity adjustment and that's not available yet. Also low bit rate it's not low enough. Recording still takes like 2/3 of high bit rate.
With car in the garage ans parking mode activated, time lapse recorded for 2 minutes every 12 minutes and motion was unnatural (like sped up 2 times) when I passed by.

With car in the garage ans parking mode activated, time lapse recorded for 2 minutes every 12 minutes and motion was unnatural (like sped up 2 times) when I passed by.
Not sure how the A129 operates, but on the ancestor A119 and A119S, Time-lapse recording always records 2 minute long files (regardless of the Loop Recording time set) with images assembled into 30fps video files.

For the A119 and A119S, the real clock time duration of Time-lapse recordings will vary dependent on the Time-lapse fps setting and can be calculated by a formula (60/fps setting). Likewise the motion speed multiplication factor can be calculated as 30/fps. No sound is recorded in Time-lapse. Some examples, Time-lapse fps versus actual clock time recorded versus motion speed:
  • 15 fps...…..4 minutes...……….2x
  • 5 fps...…..12 minutes...……….6x
  • 1 fps...…..60 minutes...……..30x
The A129 might be different due to recording two cameras. I don't have one to test.

Looks like rain did it. We need sensitivity adjustment and that's not available yet. Also low bit rate it's not low enough. Recording still takes like 2/3 of high bit rate.
Odd my low bitrate is only 1/3

About 360mb full recording and 120mb low bitrate

Hey guys. question: If I disable GPS in the A129, will the device still be able to enter and exit parking mode?

OK, yesterday I flashed the beta firmware again and did a reset and formatted the sd card.
This time I set to low bitrate recording..
Lots of gaps in the recording times and the filesizes are all over the place as well..
It should be in parking mode from 5:40pm till 7:12am

Capture.PNG

OK, yesterday I flashed the beta firmware again and did a reset and formatted the sd card.
This time I set to low bitrate recording..
Lots of gaps in the recording times and the filesizes are all over the place as well..

View attachment 41858
do you have a "motion detect" enabled as well?

No, motion is turned off and g-sensor on medium
where is a car parked? outside, in a garage?
is there any luminescent lamps in a FOV of the cameras?

but looks like something is preventing the cameras from entering a "parking mode".

Yes, could be a bug. Point was, motion based triggers don't apply to Low-Bitrate mode.

Parked outside.. street lights all around.
I have the 3wire kit and it goes into parking mode when I turn the car off.

It enters parking mode just fine.. but then stops/starts randomly and seems to switch between low and high bitrate as well..
Like nothing between 5:42 and 7:34, 7:36 to 8:17 etc..

Reactions: Mtz
I might try the older parking firmware just to see if there is any difference..

Reactions: Mtz
Point was, motion based triggers don't apply to Low-Bitrate mode.
you mean in this case "should not apply"?
smile3.gif

We found previously that "Date Created" was the start time of the video and "Date Modified" was the end time of the video, both with seconds truncated, presumably for files being examined directly from the card using a PC card reader such as here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-beta-firmware.36138/page-3#post-430487. The time depicted in the filename (at least for the A119) is within a couple of seconds of the start time stamped on the video. You might gain some more insight if you added the "Date Created" column to your screenshot. But it does look to me like something other than low bit rate is at work here, and the likely culprit is motion detection. It is not in Normal record mode, otherwise there should be no gaps and I would expect consistent Loop record times.

Last edited:
We found previously that "Date Created" was the start time of the video and "Date Modified" was the end time of the video, both with seconds truncated, presumably for files being examined directly from the card using a PC card reader such as here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-beta-firmware.36138/page-3#post-430487. The time depicted in the filename (at least for the A119) is within a couple of seconds of the start time stamped on the video. You might gain some more insight if you added the "Date Created" column to you screenshot. But it does look to me like something other than low bit rate is at work here, and the likely culprit is motion detection. It is not in Normal record mode, otherwise there should be no gaps and I would expect consistent Loop record times.

Motion detection is turned off in settings (not that that really means it IS turned off)
Here with Date created..
Capture.PNG

Strange, because if I recall correctly for the A119 motion detection alone requires a minimum 60 seconds of sensing no FOV motion to stop recording, yet during sequence no. 9 through 14, three Front/Rear recordings started recording within a one minute period. Looks like a bug to me.

Back