Parking Mode Beta Firmware

If you get the hard wire cable when it's released there is no delay switching modes.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Not an option for my car. It’s an EV so there’s no ignition/accessory mode.

Not an option for my car. It’s an EV so there’s no ignition/accessory mode.
here is another (universal) option: 2 cameras, 2 power banks, 2 switches. switches Up = cameras record from car's electricity, switches Down = cameras record from power banks. the 3rd switch is for charging the power banks while driving.
smile3.gif
each power bank 26.75A.

IMG_0452a.JPG

Thats gonna be a tight squeeze for both the power and rear camera cables... Last time i had the power connected directly to the camera it would turn off when i turned the car off and would have to manually turn it back on before exiting the vehicle...

I had this concern as well. How will this be accommodated? Can someone post a pic?

here is another (universal) option: 2 cameras, 2 power banks, 2 switches. switches Up = cameras record from car's electricity, switches Down = cameras record from power banks. the 3rd switch is for charging the power banks while driving.
smile3.gif
each power bank 26.75A.

That's quite a set up. I didn't even think of just adding another switch and wire to my set up. Thankfully my camera is already hooked up to my car's battery so no need to fiddle with extra batteries. I may just do this...
IMG_8800.jpg

That's quite a set up. I didn't even think of just adding another switch and wire to my set up. Thankfully my camera is already hooked up to my car's battery so no need to fiddle with extra batteries. I may just do this...
View attachment 41738
in your case you might want only 1 SPST switch to turn the camera on or off. if the parking mode relies on a 3-option mode including GPS <8mp/h it should work with your current setup, I think. if power draw during recording and parking is about the same all you need 2 sd cards with over 128gb in size, even 1 sd card would work if you check the footage every day or copy it to your computer or external hard drive for a later view - that's what I do when I have no time to view the video right away.

According to user feedback, we did some change for parking mode. We'd like to hear your feedback for new solution.
The new firmware support 2 wires and 3 wire with ACC hardwire kits.

There is 3 options under parking mode:

1. Auto Event Detection(almost same as motion detection): When a moving objects is detected while parking, a video is recorded for 60 seconds.
2. Time Lapse Recording(1fps, 5fps, 10fps): Keep recording in time lapse mode
3. Low Bitrate Recording: Keep recording in low bitrate recording.

How to enter and exit parking mode:

1. With 2 wires hardwire kit: Enter the parking mode after 90s no motion, exit the parking mode while there is a G-sensor detection or average GPS speed is >8KM/H.
2. With 3 wires ACC hardwire kit: Enter and Exit by ACC signal detection.

Firmware download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jGB1XE39zhWk-oU-k4IWOtYqNCXYrfu9

Thats great new to retain the current parking function for 2 wire hardwire kit. Just out of curiosity, if i were to use 3 wire hardwire kit on gps module port ( not the side port). Will it be working fine as how the current 2 wire hardwire kit working condition eventhought the acc signal is still there? Understood that parking mode will be option 1 which 90s of no motion if 3 wire hw kit used on gps module port. Please enlighten me if im wrong on this.

With the 3 wire ACC hardwire kit, does it have to be plugged into the dashcam or can it detect the ACC signal when plugged into the GPS mount?
Camera won't detect ACC signal if powered through the GPS mount.
If the hardwire kit is plugged directly into the camera, does the GPS get power from the camera through the mount? Or do you lose the GPS function?

If the hardwire kit is plugged directly into the camera, does the GPS get power from the camera through the mount? Or do you lose the GPS function?

Yes, I remember viofo mentioning that GPS works regardless of the port used, haven't tried.

Yes, GPS still works when power is plugged directly into the unit instead of GPS mount..
As you can see in my pic above it shows 0 KM/H in green on the screen..

Comment on the latest beta parking firmware:

Today I parked the car at 7:33 this morning.
After that it recorded a 2 minute clip in 5FPS mode.
No other recordings until 8:18 and they are all in 30FPS mode. (the bitrate must be lower though as the filesize is smaller than normal)

Time-lapse mode 10fps, 3rd party hardwire kit (Vico Power Plus).

6 minutes of recording is saved as a 2 minute long time-lapse file, size - 250MB (per channel). Records at full bitrate, no sound.

Untitled1.png

Front (CPL)

Rear (CPL)

Noticed this with the low-bitrate option as well, when either of the two kick in, file numbering goes haywire. Sometimes the numbering skips and at times it starts from totally random digits.

Untitled.png

Same traffic signal, gap of 5 seconds when switching from time-lapse mode to recording mode.

Interesting situation below, just when I started reversing out, Parking Mode kicked in. Camera didn't switch modes on going over 8 km/h, kept recording in time-lapse mode.

Last edited:
Noticed this with the low-bitrate option as well, when either of the two kick in, file numbering goes haywire. Sometimes the numbering skips and at times it starts from totally random digits.
Which column is being used to sort the files? Looks like Date Created.

Same list sorted by 'Date Modified'
Looks like Date Created is the video start time while Date modified is the video end time. I think at least in windows 10 the seconds get truncated which might be screwing up the sort order where times are close together. Try sorting on Filename.

Back