Parking mode captures shooting - Chicago

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

News link:
http://abc7chicago.com/news/chicago-gang-shooting-caught-on-dash-cam-video/741203/

The shooting on the 4800-block of West Gunnison in the city's North Mayfair neighborhood was recorded on what appears to have been a camera mounted on the dashboard of a parked car. The video gives an inside look at the bold nature of the shooting that happened in the middle of the street on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

A man appears to be shouting at a person or people behind a car when he pulls a gun and fires five times. He and the car retreat down the street before the man fires three more shots. Then, he jumps in the car and speeds off.

It appears a total of eight shots were fired in less than 15 seconds.

So he shot the driver and took off in the same car?
Weird.

That's what happens when you can buy gun for less than a 24 pack beer's cost on the streets. ;)

I looked like that kid was getting ready to join in and attack the shooter? He was coming towards him a little aggressively.

Caught on a Panorama too!

"was recorded on what appears to have been a camera mounted on the dashboard of a parked car"

Kudos on the investigative journalism ABC :rolleyes:

If it wasent for customs and all the other things blocking me, i would love to help you get a couple of those cheap handguns off the street.
BUT as things are these days i fear its not possible to get them out on the US and into DK without causing a lot of problems.

PS, we had 3 shootings here the past week, and not to mention the stabbings:oops: and at least 1 "smartphone" death ( oncomming cars plowing into each other for no reason )

"was recorded on what appears to have been a camera mounted on the dashboard of a parked car"

Kudos on the investigative journalism ABC

I have a sad feeling that this is what it takes to get other people who have no idea what a DashCam is to buy one.

sometimes their search for synonyms goes wildly astray. "well, we can't just say dashcam. there might still be one person who lives under a rock who doesn't know what that is, so you have to dumb it down."

relevant xkcd: https://xkcd.com/1133/

I have a sad feeling that this is what it takes to get other people who have no idea what a DashCam is to buy one.
This parking monitor is one extra level from just owning a dash cam.

Most of the members here don't have parking mode.
I don't have it due to where I park as well as concerns of dead battery.

yeah if you park in your own garage at night, parking mode doesn't make much sense. but parking everywhere else certainly does. plus you can easily add a battery protector kit to make sure you always have enough juice to start it. so sometimes that means the cam might not stay in parking mode as long as you want, but at least you will be able to start the car. i'm also considering adding a small solar panel to help keep it running longer in parking mode. no good at night obviously, but most of the things i'm worried about happen during daylight.

I dont use parking mode,,,,, yet.
But i would like to use for parking out on the town, at home in the yard behind my house its pitch dark at night, but there i have my IP camera on the car.

I think a BDP is high on my list of things to get, but at the wery top of that list is 2 things that need to come first
1. A job
2. A lotto win ( preferred )

1: apparently Job is not just some guy who was in the bible.

2: your odds of winning the lottery go up a teensy tiny bit when you buy a ticket.

a BDP is only part of the solution of course.... my a118/a118c or f70 would not be any good for parking mode. have to have a cam that supports it properly, like panoramas, cf-100, etc.

Back