Parking Mode (Only record when impact detected)

akashvartak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I have recently installed Viofo A129 Plus Duo in my car, hardwired with the Viofo HW3 Hardwire kit.
In the manual and on the web, it says that Parking mode's G-sensor is active if you use one of the 3 parking modes: auto event detection, Time Lapse or Low bitrate recording.
I wanted to know if there is a way to do the following in Parking mode: Camera (Front and Rear) should record only if an impact is felt/detected.
So that it doesn't record everything during night, but instead just records during collision/impact.
If there is a way, could you please tell me which settings I would need to change?

Then what is the closest I can come to mimicing this behaviour?
I was thinking maybe set it to time lapse 1 fps with g-sensor set to high sensitivity OR a higher time lapse with the same g-sensor setting?
My main concern is to just detect any collision and maybe get information to prove my innocence and get the other party's vehicle plates.
When driving normally, the camera is anyways going to function normally at 30/60fps at whatever resolution I've set it at.

Isn't that what auto-event detection does?

Back