Parking mode Duration

akashvartak

Reaction score
Country
United States
As explained here in this discussion, parking mode timer value 'x' is basically the camera should stop its function after it has been in parking mode for 'x' amount of time.
So, does that mean that it will keep recording clips IF motions are detected, until the battery runs out if Parking mode timer is just set to 'On'
Consequently, if you set it to the following:
Parking mode: Auto event detection
Parking Recording duration: On
Parking Motion detection: Low​
Parking G-sensor: High​
this would happen:
In parking, IF motions are detected camera will keep recording clips, until the battery runs out.​

My main concern is, when I am travelling away from home for work for 2-3 weeks and car is parked in home parking lot, my camera should be able to detect motion and lock recordings for 2-3 weeks without someone needed to start or move car. And then I can come review the footage when I am back home. Will this satisfy that?

Assuming your using the Viofo hardwire kit, it will run until the low voltage cutoff has been reached. If your not using the hardwire kit (not recommended), then yes, it will run until your battery runs low.

No battery is going to power the camera for 2-3 weeks without getting charged.

As explained here in this discussion, parking mode timer value 'x' is basically the camera should stop its function after it has been in parking mode for 'x' amount of time.
So, does that mean that it will keep recording clips IF motions are detected, until the battery runs out if Parking mode timer is just set to 'On'
Consequently, if you set it to the following:
Parking mode: Auto event detection​
Parking Recording duration: On​
Parking Motion detection: Low​
Parking G-sensor: High​
this would happen:
In parking, IF motions are detected camera will keep recording clips, until the battery runs out.​

My main concern is, when I am travelling away from home for work for 2-3 weeks and car is parked in home parking lot, my camera should be able to detect motion and lock recordings for 2-3 weeks without someone needed to start or move car. And then I can come review the footage when I am back home. Will this satisfy that?
The camera stops in parking mode in 2 normal ways, it reaches the designated cut-off protection rate or the parking duration you set, and the camera shall stop recording if either condition is met.
If you do not want it to record too much in AED mode, you can choose low sensitivity in Parking motion detection, or you choose the time-lapse mode, which consumes relatively less power.

Back