No parking mode to drive mode switching

_MST_

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Did anyone succeed with A129-G Plus Duo connected to power bank (not HK3 and not HK2) using USB cable shipped with camera and parking mode setup?
I've read in manual that using Viofo Hardwire Kit (HK2), which is power supply adapter only with two wires (+12V and ground), which power up camera all the time no matter what ignition state is, can be also set up for parking mode, because camera should switch to parking mode after 5 minutes of no motion detected and no G-sensor shake/motion readings.
I suppose that power bank is HK2 equivalent. I set "parking mode" to "Low Bitrate Recording", "Enter parking mode timer" to OFF, "Parking recording duration" to ON, "Parking G-sensor" to "Middle Sensitivity", "Parking Motion Detection" to Medium.

When device is booted up it shows parking mode in drive mode (car with small camera).
I turned off screensaver in settings to see if camera will switch to parking mode after 5 minutes. And yes, it does. After 5 minutes of no move screen goes to OFF, even if I configured screen saver to OFF. Then after pressing any button I can check that in fact it switched to parking mode (camera icon with small P instead off car icon).
Great. Screen goes off after 30 seconds in parking mode after button click.

But working in parking mode it never switches back to drive mode whatever I do. Manual says that it should switch to drive mode when G-sensor will receive shake/motion. Well in my tests it never switches to drive mode. When i shake it nothing happens. When I shake it harder it locks recording (parking incident detection). But it never switches to drive mode.

Anybody know what is the condition switching from parking mode back to drive mode without Viofo Hardwire Kit (HK3)?
Maybe Viofo Hardwire Kit (HK2) uses additional cable pin which makes it different than regular cable connected to power bank?
Or maybe my parking mode configuration I described above is faulty?

My firmware is updated to latest available:

A129Plus: V1.8
Build2: 20220706
Rear: V1.7_20210416

Anybody know what is the condition switching from parking mode back to drive mode without Viofo Hardwire Kit (HK3)?
Maybe Viofo Hardwire Kit (HK2) uses additional cable pin which makes it different than regular cable connected to power bank?
Or maybe my parking mode configuration I described above is faulty?
The exit from the parking mode occurs on the signal of the GPS module, the vehicle speed must be higher than 8 km/h.

Thanks. It's really unclear event on official Viofo information page:
The camera will switch to parking mode recording after 5 minutes if no motion detected and no G-sensor impact, and switch back to normal recording if detected G-sensor trigger or GPS speed is above 8KM/h (This require the camera support GPS logger).

Then on the same page you can read:

Compared with HK2 hardwire kit, HK3 could have a more accurate and quicker starting automatically and HK3 does not need to exit parking mode manually. However, HK2 needs to leave the parking mode manually.

Based on my own test it seems that with GPS module connected camera indeed switches from parking mode to drive mode when car speed is about 8km/h. But what about A129 Plus users without GPS module. Previously I tested it without GPS at home. Either description is faulty or V1.8 firmware is buggy in scope of parking mode switching.

I registered ticket on https://support.viofo.com, maybe they will clarify what the truth is.

Official support confirmed that with HK2 or power bank the only way to switch back from parking mode to drive mode is have got optional GPS module when speed is above 8km/h.
And it works as described.

They also revised blog content:
and sentence about possibility of switch from parking mode to drive mode using G-Sensor is removed.

There are no possibility to switch from parking mode to drive mode without GPS module.
Either buy GPS module or use HK3 instead of HK2/power bank.
Altenatively assemble your own cable with parking mode on/off switch based on HK3 functionality.

Back