Parking Recording for A119

Frenky Tan

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, 119 Pro, 119S, Yi DashCam
Hi Guys, i'm not sure if someone already asked this before.
What is good method to extend the recording while car on park or stationary for Viofo A119 Dash Cam?
Does USB Power Bank work? I understand that the smart power bank with push for faster charging to phone so the battery will charge very fast.

Vico Power-Plus is good

Time cut off
Low Voltage cut-off
High Temp Cutoff

I wouldn't let it record 24/7 though as that's a bit hard on the vehicles battery and hardware

I used Yi Dash Cam to record in front and A119 to record on the back.
So if I use Vico Plus I need 2, and taking up from car battery. I think my car battery will drain fast.

Vico Power-Plus is good

Time cut off
Low Voltage cut-off
High Temp Cutoff

I wouldn't let it record 24/7 though as that's a bit hard on the vehicles battery and hardware
I agree. I also use Vico power-plus. Works perfectly. 24/7 will not only drain car battery, but will overwrite all your saved videos. 64GB ad card can only retain around 6 hours of recording.

Last edited:
Just got a A119 and now would like to use it for parking. Currently using a 32GB card. Which settings are required for parking mode?

In this case would the Vico plus be overall better than the Motopark Multi-Safer?

Thank for the tip on the Y splitter now I can be sure getting a rear dash cam installed will be easier... just need to decide which one .

In this case would the Vico plus be overall better than the Motopark Multi-Safer?

the Vico Power Plus is a better device, has very good voltage control and more importantly has thermal protection so can shutdown when interior temps get too hot

That last part sounds very important for me. Breaks my initial budget but seems better not to cheap out on these things.

Did a test with a powerbank and motion detection set to ON and was successful. Got some recording at night that actually detected movement but powerbank was drained by morning.

Last edited:
Back