Pics that make you smile

...i need a block of those:

post2.jpg
They are all useful depending on the audience :D

Smile and a little drop jaw too.

imagescaler

2 of the worlds largets wind turbines was started at Esbjerg today, they are meant for offshore use, but testing on dry land is cheaper.
Specs:
Height: 200 M or 656 feet if you are into smelly mesurments.
Wingspan: 164 M or 538 feet.

300 of these can provide all the power Denmark use :cool:

300 of these can provide all the power Denmark use :cool:
Is it because Danish still light their houses with candles at night? :p
I probably need 30 of those just to power my PC.

There is fjew houses here thats heated by electrical radiators, with the price on a KWh thats not really feaseable, unless you live in a new house thats in the A++++++ insulation class, but then you might as well heat it with a couple of candles.
And our houses are not lit up like a amusementpark at night, we are told to turn on the light in roomes where there is nobody at the moment.

I dont really think its cuz Danes are more green than other ppl, but the high taxes / prices on things force us to be frugal, its pretty stupid cuz us overimplementing anti pollution stuff and beeing greener than many others dont really do anything for us.
Even if we ermitted no CO2 and was on 100% renewable energy, the rest of the world still pollute, and the clean air dont stay over Denmark, it get blown somwhere else and is replaced by acid rain :rolleyes:

Sure we can export a fjew windmills, and we might be better at turning pig poo into gas, but its really not anything special, any country could do the same either by just copying Danish technology, or trowing a little brain power at the problem.
Where we are world leaders is really nothing, if other desided to lead instead of us it will be a matter of years and then we would be even more mundane.

Actually that word is named after us munDANE, meaning nothing special at all :)

Ppl here do think they are so bloody special, but really we are not, if we are anything its ignorant and experts in wasting our chance, cuz we really could have been special but anti confrontational politicians blew that by just pleasing ther stupid voters so they dont loose ther good job.

And yes i really think us regular voters are stupid, thats why a good politician should trancend that for a decade or 2 untill we stupid voters ruin it for him and stop voting on him and his party.
Thats allso why i think any political party that remain "in power" for more than a decade or 2 isent really what they are supposed to do, they are just pleasers and having them in power mean little if any progress for that country.

I allso suspect that statement to be just the power all residential homes use, as usioal the level of journalism here is pretty low, so hard to tell what its really supposed to mean.
I suspect the journalist is aspiring to get into out parlement and the easy money in there, so already know he is practising his gibberish :rolleyes:

@efoo

My new PC takes 27W in idle (with an i7 - so it's pretty much idling around)

@kamkar1

That's the problem with green energy... (one country taking leaps forward, others go backwards - or with germany: planting wind-parks all over nature (so nature's destroyed) but neglecting the power-grid so the produced green energy can't be distributed and they have still to rely on NPP's or Cole-Plants, and planting more and more Windparks than fixing the grid...)

And with Wind-Energy itself: where to save the overproduction and what to do if there's no "battery" or no wind (I'm no fan of reservoir power-stations using windpower to fill an artificial lake to use it's waterpower to sustain windless-times (artificial lakes = place needed for, damaging nature) :-/

But for the electrical heating: talking 'bout the old models (normal red-glowing parts) you're absolutly right... But talking about the new infrared-heaters, they are pretty much awesome... (looking like mirrors/pictures, using less power to heat a room, "instand heat" not lost when opening windows aso...)

Yeah we too need a way to sell off our wind power when we got more than we need, this is things EU should have forseen long ago and have working now.

But EU is EU so :rolleyes::(

My idea for storing wind power is as follow:

Get Norwegian fjord or vally, seal it off towards the sea with a huge dam, then when you have surplus wind power use that to pump water in behind the dam, and when you have no wind power let water out thru turbines to generate more green power.

This offcourse too have a huge loss factor, but for a minimal carbon footprint i think its just about as good as it get.

Americans could use ther surplus wind power ( if they have that ) to pump drinking water from the eastern parts to the water starved poor guys on the west coast.
And a water pipeline is much better than a oil pipeline in case things go wrong.

Last edited:
That's an EU-idea... "Alternativlos" like Merkel would say...

Got a better idea:
Use the excess-power to electrolyse water.
Oxygen released into air or filled into O-Bottles for Hospitals aso,
Hydrogen saved for future use.

This Hydrogen can be used in FuelCells. They'll react 2H + 1O into H2O, producing electrical Power. The H2O goes back into the athmosphere and comes back as raindrop, and therefore back into the cicle - and the reaction needs the same amount of Hydrogen and Oxigen released via the electrolyses. Does not go greener...

FuelCells could be used in Houses ("small PowerPlants", hydrogen be distributed like Gas-Pipelines) AND in Cars...

Yes, the water-electrolysis is not very efficient, but the power used would not be used anyway; and FuelCells are technologicly maturing, as are hydrogen-tanks for cars. (project already running, eg. in California, or several public transports running Hydrogen-Busses)

A much better solution than going for "battery-cars", as the batteries are using more plastic (made of oil) and chemical components (also made of oil) as a normal fuel-cell; and while a battery loads for several hours (even the tesla with dedicated plugs takes its time), a hydrogen-tank is filled faster than a normal car using unleaded fuel...

AND the nature would not have to be tempered with: no artificial lakes...

Fuelcells are allso intresting and there is research in them going on here too, that is units the size to power a house, pretty small things about the size of a 1/2 pallet and 1 M high.
But i think what we deal in here is not the hydrogen fuel cells but rather ones that use natural gas and methanol, the so called PEM fule cells.

But its been a while since i heard news about it, and you never know what the hell my brain do with long term storage o_O

I recall DTU ( The technical Universety of Denmark ) have a pretty good grip on the stuff.

PS. in the long run no doubt fule cells will be a better alternative than a huge lake of water and a couple of turbines.

Yeah and that's the problem: in europe, fuelcell means methanol or even ethanol.
While several windparks have to stand still as the energy can't be used...

Found the page of California's Project:
http://www.driveclean.ca.gov/Search_and_Explore/Technologies_and_Fuel_Types/Hydrogen_Fuel_Cell.php

...thats the way to go: hydrogen-fuel-cells. as ethanol/Methanol-fuelcells (or LPG as fuel itself) will not be green (they exhaust different stuff than H2O), and the excess-energy produced by bigger and bigger windparks is ... well, useless...

And the technology of hydrogen-fuel-cells is far far more advanced than those experimental ethanol-fuel-cells... Even been used in the Apollo Command-Module...

That's the problem with the "Energy Mix" propagated bei EU... All about "1 form for a purpose", but not "using all and everything for everything"... Just think of what world screamed out loud when the chinese started building the largest artificial lake (Dreischluchten Damm) - "wouldn't this change climate", greens also went for "would the mass of the water not be influenced by the moon and therefore influence earth's axis"... And now, greens are totaly into building artificial lakes to safe the excess windpower...

(instead of using existing technology to get rid of oil-based power-generation ;)

...and sorry for the off-topic; today's a special day (30years "aniversary" of tschernobyl disaster); 30 years of hope to get cleaner energy. and nothing happened...

The US is lucky they can just force Atlantic city and las Vegas to use the nighttime surplus power :D

I will not oppose a neuclar plant here, but offcourse it should be of the newer foolproof designs and not the old "just got to be carefull" designs.
Should be a good backup for wind as i think it have a shorter kick in time than the coal plants we have here, only + is we get both heat and power out of our coal plants.
All or most of Aarhus is powered by the plant just north of it in a place called Studstrup, its providing hot warter to heat the homes and the hot water on tap, and it generate 700MW of power too ( use both oil & coal and biomass like wood or straw )

Another plant is the one in Lisbjerg it allso do the same and allso burn off our waste, so methane from old rubbish dumps is not somthing we can use here as we dont have dumps like that.
But to offset that we have plenty of pig and cow crap to turn into power, and those plants are popping up too here and there, even our own human waste isgetting harvested now.
Needless to say both places are fitted with the best filters tax money can buy.

Crap and power to the ppl :)
https://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/regionale/oestjylland/supergroent-renseanlaeg-vaekker-interesse-i-hele-verden&edit-text=&act=url

...the only ones believing in "fool proofed nuclear power plants" are proofen to be fooled ;)
But you're right as new plants could use more secure reactors, smaller ones, too - and deliever more power than an old one...

But as written above - there are alternatives; just think about Germany; if you fly from Zurich (Switzerland) to Berlin (Germany), and have clear sight to the ground - only thing you'll see: windparks. and 90% of the turbines standing still... With the Hydrogen-Fuel-Cell-Idea, Germany could produce all electrical power european NPP's are producing...

Seen some documentarys today - rememberd 1986... no more playgrounds, going to the doctor to be checked for contamination, eating that disgusting iodine pills, growing up in a contaminated area... Gives me still the goose bumps... Especially we had 4 major incidends already (Three-Mile-Island (USA), Lucens (Switzerland - eyyyup... fortunatly built already in a caverne, so no fallout), Tschernobyl, Fukushima)... And several smaller ones, too... Somehow, I think it's time to rethink our Powergeneration... And that FAST, too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tjernobyl did put a damper on research into nuclear power, but even here there is students hunched over new foolproof designs, and it have to be foolproof cuz we are about 5 million fools up here.

I do hope ppl are as naive now as during the erly 70ties nuclear debates and protests here, i would like to belive ppl have smartned up just a little.

Offcourse back then as a child i was anti nuclear and anti EU too, but only due to my commie father and me beeing so wery young back then.

And we did actually have a reactor up here, most ppl seem to have forgotten that, but the experimental Riso reactor was only decomissioned not long ago.
Offcourse it never made any power it was a pure research reactor, but still it was there and it could have gone POOF too.

I saw a little intresting TV too today, one program about poor ppl in the world and how "helping" them is a industry that dont work.
And another program about SS7 vulnerabilities and the unsafe internet of things.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-hacking-your-phone/

I do like when i have seen somthing on TV and feel a little bit smarter, too bad there isent more TV like that.

yeah, this kind of TV should be more frequent... educating, not "tranquilating" the audience...

and as i wrote - new reactores are more secured, but not fool proofed (but they should be built as replacement-reactors - WHEN there is no alternative), always remember murphys law.. but you're right with the research-part being stalled - including the fusion-researches and "what to do with nuclear waste"... 30 years lost...

My kind of woman ( i think )

best-photos-of-the-week-85-photos-7.jpg

Not sure if its okay, but i will risk a slap over the wrist.
best-photos-of-the-week-85-photos-17.jpg

Puuuurdy

best-photos-of-the-week-85-photos-45.jpg

Took a while.
best-photos-of-the-week-85-photos-47.jpg

May the force be with you.
best-photos-of-the-week-85-photos-56.jpg

DUDE ! i got to get me some of that.
best-photos-of-the-week-85-photos-66.jpg

Working parenthood.
best-photos-of-the-week-85-photos-68.jpg

Public helth care in Denmark anno 2016.
sht-happens-sometimes-172.jpg

Amen.
screen-shot-2016-04-21-at-10-19-33-am.png

Need new gelcoat for sure.
783a0fb2a2152fd146b821f9b257fbf5.jpg

Excuse me you what ?

tumblr_o5yy6llysp1rhpn4yo1_500.jpg

Just keep telling yourself that M8
daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-286.jpg

I bet.
daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-168.jpg

The best fun is allways the one your make yourself.
i-do-what-i-want-28-photos-2.jpg

This sign might be American, but if you look at some roadsigns here you will see they are favorite targets for gangstas testing out ther new toy.
i-do-what-i-want-28-photos-15.jpg

See this is no issue here, you can get shiitfaced where you please, and you dont have to hide it in a brown bag.
i-do-what-i-want-28-photos-16.jpg

I got somthing that need a little TLC too.
a-late-round-of-lowbrow-humor-for-you-irreverent-souls-9.jpg

Hell thats common knowlege isent it ?
a-late-round-of-lowbrow-humor-for-you-irreverent-souls-31.jpg

Normally i am not a drinking man, but i am pollite and no is a word i rarely use.
lead30.jpg

Abdul can relate to this.
our-chivers-on-military-monday-37.jpg

Now i was never allowed to serve, but i think this need more C4 and detcord
our-chivers-on-military-monday-5.jpg

We need more ppl like that.
our-chivers-on-military-monday-17.jpg

Aaaa yes growing up.

best-photos-on-the-internet-90-photos-4.jpg

O hell yeah, and remember to turn that dashcam 180 degrees.
best-photos-on-the-internet-90-photos-5.jpg

LMAO ^^ vibration would destroy the wall

You will find a lot of girls leaning up against that wall soon :p

Back