Pics that make you smile

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/djeryu1/CFcITRJ - Imgur_zpsgoxdyonu.gif

358500d1493258145-18058087_10154269909800216_1944751225582170071_n.jpg

When imported cars started to become common here, I nicknamed those "metric wrenches" because that was all most folks had that would fit those cars :p Site rules prohibit me from telling you what we called some other common tools :rolleyes:

Phil

I have learned to adopt over the years, not least wrenching on Danish trains with American made engines in them, so you learn that 5/8 = 16 mm / 3/4 = 19 mm and so on, but some sizes just don't mix up that good at least not for a fork like wrench then you need something a little oversized but at least gripping on ever corner/side of the nut/bolt.

Old Land Rovers are also imperial as i recall, and not forgetting the US cars my friend tried my hands at.

Actually tomorrow the 2 spare rear axles for the dodge ram-charger are going in the trash, if we are still able to get them onto the trailer as both me and my friend are pretty weak shadows of our former self.
So now he just need to offload the car itself with the rebuild motor being the most valuable thing in that wreck on wheels.

Old Land Rovers are also imperial as i recall

Never wrenched one but they were probably Whitworth, an odd English standard. Instead of the wrench (spanner) size matching the head size of the nut or bolt, the size matched the diameter of the threads. Jags and English bikes used those which is why I have a set. And nothing else fits well enough to work :p

You can take most of any Japanese or European car or bike apart with just an 8, 10, 12, 14, and 19mm wrenches, but when the US carmakers went metric they used oddball sizes like 7, 9, 13, 15, 16, and 18mm. A rather stupid approach when the rest of the world had already shown the way years beforehand :mad: Sadly that's typical of us which is why our products don't compete well elsewhere :(

Phil

So that's what i have been doing wrong :rolleyes:

I have been looking for a woman i can respect and have dreams i can make true, and who will treat me the same.

Johnnie the fox, its like stepping into a time machine every time i hear it.

Depressingly true. But only because language is being dumbed down at the same time - words are constantly being abbreviated, we will eventually have a monosyllabic language. And critical thinking is being bypassed by a heavy reliance on trendy buzzwords. Reverting to the use of pictures is a natural progression, I guess.

I can also remember when we laughed at the ancient Egyptians for worshiping cats!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sud Africaaaaa :)

I don't know how he managed to walk away from that uninjured.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back