Pics that make you smile

Thats why nobody in Denmark use barbed wire around their fields, we jump fences all the time. :D
Actually the only ones that use barbed wire are our military and prisons, and then me if i was to be able to build a little house.

I haven't gotten a scam email in a while - just the usual male enhancement, free gift card or drugs spam, but I did receive a phone call from Jamaica claiming to be the publisher's Clearinghouse, that I'd won a bunch of money and a new Mercedes. Since the call was incoming, it didn't cost me anything, so I dragged it out for about 20 minutes, asking lots of questions, acting dumb sometimes, then trying to call their bluff. I even made my intentions pretty clear right up front...

Me: hello?
Them: hi this is the publisher Clearinghouse and you're been selected as our winner of $5 million and a new Mercedes E-class. How does that make you feel?
Me: like you're probably trying to scam me.

Eventually I just told them I was done messing with them and hung up.

Dont get such calls, or at least i haven't since i got put on the Robinson Crusoe list, meaning contracting me with such things are a crime and my personal information are a bit less public.
That list are also to blame for if you google my name & sir name, you find pretty much nothing aside for people with similar name/sirname and that's also a few as at least my sirname are pretty rare.

Lately i have seen in my g mail spam filter a lot of Indonesian mails being angry about i spam them, but they stopped after a few days.

Dont get such calls, or at least i haven't since i got put on the Robinson Crusoe list, meaning contracting me with such things are a crime and my personal information are a bit less public.
That list are also to blame for if you google my name & sir name, you find pretty much nothing aside for people with similar name/sirname and that's also a few as at least my sirname are pretty rare.

Lately I have seen in my g mail spam filter a lot of Indonesian mails being angry about i spam them, but they stopped after a few days.

You are lucky in this way because the scammers generally call to English speaking countries. We get many calls from India and they seem to read from a document. It gets interesting when you ask them certain questions that are not part of their routine. They then repeat a previous statement or continue without answering your question. When you stop them again to ask them to answer the question, they then hang up. It can be fun if you have the time to mess with them.

I have gotten a couple of calls with what i later found out was African area codes, but in general i never pick up when unknown numbers call me.

Funny thing many of the spam i get on my e mail are in German language, dont know why they got me pegged as one of those. :)

I used to 'bait' scammers when I was bored.

There's an extensive group of hobbyists doing this, but in reality, you waste more of your time, than theirs.

I used to laugh at the extent some 'baiters' would go, spending hours and hours of work to occupy the time of a nigerian scammer, who would be sitting at a computer for hours and hours on end, anyway. (and they're multi-tasking at the time, talking to a handful of victims at the same time)

The only useful thing you can do by baiting is extract info to post online. (IP, email addresses, pictures used, etc) with the hope some potential victim will find the info.

I have gotten a couple of calls with what i later found out was African area codes, but in general i never pick up when unknown numbers call me.

Funny thing many of the spam i get on my e mail are in German language, dont know why they got me pegged as one of those. :)

A new thing with the telephone scammers here in the US has been phone number spoofing. So, you'll receive a call from a legitimate looking local number that turns out to be a scammer from outside the country (usually India). Recently, I got several calls that appeared to be emanating from a local hospital which turned out to be Indian scammers trying to convince me I have malware on my computer. Another time I got a call that showed up on my caller ID as a good friend of mine, a well known local doctor, so I picked up the phone. Again, it was the scammers. I live in a small community so the chances that you'll receive a fake call with a familiar name such as from a neighbor are significantly higher and this is no accident as smaller communities appear to be getting targeted for this reason. The problem is totally out of control and I receive several such calls a day between my cell and my land line. At this point I let the calls go to voice mail knowing that if it's someone who really wants to speak with me they'll leave a message.

Then i cant call you DM cuz i dont speak to voice mail machines, and i dont use it myself.

Several weeks ago the maintenance guy here left his card in the window of my car wanting me to call him, so i have off course cuz i am a nice guy.
But every time i get his voice mail and i hang up.
And i pretty much know what he want from me, they cut the hedge and want to pick up whats on the ground beside my car, i have no idea why they just dont do it, they could cut it and i dont park so close to the hedge they cant pick up the stuff on the ground.

A new thing with the telephone scammers here in the US has been phone number spoofing. So, you'll receive a call from a legitimate looking local number that turns out to be a scammer from outside the country (usually India). Recently, I got several calls that appeared to be emanating from a local hospital which turned out to be Indian scammers trying to convince me I have malware on my computer. Another time I got a call that showed up on my caller ID as a good friend of mine, a well known local doctor, so I picked up the phone. Again, it was the scammers. I live in a small community so the chances that you'll receive a fake call with a familiar name such as from a neighbor are significantly higher and this is no accident as smaller communities appear to be getting targeted for this reason. The problem is totally out of control and I receive several such calls a day between my cell and my land line. At this point I let the calls go to voice mail knowing that if it's someone who really wants to speak with me they'll leave a message.
I love scammers that tell me I have a virus on my Windows computer (I use Linux as my primary desktop) One time I wasted half an hour of their time pretending to follow their instructions... That was really amusing. Too bad I couldn't see their faces when I finally admitted that I was just pulling their leg and there was no "blue E" or "control panel" on my machine :)

Ditto on the voice-mail. If you need to speak to me that badly you'll leave a message and very few spammers do that. A year ago it was safe to answer calls from my area code, but now they're spoofing that along with 800 numbers. I don't get many phone calls but now it's about even between real ones and spammers :(

I'm thinking of getting a "900" number where you have to pay to speak to me :eek: If I can get that number on enough spammer's lists I can quit work :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I love scammers that tell me I have a virus on my Windows computer (I use Linux as my primary desktop) One time I wasted half an hour of their time pretending to follow their instructions... That was really amusing. Too bad I couldn't see their faces when I finally admitted that I was just pulling their leg and there was no "blue E" or "control panel" on my machine :)

I've done the same thing. Then what happened was that the same MF started calling me with the same scam at around 6am every morning, apparently out of spite. So I looked up the nastiest epithets, curses and insults in the Hindi language I could find on the internet and had them ready for the next time he called. When that happened I unloaded with both barrels and kept it up non-stop until he finally hung up the phone and at least that one guy stopped calling me. :D This incident happened several years back when these kind of calls were less common than they seem to be now.

My landline (VOIP) company has a feature that prompts you to press a random number before the call rings. Filters out most robots.

You think those are scams! Listen to some of these and it's spreading throughout the world.

The above is just two quick ones, Their is also fake Meat, Nuts (some deadly), just about any thing you can think of.
The meat is a growing problem world wide because the fake crap is very hard to tell from authentic meat. This is no joke!

Last edited:
Aaaa food scandals.
And come on we had those too if you look thru history, and just as bad as the Chinese,,,, or at least a lot of the way.

Just imagine what a cool country China could have been if it dident insist on making the same errors we have made, and ditched that silly firewall.
They could even keep up with being a one party system if that system was a cool one, should be at least as successful as the multi party systems we have elsewhere.

There is another scam going around that you should definitely be aware of! Health insurance scams. I have a HMO health plan that lays out what your out of pocket costs are for different thngs. That said it is a very bewildering thing for a lot of people and extremely hard to understand for many. This is something they now do.

I recently had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night from nasal swelling till I thought my head was going to blow up!
I went by ambulance, 10 min to local hospital. When I returned home still mentally out of it so to speak for a few days, I started getting bills for different things that should have been paid by insurance.
One was for the ambulance ride. The name of the ambulance is associated with the local court/Law gang, so I thought I was required to pay. Over $500.00 for he 10 minute ride to the hospital, well I paid it!! Now I find out I only owed them nothing, the insurance had paid for it $65.00 They send people bills, if they pay great, if not, nothing lost, and they get away with it!

Aaaa food scandals.
And come on we had those too if you look thru history, and just as bad as the Chinese,,,, or at least a lot of the way.

Just imagine what a cool country China could have been if it dident insist on making the same errors we have made, and ditched that silly firewall.
They could even keep up with being a one party system if that system was a cool one, should be at least as successful as the multi party systems we have elsewhere.

I imply it's China but actually it's happening all over the world, sickening what people will do, if you watched the one about "Pepper", that's attempted murder in my book!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back