Pics that make you smile

"Monty" keeping warm !

P1030994copy1984x1116_zpseca23518.jpg

Since the dog in regard to fur cant do much to look like its owner, it must be the owners thats looking like the dog.

This is NOT Photoshopped...

DesaturatedSanta.jpg

No. Just makeup. And contact lenses. And hard work....
Nope, I don't buy it - not for a minute.

Reasons:
1. I've been doing photo editing in PS for over 20 years now and recognize manipulations and this is just an example of the original image being desaturated and overlaid on the original with a layer mask.

2. In the original posting on Flickr she uses the term 'desaturated' where if she had actually dressed that way I'm sure she would have used B&W or grey scaled. https://www.flickr.com/photos/hlscotland/6506340829/

3. If she was really there in B&W why is there absolutely nobody looking at her? She would have stood out like a search light at mid-night and everyone would be looking.

4. Make-up of that nature makes the skin look like plastic and looses all semblance of realism - see the link posted by @Dashmellow to see what I'm referring to.

5. If she did manage to do it with wardrobe and make-up she is the absolute best in the world using that technique. I took her original Flickr photo and did a 15 second edit to desaturate it and there is no difference between her 'costume and make-up' and the people surrounding her.

OrigPhoto.jpg

DeSat.jpg

It is photo shopped.

I too am a twenty year Photoshop veteran. If you know Photoshop and you look closely at the image you can see all the obvious signs.

If you spend the time to do careful masking a Photoshopper can make things like this look pretty slick but if you have some skills, even just a few minutes of farting around can achieve pretty good results too. ;)

DesaturatedSanta3.jpg

Last edited:
I too am a twenty year Photoshop veteran. If you know Photoshop and you look closely at the image you can see all the obvious signs.

If you spend the time to do careful masking a Photoshopper can make things like this look pretty slick but if you have some skills, even a just few minutes of farting around can achieve pretty good results too. ;)

View attachment 18739
Yep. The first give-away is when you desaturate you lose a lot of the luminosity in the image so it tends to look a bit dull. To do it right and make it look 'right' takes a lot of work.

Yeah, I don't buy it either. However it doesn't appear to be a straight desat either as there are minute imbalances in the color channels, unlike yours where all 3 channels are exactly even. The imbalance could be on purpose or just artifacts from JPG recompression, but we can't really tell without the original high res or better yet RAW image.

KuoH

Nope, I don't buy it - not for a minute.

...However it doesn't appear to be a straight desat either as there are minute imbalances in the color channels, unlike yours where all 3 channels are exactly even....
Could easily be attributed to the program being used - PS, Gimp, etc. Various releases of PS handled some things differently than earlier versions - I'm sure that also applies to Gimp, PSP, etc.

Also, as I said, mine was a 15 second effort just to demonstrate.

She has a number of other examples on Flickr including a video clip that shows her in B&W as well. Haven't looked at that in any depth but localized editing of video is not that much more difficult than with stills if you have the right tools. It shows the same lack of luminosity as the still images so I'm reasonably sure it was processed much the same way.

Back