Pics that make you smile

My car is indeed 3C/1L, and i am sure most American would even see his worst enemy drive such a little POS like that.

The USA always makes me laugh, from a distance [emoji51]

You get states like Ca introducing tough legislation on cars and trucks yet nobody over there wants to pootle around in a 3 cylinder 1 litre engined car.

Here in the UK it seems that the 3 cylinder 1 litre engine is the new 1.3/1.6 and most new cars seem to offer it in various states of tune.

How about getting your facts straight before disparaging the USA and its citizens?

Small displacement engine cars have sold in the US for more than 70 years going back to the hugely popular Volkswagen "Beetle" first introduced to the USA in 1950 with its 1.1 liter air cooled engine and later offered in 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5 liter versions.

The GM 1.0 liter Geo Metro was a popular manufacturing variation of the Suzuki Cultus available in North America from 1989 through 2001 and replaced by the Chevrolet Aveo in 2002 with an available 1.2 liter engine. The Aveo is still available.

GM recently re-entered the US market with the Chevrolet Trailblazer and Buick Encore GX with a 1.2-liter three-cylinder or 1.3-liter versions.

Ford currently offers the 3 cyclinder EcoBoost SE with a 1.0 liter EcoBoost Engine with Auto Start-Stop Technology.

MINI Cooper offers a three cylinder 1.2 liter engine in the US market.

Last edited:
The world has gone mad for SUV type vehicles.

When I was looking for my new car I wanted a small hatch. Ended up with a Honda Jazz with the new e-CVT. Perfect size for my needs.

I think a lot of people think US cars are the muscle cars of old. Jim Rockford, Dukes of Hazzard, etc.

But, modern computer controlled engines are more powerful that the old carburetor models of old.

The USA always makes me laugh, from a distance [emoji51]

You get states like Ca introducing tough legislation on cars and trucks yet nobody over there wants to pootle around in a 3 cylinder 1 litre engined car.

Here in the UK it seems that the 3 cylinder 1 litre engine is the new 1.3/1.6 and most new cars seem to offer it in various states of tune.
Small cars do not hold up well in crashes. They ride rough. They are not as stable as bigger cars. I would love to get 50mpg but want a smooth ride which those cars do not give. I also insist on having rear wheel drive. All small cars today (unlike the 80's) are front wheel drive. That disqualifies all small cars as an option. FWD is more dangerous in winter driving.

The world has gone mad for SUV type vehicles.

When I was looking for my new car I wanted a small hatch. Ended up with a Honda Jazz with the new e-CVT. Perfect size for my needs.

I think a lot of people think US cars are the muscle cars of old. Jim Rockford, Dukes of Hazzard, etc

The US is an enormous country with all kinds of terrain, roads, streets and driving conditions. Small energy efficient cars are ideal for cities and metro areas but they don't do so well in mountainous rural environments for example. Tiny cars also don't do so well in states with vast stretches of highway between towns and cities. More robust and comfortable vehicles are required for long distance travel, especially in bad weather conditions or snow. Europe has always been a very different driving environment than the US.

On the other hand full size SUVs and pick-up trucks have become very popular in places where people do not need them. Where I live, in a rural area that attracts a lot of urban tourists I often see visitors from other parts of the country driving huge fancy pick-up trucks and SUVs that have obviously never been used for their intended purpose. It's just for show and ego.

Here in Vermont many people go to great lengths to drive the most environmentally efficient cars they can find. You see a lot of electric vehicles these days like Teslas and tiny little smart cars. Some people have even switched to electric cargo bikes. On the other hand the place is teeming with giant pick-up trucks and SUVs but most are actuallyused for the work vehicles they are intended to be and there are not yet any other options. Four wheel drive Subarus are very popular due to the driving conditions here and their efficiency and practicality. Days of the old muscle cars are long gone.

Speaking of muscle cars, soon you'll be able to buy a 1000 horsepower Hummer EV! A beast!

Last edited:
Just the same here. They buy SUV's or what we call 'Chelsea Tractors' when they don't need them and most can't park them.

I watched a 'lady' driver block a town centre street for about 5 minutes trying to parallel park a massive Merc. Even when she eventually got out she was about 2 foot from the kerb and crooked.

Just the same here. They buy SUV's or what we call 'Chelsea Tractors' when they don't need them and most can't park them.

I watched a 'lady' driver block a town centre street for about 5 minutes trying to parallel park a massive Merc. Even when she eventually got out she was about 2 foot from the kerb and crooked.
I don't know about the UK but here you have to show proficiency in parallel parking to get your driver's license. Many people manage to get through the test but never really get the technique down.

… FWD is more dangerous in winter driving.

That’s strange as my wife’s FWD car is better to drive when the roads are slippery, for example in light snow than my RWD 3 series?

i cant recall having to do a parallel parking on the driving test for car, but i think there is a chance of it,,,, there should be.
When i got the license for the big rigs i was one of the only guys in the class that the teacher managed to coach a student to do a parallel parking between 2 cars on a street.
BUT ! i am pretty sure i would not have been able to do that on my own, with the truck alone sure as it was just a 10 M or so big long car, but with the trailer in tow, that was OMG just reversing around a corner. or for that matter just reverse in a strait line.
Even on bit rigs truck alone or truck + trailer no parallel parking, but getting back to the trade school you was required to reverse around a corner, and several failed this too.
I assume this was to emulate reversing into a loading bay, which you pretty much have to do while executing a 90 deg turn.

That’s strange as my wife’s FWD car is better to drive when the roads are slippery, for example in light snow than my RWD 3 series?
A RWD car that starts to slide is easier to get under control than a FWD car that slides. FWD requires more foot feed so you go faster. RWD requires letting off the throttle so you go slower.

FWD are intrinsic to me with something like 20 years driving that, #2 must be RWD as my Mitsubishi spent most of its life like that as there was no reason to engage 4X4, and my first car was the RWD Volvo 121, so i have probably driven that for 10 years.
Putting the "big" Mitsubishi 4X4 EXT cab sideways on snow, i have seen many eyes grow big doing that making a L turn at a intersection in winter, or for that matter drifting doundabouts though i cant recall doing that with others seeing that, just like now i dont "zip"! thru roundabouts with other cars in it on close to it, cuz no one expect a car to do a roundabout that fast.

Daum ! now thats a tree worth hugging.

yeah if you can make a plant that are able to recycle lipo batteries you could make a nice buck in the future i am sure.
It is too bad the car batteries are not more replaceable, so in stead of charging your car you could just drive onto a place get a new charged battery inserted and off you go again.
That i also think was the plan in the early days, at least here some company made may battery replacement places, but they never saw any use.
If the was standard size and mounting / connecting from below, you could get a new battery in seconds in a place not that much different from a car wash

This was supposed to be one of those battery swap places.

As you can see from this angle the place have a nice fat power connection ( the brown box in the foreground )

Go green to save the planet?

View attachment 58685

This is a bogus post that contains false, intentionally misleading information attacking the benefits of electric car technology.

There are no batteries "draining toxic substances to the ground" because the batteries were removed from the cars before they were placed into storage.

These cars in France were taken out service because of contract termination, not because of failed batteries. Most of the original 4000 cars have been re-sold while most seen in this photo are being used for spare parts.

Why is it @country_hick, that time and time again you keep posting misleading or completely bogus memes, unfounded nonsense conspiracy theories, fraudulent political attacks and anti-climate change propaganda promoted by highly questionable sources?

Last edited:
Why is it @country_hick, that time and time again you keep posting misleading or completely bogus memes, unfounded nonsense conspiracy theories, fraudulent political attacks and anti-climate change propaganda promoted by highly questionable sources?
I never intend a political attack. If you see it that way you see what was never presented by me.
This was a pic to make you think.

Why do you keep attacking other members despite having been rebuked for it multiple times?
Can't you just learn to act nicely?

I never intend a political attack. If you see it that way you see what was never presented by me.
This was a pic to make you think.

Why do you keep attacking other members despite having been rebuked for it multiple times?
Can't you just learn to act nicely?

I haven't attacked you personally. I've commented on your posts where I've pointed out that you habitually present untruthful political attack memes, propaganda and unfounded conspiracy theories, always from highly questionable sources.
Anti-climate change disinformation and conspriacy theories have been among of your favorite themes.

Your bogus post above about electric cars allegedly leaking toxic chemicals into the ground is a perfect example.

As for your claim of not engaging in "political attacks", just the other day you posted another substantially bogus internet meme boldly labeled "Supply Chain Breakdown Truth" claiming that a "California Democrat Truck Ban" is allegedly responsible for the supply chain problems that are happening here in the US.

It has been well established that this meme is mostly false because the effect of the AB5 law on this situation is marginal at best and completely unquantifiable. The "truck ban" cited in the post refers to California's Truck and Bus Regulation, administered by the California Air Resources Board, which attempts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and diesel exhaust particulate matter.

trucks.jpg

Your claim that it was to make you "think" is highly disingenuous because it singles out a particular political party for blame due to something they are not responsible for. The causes of the supply chain issues being experienced all around the world and here in the US are far more complex than a recently enacted law intended to reduce pollution and climate change impacts. "Attack & Smear" memes and propaganda use specific techniques to achieve their goals, such as misinformation, partial truths, loaded words and always a specific "target". Such material is designed to make you "think" a certain way. This is exactly what we witness in these posts of yours. In this case the target was the Democrats. In the electric car meme you falsely target electric car technology, plus you add the cynical question, "Go green to save the planet?"

It strikes me as interesting that even when you are confronted with evidence of the actual facts, you ignore them and instead accuse me of "attacking others". That's all you got?

Last edited:
political attack memes
'There is a guy here that run such a site or that is i think it is a profile on some social media, the guy is media lead in the party LIberal alliance.
But it is not like his memes cant be taken for anything but fun

for instance this one with the Danish PM, that seem to have broken the law in regard to the killing of all Mink farms here.
So in the pic the PM on the left ask the prison warden " i assume you have a luxury cells for prime ministers " ?
And the prison warden answer, "Well,,,,, you get to be on the same ward as Inger,Khader and Messerschmidt. Is that okay ?", which are 3 other politicians, 2 of them also currently under investigation for being criminals too.

imagescaler

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back